Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second time visiting the resort. It will be my last. While the room, view and location were great, the rest was not. The breakfast was one of the worst I've ever experienced at an Embassy. The lines were rediculous. And the food was just absolutely terrible. The service was great though. The lobby situation is insane. It reminded me of a bus depot. There were people with luggage everywhere in the lobby sitting on the floor, chairs, or wherever they can find space, at all hours of the day. The parking situation is terrible. There is NO onsite parking. You can park for $35 per day for valet, or $25 per day for offsite parking where they shuttle you. I parked next door at the Casino for $5 total for 4 days!

The pool was very nice and you really can't beat the location. However I feel that next time I go the falls I'll be giving one of the other hotels in the proximity a try.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Arrived Tuesday night, booked Monday before because rate just fallen below $200 before tax with AAA discount. Taxes are outrageous in Niagara area. I would just love to know what $10 tourist fee is spent on. Because outside of few blocks of main street - it is more of a ghost town at least on weekday.

1. Parking attendants don't let you grasp a breath after pulling into unloading zone. Had to tell a valet guy off twice after we pulled in. Finally, he disappeared and I was given plenty of time to go in and check-in and then to circle around the car and pick up smaller items to carry upstairs.
To be fair - loading/unloading zone is relatively small for hotel of this size and they do need to keep cars moving.
We chose $25 parking option since we were staying for only 1 day and had bicycle rack. Valet parked the car and then I took shuttle next day to retrieve it.Shuttle took no more than 10 minutes ( waiting -3-5 mins and then going 3 blocks west to retrieve our car).
Wish DH let me park in casino lot for $5.
GiftShop across from Embassy was advertising $15/overnight parking but I don't know the details.
2. I got a city view room with AAA discount. One of the reasons I had picked AAA rate was because it promised late 2pm check-out. Somehow, that information didn't make it from reservation to the hotel. I am just glad I checked upon it, the lady said they know nothing about late check out on AAA rate, o well...at least we didn't get charged later
3. We got upgraded to 42nd floor - still city view. Not sure if there is difference in room size or window size but if there is none, you just get to wait longer in elevator. Room and beds were comfy. Small fridge came handy. Room had several sinks which was nice as well.
4. Pool was super busy in the afternoon and evening and my kids had to skip it..
5. Breakfast was fine but busy, no bacon on the side, only as mix-in for omelette, Went early to avoid crowds but all tables with fall view were taken already.
6. Our drink each for evening reception was ok
7. The straight way down to the falls from the hotel actually requires paying $2.50 one-way per person for inclined railway, else you have to walk toward Hilton/Skylon tower and then walk down. Don't walk on fallsview walk beyond casino - waste of time with all the outgrown greens and trees completely blocking your view. It would have been great if those overgrown trees had been replaced with small bushes and flowers. You can also walk past Imax Theater and SKylon tower for short but steep and hidden path thru forest toward Niagara Parks police building and Rose Garden.
8. Hotel desk had discounts on combined attraction packages but know your prices and time you plan to go.
We got tickets around 8.30am for Hornblower and they didn't even tell us that we will still have to stand in-line to exchange hotel receipt for real tickets and the fact that tickets for Hornblower are $2off before 10:30am. Still stayed in-line and over-payed few bucks.
9. There are many discount books that can be found while walking thru the city, most often we saw 2$ off Skylon and 1$ off SkyWheel. I know Costco.ca was offering a better discount on SkyWheel but I didn't get ahead of time.
We did SkyWheel only on Clifton Hill but after I saw a mini-golf under SkyWheel, I wished we did that as well
10. There were multiple breakfast buffet options across the street promising all you can eat for $6.99 but I didn't find out details

Room Tip: If I did it again - I would do Niagara as a day trip and stay elsewhere. if you want to see falls fr...
2  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I would have to say this was the worst Embassy Suites I've ever stayed at. The view from the rooms is amazing, if you pay extra for the rooms with a view. However, the windows on my room were filthy. The free breakfast was the worst ever. Long lines. They herd you through like cattle. The manager's reception limits you to 2 drinks per room (not per person, per room). The hotel is in a good location. Parking is expensive as well.

Room Tip: If you stay here, get a room with a view. Otherwise, there is no need to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We recently had a reservation to stay at this hotel. When we arrived, we were told the hotel was full and they gave our room away. OUR RESERVATION VERY CLEARLY STATED THAT WE HAD A GUARANTEED LATE ARRIVAL, which hotel management acknowledged. The front desk clerk told us that the hotel had a new reservation system and overbooked five rooms that night. They had secured another hotel room for us miles away but we wanted to have a view of the falls and be in walking distance of everything. We asked for a manager and Nauman, the manager who came over, offered excuse after excuse with no solution. He made it seem like it was our problem, not his. After pressing further with the front desk clerk, they were able to find us a room at the Wyndham a short distance away. We didn't have a room with a falls view, but at least we were in walking distance of the attractions. Not only were we angry to not be able to stay at the hotel we wanted to be at, but we were SHOCKED by the poor customer service delivered in a situation they created.

4  Thank Fran K
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great location and views. Now you can pick a room with hhonors app self checkin which makes this hotel even more attractive. I will definately stay here again in the future when visiting the falls. I highly recommend staying on an executive floor as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jpc2020
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family of 4 just returned from a 4 night stay. The positives - The hotel has a good location for viewing the Falls and walking to shopping . The breakfast is satisfying. The staff was always pleasant, and willing to chat.
The negatives - The hotel is too big. It tries to accommodate all of its guests but the rush of people at breakfast and in the lobby during check in is overwhelming. Because of the volume of people , it is difficult to get an elevator during the "peak times" at breakfast.
If you prefer a more quiet atmosphere, look a bit further than Fallsview Blvd, where these huge hotels are located. You will save money, too.

1  Thank BarbaraLynn56
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We found this hotel through Groupon and we enjoyed every second of our stay here. Upon arrival, we paid extra to upgrade to the junior suite and it was well worth it! We had a great view. There are plenty of dining options nearby by and also dining on-site. Buffet breakfast and made-to-order eggs was very convenient. Although we chose to park off-site, our car was brought to us upon check out since it was not busy. Guests also receive a drink and snacks during the cocktail hour which was a pleasant surprise. Hotel staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the junior suite with the hot tub and amazing view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple