“Fantastic view, worth the stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I took my wife for her birthday. I wanted a great view of the falls so booked the "premium" falls view (floors 28+). Got Floor 37 and the view truly was fantastic. This is what you pay for. Having read the reviews here I expected the room to be a little worn but actually it was quite nice. Yes the furniture (chairs and sofa) was a little "hotel dirty" but the beds were nice and comfortable. Overall everything (carpet, beds, bathroom) was quite clean. All the rooms are suites.

When you book you will notice they are very vague with room descriptions. This is because pretty much all the rooms are the same. They give different names and prices to the same rooms. Like others mention here, I was offered an "upgrade" upon checkin for the Presidential Jr suite for $30 more. (The presendential suite is just a double queen room with the beds pushed together and an electric fireplace. Its also on the corner but the secondary view is away from the falls) The people checking in next to me were being offered an "upgrade" for $28 and a few rows down the upgrade was being pitched as well. When I politely declined stating I already booked and paid for a premium room and thats what I expect the girl turned a little sour. Perhaps they get a commision for the "upgrades" they sell.

I did not park at the hotel but 2 blocks down at the Casino. $5 vs $20. This was more of a time consideration as reviews here mentioned it could be a wait. Indeed I did hear people complaining in the lobby. Glad I saved myself the trouble.

A nice perk is the breakfast. Its actually very decent. Its not the cereal and juice I expected but eggs, sausage, bacon and amlettes cooked to order. They also have a managers reception 5-7:30 with cheap snacks and a drink thats free. Ate dinner at the Keg - was terrible. Bad cut of prime rib. I've had better for $5.95 in Vegas. The view from the keg is pale in comparison to the room. Not a great view from the Keg at all so If you plan to go for that forget it - its a partial view.

Overall I thought the hotel was a good value. Its the location thats worth the $. The view of the falls on the higer floors is outstanding. In fact I cannot imagine anything higher than the 15th floor not having a great view. The 37th we were on allowed full view of boths falls top to bottom. The overall cleanliness also won me over for a restay in the future.

I did not use the shuttle but people were always waiting for it and complaining. Behind he hotel is a little rail car that takes you up and down the hill for $2 each way. Very handy.

The Embassy does try to nickel and dime you. Bottled water - $9.50. The rooms have vending machine tokens which if you take are $3 each.

Niagara is a very "cash grab" tourist type place. Every hotel and restaurant trys to give you little for lots. Expect this. However the Embassy rooms overall were in my opinion a fair deal. Sleeping over the falls is something I'd do again. It would be a shame to go to the falls and not have that experience. Yes its a little expensive but good real estate always is. I cannot imagine a better view.

Besides checkin the staff seemed very courteous. Checkin wasnt terrible, just a little surly.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (9,676)

Reviewed 26 May 2009

1) $30 Valet Service: It took 30 mins to get the car. When you go down, if it's the least bit busy you have to look for your car in the parking lot and track down a person with keys. Terrible valet service, just a parking grab because they can.
2) I didn't get the room I was promised. Happened to several people. Don't trust them. If you get the room you reserved you may be happier than I was, but hey, if you don't? Let the track record speak for itself...
3) Breakfast: They boast, brag and promise they have a breakfast and it's on the 9th floor. Well if it's busy (oh didn't they tell you they only have a few seats available at the Keg) you will likely sit with most people in the lobby restaurant - horrible view / service.
4) Billing: Had to get these "sudden" mistakes corrected and they don't tell you "all" the taxes and fees, even when you reserve online or by credit card through their reservation line. Get you in, then show you the real bill...
5) My other half got food poisoning.
6) Staff, not very happy. A bunch of young uncultured people who don't want to be there for the most part.
7) View: Don't be fooled. You have to get a floor above the 28th (to clear the building in front) and one of the ones on the left side (to truly see both falls without straining by looking side ways with your cheek against the window).
8) Go to the Marriot instead!!!

1  Thank Frequent_Flyer85
sobobonkers, Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2009

Regarding the valet service, measures have been taken to alleviate the traffic on the front deck of the hotel, so locating your vehicle when the valet pulled it to the front of the hotel should not have been any problem. The keys are always kept secured at the front door of the hotel and any staff (valet, doorman, and bellman) can help you obtain them. Had you voiced your concerns to front desk regarding a wait time for your vehicle, steps would have definitely been taken to rectify the problem.

Also had you voiced your concerns at front desk about dissatisfaction with your suite they would definitely have taken action to ensure you were happy with your accommodations. Your review does not elaborate on what you did not like about your suite. Any incidents of “poisoning” or dissatisfaction with the performance of our staff should have also been reported to hotel managers immediately, so they may correct the problems, if any.

The Keg Restaurant where our hot cooked to order breakfast buffet is served has three tiers of seating, an outside atrium and internal lounge within the restaurant, capable of seating over 500 people. This entire area is open to guests to enjoy our delicious breakfast.

Hotel accommodations in Niagara Falls are subject to the same Federal and Provincial taxes as anywhere in Ontario. Every Niagara Falls hotel charges a “Destination Promotion Fee” of 3%. Additional fees would be incurred at the hotel if you chose to upgrade your room, or to order movies, room service, mini bar or any of the paid amenities in your suite.

With regard to the view, there are NO buildings or structures between the Embassy Suites and Niagara Falls. Any of the photos posted on Tripadvisor, or a simple Google Map search will verify this fact. Dissatisfaction with you view from your suite should have been reported to front desk immediately.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

Stayed here one weekend and got a great deal. Everything was excellent - check in, room, breakfast. If views are important to you (they were to us!) get a falls view room on the higher floors - they really are worth it! Everything in our stay was superb - apart from one thing.
What really let this hotel down was the tour desk. Never have we encountered people so bored with their jobs. Words were spoken by rote as if learned by heart. This was not just once, but on several occasions during our stay. Any help asked for was given grudgingly. This was in such contrast to everyone else we encountered such as valet, front desk, housekeeping. These were all great - which is why I feel I had to mention the tour desk.
Apart from them (and you can get better info elsewhere), this is a great place to stay. Great location, good choice of places to eat and just opposite the falls themselves. Almost perfect!

Reviewed 26 May 2009

My picky husband said, "It's all about the Embassy Suites" and indeed it was. I found a great deal on Slickdeals for the week of 5/18 that I couldn't resist. I had a 2 room jacuzzi suite with a falls view on the 27th floor. The view of Horseshoe Falls was incredible! I couldn't believe how close we were. Breakfast buffet was included each morning. The omelettes and homefries were really good. We had a $40 voucher which we used at the Keg restaurant in the hotel. We also had unlimited access to the shuttle bus. I haven't figured out why this hotel does not rank high. The elevator's were a bit spastic. (they would oddly stop on the 16th floor when no one was there) but they were always available at a moment's notice. I would go right back to this hotel next week!

Reviewed 25 May 2009

We booked at the last minute for a single night stay on a holiday weekend, so I guess we shouldn't have been surprised that there were no bargains to be had? BUT the view from our 41st floor Fallsview King room was spectacular! The Living Room is rather wasted space (unless you're trying to pack two more people into your suite) because that spectactular VIEW is in the bedroom. Thought surely there would be fireworks on the Saturday night of a holiday weekend -- who had the bright idea to have them on Friday instead? Well, that's not the hotel's fault. Everything was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was great -- loved the photo over the whirlpool tub with the plaque telling you that 1.5 million bathtub's full of water goes over the Falls every minute! The staff have been very well trained -- everyone could not have been nicer or more anxious to please. Great breakfast too.

Reviewed 23 May 2009

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was very nice and all the staff we had contact with were very nice and helpful. Our view was great. Lots of shopping and resturants in walking distance and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We decided to stay at Embassy Suites after a lot of online searches for hotels with great views. It was also very important that the hotel offered suites with a separate room where our baby could sleep. This hotel was perfect for that!!

We stayed in a King Suite with Jacuzzi tub. We were very impressed with the view from our room. It was breathtaking! I highly recommend bringing take out to eat in your room and just enjoy the view.

As a family with a baby, our room was perfect because we could put the baby down in the living area and still have access to the rest of the suite. This includes a small kitchen area with a sink, small fridge coffee maker and microwave as well as the Main bedroom and bathroom.

Breakfast in the morning was included in our package. It was absolutely delicious and had a lot of selection for everyone. My husband and I both loved the french toast. Our server mentioned that we could bring trays back to the room and eat there if we preferred. This was very nice with the view again.

I appreciated the check out time of noon which allowed us a little extra time after breakfast in the room to enjoy the falls and let our baby have a morning nap before a long day of sight-seeing.

The only negative that I have to say is that the hotel isn't the most up to date and modern place that we have ever stayed. The decor could do with a bit of a modern touch, but it didn't really affect our stay.

Best tip we have is to park at the Casino a couple doors down. Valet parking at the hotel is $30!!! We paid $5 and walked less than 5 minutes.

We had a great time overall and wished we could stay a few more days.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family