Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mystic, Connecticut
“spectacular view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

We stayed at two hotels in Niagara Falls - Sterling Inn and Spa, and the Embassy Suites. Overall I preferred the embassy suites because of the spectacular view from the room.
We stayed in a presidential suite on the 39th floor, which had a great view of both falls from the bedroom through a floor to ceiling bank of curved windows. We also had a view of the horseshoe falls through the lounge window. We watched the sunday night fireworks in our room and the view was perfect. The room was large and well appointed, although nowhere near as nice as the sterling inn and spa rooms inside. The room had a whirlpool tub with not very powerful jets. It was nice and clean. A bit disappointing to have old style tube TV's considering this was one of the most expensive hotels at NIagara falls. We also rented a movie one of the nights and that cost $17 which I though was expensive.
We found the breakfast was good IF you stuck to the freshly made items (i.e. omelettes and toast etc). The scrambled eggs were really not good! We went for breakfast the first day at 9am and it was VERY busy. The second morning we went just after 7am and got an excellent table and it was much quieter. Also the managers reception was a bonus, but we did'nt have anything from the snack bar as nothing really looked that nice.
The hotel has an excellent location right by the casino and it really is the closest to the falls. The hilton is behind the casino so I imagine they have less rooms with good views.
The parking at the hotel was very expensive, so we parked at the casino next door and paid $20 for two days (one weekend day and one week day).
Check in was quick and efficient. The view from the Keg is wonderful. The lifts are fast. There were a lot of families at the hotel.
A wonderful hotel for a memorable visit!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lwilliams75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

Stayed June 28-29. Great Hotel. We were in room 2417. Great view of falls, but no view of fireworks, so ask for a different room if you want to view fireworks from your room.
As hotel has 1700 rooms, it was very crowded. Ask for room at top of elevator bank, which is either floors 1-18 or 19-42, so ask for floors 15-18 or 35-42 OTHERWISE, you may have a very long wait at mid morning. At 9am on Monday morn, we waited 15 minutes before we walked down to 18 to catch the elevator. This happened both days we were there. When checking out, we actually took the elevator up, otherwise we would have waited A LONG TIME. This is my only complaint about this hotel. Other than that, I would highly recommend.
You need an ethernet cable to hook up to free internet. ooops, I forgot mine.

Gatlinburg, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

We chose Niagara Falls for our yearly family vacation. As it is all about the falls, I was shopping for a falls view room. Embassy seemed to advertise the best views at the best price, so that is how I chose this hotel.

I will try and break it down Pro's vs. Con's:

PRO's: ............

Location: Excellent, close to everything.

Free Breakfast: No complaints. Short lines, food was hot and tasty, and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

Managers Reception: A nice touch, and the bartenders were excellent.

CON's: ...................

Family Pass Package: Some of the tickets were for things geared for younger children, since we had teenagers this wasn't the best deal for us. The "water park" was at another hotel 15 to 20 minutes driving time from the Embassy. If I could have seen it before driving out to it, I wouldn't have bothered. Even with smaller children I'm not sure this would have saved much money.

Shuttle: The first day we were there it ran 5 minutes early, other days it would run up to 15 minutes late. No rhyme or reason on the scheduling. While it is easier to take the shuttle than to try and find a place to park, if you use it extensively you will spend a LOT of time waiting.

Valet Service: The cost for this service was $20 daily. They would only bring your vehicle to you after 1:00pm, otherwise you had to ride a shuttle over to a parking lot about 5 minutes away and drive back to the hotel yourself. This was a real pain at check out. If you wanted "full service" valet it was $30.00 daily.

View: The website shows a beautiful view of the falls right out your window. If you sat on the bed closest to the window and looked out the lower left hand side of the window you had a good view of the Canadian falls. If you sat on the other bed you had an excellent view of the roof top next door and no falls view. I did book a falls view room. We were in room 2112. IT WAS NOTHING LIKE THE WEB SITE PICTURE.

One of the main gripes I had was that they had altered the televisions so you could not hook up portable DVD or gaming devices. The variety of television channels they had SUCKED, seriously. There were only 2 major network channels, no weather channel, only one news channel, and five or so of the remaining channels were hotel/attraction channels. I don't think they had more than about 20 channels total. This effectively forced you to choose their movies and video games or nothing. Their movies started at $17 per, I didn't even ask about the games. It wouldn't have cost them anything to leave the access for portables. This just seemed cheap and chinsy to me, considering I was paying a minimum of $200 a night for my room. Which brings me to my next gripe:

Wireless internet service was like $15 and could only be accessed in the lobby area. A wireless router would cost them nearly nothing to install and maintain. I mean really...

Fireworks were performed on weekends but the hotel provides no designated area to watch them from. They will direct you to the bottom level behind the TGI FRIDAYS that is in the hotel. The trees effectively block any good views of the fireworks over the falls. They already have roof...... a hand rail and some stairs and "viola."

Careful in the room on the food/beverage items, and tokens. They might require a kidney in payment for some of that stuff. However, they did provide a key to lock up the liquor which was a good idea.

NEITHER HERE NOR THERE......

We didn't have any problem with the elevators.

The room was clean and the maid service was very good.

The restaurants (The Keg and TGI Fridays) seemed to be in line price wise with others in the immediate area. I can't attest to the quality of the food as we did not eat at either one.

There was a ticket package you could buy at several areas down by the falls called -Adventure....something or other. (Sorry, children and the 70's fried too many brain cells for sufficient memory retention.) There were several tickets included: Niagara's Fury, Journey Behind the Falls, Maid of the Mists, and one other I can't remember. Transportation was included on shuttle that ran on time or the incline as well. All for about $50 per person. It was a good deal for the money and I would definately recommend it.

I also come from a resort area where we have 9-10 million visitors a year. (Gatlinburg) For the same money we would have gotten much, much more in our local area. I guess I was expecting more from a nationally recognized hotel chain.

Hope this helps the next guy.

2 Thank busywifeandmom
DALLAS TEXAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 30th anniversary in style so we chose the Embassy Suites Hotel. This was the best vacation ever. Upon arriving the front desk clerk Lindsey was very helpful. She even call our room to make sure everything was ok. Our room over looked the Horseshoes falls on the 24th floor. We discovered the view was so fantastic that if we had stayed in our room the entire vacation it still would have been the best vacation ever. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was very good also. Nada our waitress was pleasant and gave us some wonderful tips. By attending the daily managers reception we ended up only paying for our dinner each night. That saved us money . Overall the tours were great, the food in the hotel was great, the service was great and we can't wait to return to such a beautiful place with our family and friends. Thank you Embassy Suites and thank you Niagara Falls for making this vacation memorable. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Raspberry

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RASPBERRYDallasTexas
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

During our road trip in Canada, we started and left Canada from Niagara Falls, and stayed at three better hotels in town: the Sheraton on the Falls, this hotel, and the Sheraton Fallsview (which is a bit upstream from this hotel). This hotel is really enormous (1700 rooms), which brings logistical problems with it. Even though I have gold status with HHonors and had reserved a superior falls view room, I was given a room on the 15th floor. The view was fine, but my rate was for a room about the 23rd floor. Here's what I see as the advantages and disadvantages over the other two hotels.
(1) The rooms here are obviously larger with full living rooms. The bathrooms are particularly decadent, with large jetted tubs, with views of the falls if you stand up. The tubs are very romantic for a bubble bath!
(2) Unlike the other two hotels, this one includes the famous full-on Embassy Suites breakfasts. It's amazingly well-organized; they manage to feed thousands with little wait. Unlike most Embassy Suites, they actually take your omelet order when you get into the omelet line, so the only time one waits is the time it takes to prepare the omelet. And the view can't be beat!
(3) The view at this hotel is somewhat better than the other two. Others make the claim, but this one truly is the closest to the falls, directly above the funicular which takes you down. A bit of the view of the Canadian falls is lost due to this, but the view is certainly better than the Sheraton Fallsview which is upstream of the falls, and certainly more up-close than the Sheraton on the Falls.
(4) A disadvantage of the Fallsview Blvd. hotels such as this one is that there are no stairs down to the falls, so one must wait, pay for, and take the funicular. Getting there and back is especially difficult when the funicular shuts down at 8 PM. It's also a bit of a ways from the Clifton Hill amenities.
(5) The parking situation is definitely the worst at this hotel. The options here are to (a) pay $20 and have your car parked at an outside lot a mile away, then go through a half-hour production of waiting for a shuttle bus which mosies its way through the parking lot finding guests' cars (similar to a long-term parking lot at a major airport), or (b) paying $30 to have it valet parked in the hotel's garage, plus a tip every time you need to get it. At the other two hotels, one either pays $10 (on the Falls) or $20 (Fallsview) to leave one's car within easy walking distance of the hotel (indoor for On the Falls, and outdoor for Fallsview).
Some other general comments about this hotel. Firstly, it's a shame that the pool doesn't have a falls view. I'm not sure why they put it in the back side of the hotel. Another is that the evening reception is probably the stingiest I've seen in any Embassy Suites. All guests, even Gold HHonors, get ONE drink coupon each which is good for ONE ounce of a limited selection of liquor (usually drinks have at least 1.5 oz of liquor), or a small glass of cheap beer or wine. The "food" at the evening reception consisted of chips and salsa, some pickles and raw vegetables (i.e. carrots and olives), some pretzels and some jelly beans. Weekdays only.
Because of the breakfasts and room size, I would give this hotel the edge over the other two if the prices were the same. But given the hassles with parking and the funicular, I would probably stay at the Sheraton on the Falls given the prices which were prevalent at the time I made the reservation.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lebelgo
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for 4 nights and our entire stay was amazing. Our room was actually so big we didnt even sit/use half of it. The view from our room was incredible. We received a voucher for dinner at 'The Keg' the restaurant they have in the hotel and the food was to die for (I'm not kidding). I wish they would open 'The Keg' in my area it was so good. We went to eat at the Skylon Tower and I was not impressed, if you have a choice 'The Keg' is way better! Avoid room service, we ordered the cheese platter and it was NOT GOOD, I think it was around $80 and it was just some crappy cheese and crackers I was expecting really good cheese and I was very disappointed. Everything in the room is very expensive also. We brought our own mini's (alcohol) and we were set for the trip. All and all we both had a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k_scham
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

I traveled here with my wife and two kids during the last week of school in Ontario.

Might i say the area was overridden with elementary, middle school kids.

However, being that we booked the VIP Tour through the Hotel, we didn't have to wait in line and saw all the sights and sounds of the area in a full afternoon (6 hours)\

The room we had on the 32nd floor was wonderful, great view looking staright on Horseshoe Falls.

Ryan and Nathan at the Bell Desk were great and they were really nice about directions, recommendations and the sorts.

This hotel is the biggest Embassy Suites in the World.

They have over 1,700 rooms and you can definately tell.

Breakfast time is very busy, but you have a view of the Falls from your table.

What to Watch out For:

The tokens on the room table: $3.00 a token

The $9.50 CDN water in your room (You can go across the street at the Chineese Store and get sodas and water for the half the price and bigger portions)

If you want your car valeted it will cost 30.00 a night, if you don't mind taking the shuttle bus a mere 5 mins away it will only cost 20.00 a night for parking.

The good thing with this hotel is that you get a free full full breakfast and complementary drinks and an evening reception (reception Mon-Fri Only)

I would definately stay here again.

1 Thank caneshockey31