“Excellent Place to Stay in Niagra Falls”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 20 May 2008

WOW – we thought this was a great hotel and a good value. The walk from the hotel to the falls was just down the hill. We were on the 30th floor and had a great view of both the American & Horseshoe Falls.

Room: Much larger and newer than I expected. The shower was separate from the tub and there were 2 separate sink areas for getting ready. With 4 women (mom and 3 sisters in 1 room) that was helpful and important. I slept on the sofa sleeper and was surprised that it was actually comfortable. The beds in the bedroom were also very comfortable. Lately, a lot of the Embassy Suites I’ve stayed in have been somewhat dated but this one was in really good condition.

Pool & workout area: Nice. We didn’t visit the pool but it looked clean and was not busy. The aerobic equipment is updated with the individual cable TVs but the overall workout room is small.

Concierge and valet staff: Very helpful. We didn’t experience the long wait with the car that others did.

Business Center: Complimentary with 3 computers so checking in online for the airport was simple and hassle free.

Elevator Wait: I think the week-ends would be very busy, however it was fine during the week.

Noise: I’m really big on noise and our floor was extremely quiet.

Breakfast: Not that great unless you need order an omelet to get a good hot breakfast.

All in all, I’m quite surprised with the recent reviews as I was very happy with our room and the hotel overall. We had 4 in the room so I wanted to not be cramped and we were not. Also, the view is worth spending the money on. Being close to the falls also was a huge convenience for us. We left on Saturday and the hotel did get busy on Friday night so maybe that is why we didn’t experience some of the wait times and noise that others have talked about. However, I’d still stay on the week-end for what we were looking for which was view, spacious room and close to the falls.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanda P
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

Reviewed 15 May 2008

I stayed over a weekend using Hilton points. We booked a City-view room w/ and got a City-view room. I think they may have upgraded us to a higher floor to be nice. Some of the (other) reviewers had great views, and that could have made a difference for us, so take this review with a grain of salt. The hotel was very crowded (it's about 42 floors), and there seemed to be mild panic among the guests whenever free food was involved. It felt like there were a lot of big groups and a lot of big families (perhaps some of the loudest families I have ever heard in my life). I'm not sure if any of the other nearby hotels are much better, and if you want to save some money, just stay at one of the motels that are about a 10 minute walk from the Embassy Suites (fyi, the Marriott and Sheraton Fallsview are literally right next door). The breakfast (included) in the hotel was pretty awful (not prison awful, but several steps below what my college used to serve -- maybe "middle school awful"). For dining, your best bet is Tony Roma's and Outback Steakhouse -- both across the street. Don't spend too much time by Niagara Falls -- the wine country is much, much nicer.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2008

We drove for nine hrs and my husband requested a hotel that he wouldn't need the car for again. Embassy Suites was wonderful.
We arrived on a Sunday and the three of us (nine yr old son) piled on the king size bed and watched the fireworks over the falls. We could see both comfortably. I talked directly with the hotel when booking to make sure we had a full falls view. The Incline railway was across the street and a couple of bucks to ride all day. We then got the People Movers across the street from the railway and rode for one price all day. It drove the length of the Niagara Parkway. We stopped at all the major attractions and Cliffton Hill. The only day we needed the car was to go to the USA side and then we went to Niagara on the lake and stopped at Fort George. I loved having a separate room for hubby and I and our son loved having his own tv. The bathroom was large with a jacuzzi tub which helped after a long drive. Free breakfast and cocktail time. Pool was good for son. We didn't use the shuttle at all or any hotel "tour packages". Got some AAA books and did our own thing. Had a great time and loved the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Wow. We stayed in the 3 room presidential suite for 3 nights in late April. We had a fantastic time. The views of the falls were just out of this world. The rooms were up there with the best. The kids loved sitting in the bath and watching TV through the "window". The check-in and breakfast staff were top notch. THe managers reception was great as was the breakfast. I guess we went at a slow time as it wasnt that busy and the rate was really good but the weather couldnt have been better.
The kids loved the pool area although it was a bit stifling and noisy for me. The free internet room was a bonus!! I couldnt recommend this hotel enough. The only down point was their valet parking. They dont seem to have a real good system and it wasnt even busy. We had to wait about 20mins for our car and they just seemed to have no idea what they were doing. I am sure such a great hotel can come up with a better parking system. Overall though we had a great trip to Niagara Falls from AUstralia.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2008

Really enjoyed the Embassy Suites. Never usually spend this much on a hotel, but it was to celebrate my dad's 82nd birthday. Plus going in May, I wasn't sure the weather would be good (it turned out to have showers intermittently) and thought a good view of the Falls would be advantageous from the hotel. We booked on Hotels.com and had no problems and saved some money by looking at their calendar to see when the rates rise. The hotel was very clean, the people VERY accomodating, and the breakfast included was VERY good with a wide range of foods. One "complaint" on the breakfast was the buffet foods were cool when you got back to your table, but the made to order omelet was excellent. The selection: juices, fresh fruit, eggs, french toast--excellent, sausages, omelets, hashbrowns, coffee, various teas. Our view from the 37 floor only was of the horseshoe falls. The online booking could not assure us of both falls view. But the view was very nice, relaxing just to view the falls from your room at the close of the day, and the first thing you saw in the morning. For my Dad's birthday, the hotel was so kind to send a small box of truffles up to the room. It really delighted my dad. My mom was in a wheelchair and I think they did made all accomodations possible to make the trip pleasant and easy for her. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2008

Had a great time, but mostly because I let them sell me the upgrade from "falls view + jacuzzi' to the above plus a 'fireplace' (and a real falls view) for an extra $25 per night. If you want to do this one, go ahead and book the next level, the Jr Presidential Suite. The "falls view' is a side view - like you have to be up against the window to see the falls off to one side.

Also, on the free breakfast - order an omelet or an order fried. All the stuff on the buffet was just almost warm.

Other than that, the view was awesome, the jacuzzi delightfully spacious, and the fireplace a nice addition. The full view of the falls at any time was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2008

My husband and I went to Niagara Falls for a weeknight getaway. We booked a king size, fallsview suite.

The hotel was convenient and easy to find. The check-in process was easy and the valet service was great (but there is a charge). We had a room near the top, but we never had problems with elevator service to and from our room.

The room itself was spacious, but we were disappointed by the decor. The beds were okay, but definitly not the best! The mattress wasn't very comfortable and the bed linens were really outdated. The bathroom was - mostly - clean and functional. The jacuzzi tub was very large and nice, but the tiled shower was old and looked liked it needed a good scrubbing.

The view was great - who doesn't like looking at the Falls. But I don't think we had the best view from our room (our room faced the Minolta Tower). If we go back we will ask to stay on the side that does not face the Minolta Tower where the room numbers end in 2-8.

The pool area looked nice, but it was very busy. Surprising since we stayed during the week and it was technically 'offseason'... Breakfast was included in our stay, but the selections were slim and not very good.

The ultimate cost was wonderful and made for all around good value. We found a great deal on Travelzoo, which included the cost of the room, breakfast, and dinner vouchers for $125/night.

We would consider going back because of the location and the size of the suite. But I wish there was a bit more to do at the hotel and the room itself was a little nicer. Updated bed linens and a little fresh paint would make a big difference here.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple