“Amazing views, extremely good value, my moms love it!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Oakland, CA
“Amazing views, extremely good value, my moms love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I took my mom and mom-in-law to Niagara Falls. We only had less than 24 hours so I decided to splurge on a deluxe fallsview room. And by splurge, I mean the difference of an extra $20 US to get a great view vs. a good view. As you can tell from our pics, we were completed wow'ed.

We got a room with 2 double beds with a sofa bed in the separate living room. My moms slept in and that means the beds were very, very comfy. No wireless but there is web access via an ethernet cable. There is also a jacuzzi tub that I really, really wish I had time to use. Also, the three separate sinks in means more people can get do sink stuff at the same time!

We got to the hotel late and wanted a bite to eat. We decided to eat at The Keg. They were very flexible with us ordering a few plates and sharing. The waitress was so nice. And again, the view from the restaurant is spectacular. This is also the place where you will sit for the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Service at breakfast was great. When we first got there, there were no tables with a view, but a bit later they were more than happy to relocate us as tables opened up. Our waitress was more than happy to get us anything we needed. I found the breakfast, although not gourmet, to be filling and decent.

I ding them on two things. First, the sofa bed is extremely uncomfortable. You feel the springs. The mattress is soft and mushy and folds you in like a taco. Second, the tour desk is also supposed to be the concierge. But the older blond lady whose name starts with an "M" and ends with an "a" became disinterested in helping me once she realized I wasn't going to purchase the over $100 tour package. Oh, she made me mad. On the bright side, when I asked the ladies at the check-in counter, they were more than happy to help and gave me great advice and tips.

Another big plus. Their bellhops are amazing. Troy helped us with our baggage and put them in the car with a smile and made sure we didn't worry about the details. The other bellhops gladly helped us with directions. Overall, a fantastic stay at a comfortable, service-oriented hotel with great views. I thought it was a great value.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

the 2 night Package we went with included (some descriptive info from their website):
-Complimentary buffet breakfast with cooked-to-order omelet station
breakfast was good. the lines were long. omelets were fresh and the best choice, lots of additions to choose from. sausage was just OK, bacon was good, homefries nice and crispy. assortment of cereals, breakfast pastries, yogurts and some fruit.

-$40 discount at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar overlooking Niagara Falls
the Keg was great. I had an applewood smoked bacon wrapped filet mignon with a blue cheese topping. the steak was cooked perfect but the blue cheese topping was too much, very stronger and piled on high. would have been nicer tasting if there was less. served with a great twice baked potato. my husband had a speical of steak with crab meat topping, which he loved. our waiter was very nice. even with the $40 credit we still spent $100 CAD including two glasses of wine.

-Manager's Reception with 2 Complimentary Alcoholic Beverages and snack buffet
this was great. not a lot of drink choices, just basic. nice snack buffet with veggies, dip, chips, snack mix, pretzels, etc.

-Casino Falls & Attraction Shuttle passes for 2 for use throughout stay
the shuttle was OK. it went a really long backwards way to get places though. we went on it once to just go down the hill to the falls and it took 20 minutes, which can be walked in a quicker amount of time! it stopped at the base of the falls, the casinos, and a couple of other hotels.

-Junior Presidential 2 Room Suite - large 2-Room Suite with a spectacular view of both the Horseshoe Falls and American Falls. 1 King bed and a large 2 person Whirlpool and Fireplace. The second room is a large living room with sofa bed and dining area.
the room was great. amazing view on the 30th floor. nice to sit in the chairs and look out on the falls. especially on the night of the fireworks. we had a great front row view of the show! bed was very comfortable. whirlpool tub was nice! the second room in the suite was really not used by us and was very separate from the rest of the room. really a waste and not needed but we weren't able to get a king bed with a view without choosing the suite. always very nice and clean, with a very comfortable bed. fridge and sink/mini bar area.

-the parking is the main gripe. when you pull up they offer you $20 or $30 valet service. the $20 one (which we went with) meant if you wanted your car between the hours of 7am - 1 pm you needed to take a shuttle bus to get it. we never took our car out of parking while we were there until we went to check out. they really should get your car for you when you check out. plus we thought it was $20 total, but it was $20 per night. such a rip off. there was cheaper parking within walking distance.

-the people at the front desk aren't the most helpful. I called and simply asked where the shuttle bus went, they told me the stops. then I asked how I could get to the American side of the falls and they replied take a cab!!! of course I didn't, I took out my map, took their shuttle bus to the closest stop to rainbow bridge and walked over. they didn't seem very willing to offer any advice other than what was convenient for them "take a cab".

-all in all the view alone made the price worth it, plus the breakfast, dinner credit, and manager's reception were nice touches. also the starbucks in the lobby!!

US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

This was a great hotel...Had 3 college age kids with us and there was plenty of room for all five of us. We loved the location and of course the view of the falls from our room....3912. Elevators were prompt.
Would have appreciated free internet....it was $12.95 a day unless you used one of their three free computers in the business center. We had paid for the special package that included a $40.00 gift certificate to the Keg, TGI Fridays or East Side Marios. All restaurants were very expensive and the $40.00 was pretty much the cost for one and maybe two meals, even at lunch. Eatiing breakfast in the beautiful dining room overlooking the falls was a great way to start the day.
The staff were great and we would definately stay here again. Niagra Falls was a fun place for all of us to visit.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

I took my wife for her birthday. I wanted a great view of the falls so booked the "premium" falls view (floors 28+). Got Floor 37 and the view truly was fantastic. This is what you pay for. Having read the reviews here I expected the room to be a little worn but actually it was quite nice. Yes the furniture (chairs and sofa) was a little "hotel dirty" but the beds were nice and comfortable. Overall everything (carpet, beds, bathroom) was quite clean. All the rooms are suites.

When you book you will notice they are very vague with room descriptions. This is because pretty much all the rooms are the same. They give different names and prices to the same rooms. Like others mention here, I was offered an "upgrade" upon checkin for the Presidential Jr suite for $30 more. (The presendential suite is just a double queen room with the beds pushed together and an electric fireplace. Its also on the corner but the secondary view is away from the falls) The people checking in next to me were being offered an "upgrade" for $28 and a few rows down the upgrade was being pitched as well. When I politely declined stating I already booked and paid for a premium room and thats what I expect the girl turned a little sour. Perhaps they get a commision for the "upgrades" they sell.

I did not park at the hotel but 2 blocks down at the Casino. $5 vs $20. This was more of a time consideration as reviews here mentioned it could be a wait. Indeed I did hear people complaining in the lobby. Glad I saved myself the trouble.

A nice perk is the breakfast. Its actually very decent. Its not the cereal and juice I expected but eggs, sausage, bacon and amlettes cooked to order. They also have a managers reception 5-7:30 with cheap snacks and a drink thats free. Ate dinner at the Keg - was terrible. Bad cut of prime rib. I've had better for $5.95 in Vegas. The view from the keg is pale in comparison to the room. Not a great view from the Keg at all so If you plan to go for that forget it - its a partial view.

Overall I thought the hotel was a good value. Its the location thats worth the $. The view of the falls on the higer floors is outstanding. In fact I cannot imagine anything higher than the 15th floor not having a great view. The 37th we were on allowed full view of boths falls top to bottom. The overall cleanliness also won me over for a restay in the future.

I did not use the shuttle but people were always waiting for it and complaining. Behind he hotel is a little rail car that takes you up and down the hill for $2 each way. Very handy.

The Embassy does try to nickel and dime you. Bottled water - $9.50. The rooms have vending machine tokens which if you take are $3 each.

Niagara is a very "cash grab" tourist type place. Every hotel and restaurant trys to give you little for lots. Expect this. However the Embassy rooms overall were in my opinion a fair deal. Sleeping over the falls is something I'd do again. It would be a shame to go to the falls and not have that experience. Yes its a little expensive but good real estate always is. I cannot imagine a better view.

Besides checkin the staff seemed very courteous. Checkin wasnt terrible, just a little surly.

Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

1) $30 Valet Service: It took 30 mins to get the car. When you go down, if it's the least bit busy you have to look for your car in the parking lot and track down a person with keys. Terrible valet service, just a parking grab because they can.
2) I didn't get the room I was promised. Happened to several people. Don't trust them. If you get the room you reserved you may be happier than I was, but hey, if you don't? Let the track record speak for itself...
3) Breakfast: They boast, brag and promise they have a breakfast and it's on the 9th floor. Well if it's busy (oh didn't they tell you they only have a few seats available at the Keg) you will likely sit with most people in the lobby restaurant - horrible view / service.
4) Billing: Had to get these "sudden" mistakes corrected and they don't tell you "all" the taxes and fees, even when you reserve online or by credit card through their reservation line. Get you in, then show you the real bill...
5) My other half got food poisoning.
6) Staff, not very happy. A bunch of young uncultured people who don't want to be there for the most part.
7) View: Don't be fooled. You have to get a floor above the 28th (to clear the building in front) and one of the ones on the left side (to truly see both falls without straining by looking side ways with your cheek against the window).
8) Go to the Marriot instead!!!

1 Thank Frequent_Flyer85
sobobonkers, Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2009
Regarding the valet service, measures have been taken to alleviate the traffic on the front deck of the hotel, so locating your vehicle when the valet pulled it to the front of the hotel should not have been any problem. The keys are always kept secured at the front door of the hotel and any staff (valet, doorman, and bellman) can help you obtain them. Had you voiced your concerns to front desk regarding a wait time for your vehicle, steps would have definitely been taken to rectify the problem.

Also had you voiced your concerns at front desk about dissatisfaction with your suite they would definitely have taken action to ensure you were happy with your accommodations. Your review does not elaborate on what you did not like about your suite. Any incidents of “poisoning” or dissatisfaction with the performance of our staff should have also been reported to hotel managers immediately, so they may correct the problems, if any.

The Keg Restaurant where our hot cooked to order breakfast buffet is served has three tiers of seating, an outside atrium and internal lounge within the restaurant, capable of seating over 500 people. This entire area is open to guests to enjoy our delicious breakfast.

Hotel accommodations in Niagara Falls are subject to the same Federal and Provincial taxes as anywhere in Ontario. Every Niagara Falls hotel charges a “Destination Promotion Fee” of 3%. Additional fees would be incurred at the hotel if you chose to upgrade your room, or to order movies, room service, mini bar or any of the paid amenities in your suite.

With regard to the view, there are NO buildings or structures between the Embassy Suites and Niagara Falls. Any of the photos posted on Tripadvisor, or a simple Google Map search will verify this fact. Dissatisfaction with you view from your suite should have been reported to front desk immediately.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

Stayed here one weekend and got a great deal. Everything was excellent - check in, room, breakfast. If views are important to you (they were to us!) get a falls view room on the higher floors - they really are worth it! Everything in our stay was superb - apart from one thing.
What really let this hotel down was the tour desk. Never have we encountered people so bored with their jobs. Words were spoken by rote as if learned by heart. This was not just once, but on several occasions during our stay. Any help asked for was given grudgingly. This was in such contrast to everyone else we encountered such as valet, front desk, housekeeping. These were all great - which is why I feel I had to mention the tour desk.
Apart from them (and you can get better info elsewhere), this is a great place to stay. Great location, good choice of places to eat and just opposite the falls themselves. Almost perfect!

Willow Springs NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

My picky husband said, "It's all about the Embassy Suites" and indeed it was. I found a great deal on Slickdeals for the week of 5/18 that I couldn't resist. I had a 2 room jacuzzi suite with a falls view on the 27th floor. The view of Horseshoe Falls was incredible! I couldn't believe how close we were. Breakfast buffet was included each morning. The omelettes and homefries were really good. We had a $40 voucher which we used at the Keg restaurant in the hotel. We also had unlimited access to the shuttle bus. I haven't figured out why this hotel does not rank high. The elevator's were a bit spastic. (they would oddly stop on the 16th floor when no one was there) but they were always available at a moment's notice. I would go right back to this hotel next week!