“Best view and Room you could imagine!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Great view of the Falls from our room. Had the honeymoon suite, it was quite big and very cozy with the fireplace and the hot tub opened up to our room. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay @ the falls. Very close to everything.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2009

The hote l is in the center of everything. It's really great that we can walk to all the places that we want to go. We had fall view room with jacuzzi. I was not impressed.
We have to stand right next to the window to see the falls. & the room is not so big.
The only one thing we all really enjoyed is the Keg restaurant. We had breakfast there every morning & dinner at night. The food are great!! & The view ... has to be the best view of the falls.

Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I stayed here on my Honors points, and was happy with the outcome, particularly the front-of-house service and the staff in the restaurant/lounge. The hotel was nearly full, if not completely, and things went relatively smoothly in terms of parking, using the business center, fitness center and transportation to the Clifton Hill area where the bulk of restaurants and activities are located.

As alluded to earlier, the servers in the restaurant were attentive and swift and the breakfast buffet was the best I have found at any Embassy Suites, and even taking away the aspect that it was free, was a much better breakfast than we experienced down the street with the Sheraton Fallsview, which wins the award as the most overvalued meal of our recent two week vacation... but I digress. Outside of the rather protracted van ride to fetch the car from their off-site lot, the hotel was everything it should be and well run.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We had reservation for Saturday and Sunday 8/15, 8/16 with a rate of $365 and $215 with 2 queen bed horseshoe falls view on 10-15 floors. We arrived around 4:50pm, just a few people waiting to check in. The receptionist first told me there is only room on 10th floor and immediately offered me upgrade on 35th floor with bigger room and better view, for $40 more a night. I am the kind of person who likes to appreciate people’s offer instead question their motivation and I did a lot of research for this hotel reservation and picked this hotel for a great fallsview. So I accepted hoping to impress my wife. Man, was I wrong?! The room was 3517. As soon as I was in the room and look at direction of window, I saw no falls but a top of tower(Minolta tower? About 100 feet away, look really close though). I had to get really close to window and look far left to see the falls. The worst of it, there are wires, poles, and all other stuff on top of the tower, and it wasn’t pretty at all. I was sure I would get a nightmare sleeping in a room like this. You can imagine how disappointed I was. I called lobby right away and ask for my original reservation room. The receptionist told me no room available and I gave up my room reservation once I choose to upgrade it. I felt I was cheated. It was obviously a trap. They were trying to get rid of the rooms with the worst views. When I insisted to change to other rooms, she then offered me a room 1819, which is facing more to the tower and farther away from the falls. I couldn’t accept that either. We took all our bags to the lobby and after another 20 minutes of “negotiation”, we finally settled on 2614, 2 units more towards the fall direction paying $20 more each day. The tower is still there and we can see people having dinner. I am sure they can see us too. So there is no privacy unless you close the curtain. So it is still sucks but …

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My partner, parents and myself stayed here for just one night in June 2009 as the fifth leg of our 22-day ‘Grand East Coast Tour’. I did a huge amount of research before booking the Niagara Falls hotel, since we were only there for one night and I wanted it to be perfect. I’m glad to say that it pretty much was!

Embassy Suites is one of the handful of hotels along the Fallsview area, near the newer casino complex. It is these hotels that have the best, closest direct views of the Horseshoe Falls.

This hotel is huge, with many floors. Note that they offer different types of rooms with different views. Do not book their fallsview rooms which ‘overlook the famous Horseshoe Falls’ since these are a sideways view of JUST the Horseshoe falls and a lot of these rooms seemed to face into the hotel next door. What you want is a fallsview room that ‘overlooks BOTH the famous Horseshoe Falls and American Falls’ (words from their own web site) since this is the great full-on view that you really want.

They also offer some rooms on floors 10 to 15, and others on higher floors, at higher prices. When we stayed, the higher floors were $50 per room per night extra, so we chose one on floors 10 to 15. I was slightly concerned beforehand that the view would be somehow substandard. We need not have worried – the view was wonderful, as can be seen in our photos. We were on floor 14 (I think floor 10 is the first floor above the public areas, and I guess views may slightly be affected by some trees or the protruding restaurant below). So when you check-in, simply ask for as high as floor as possible.

To get to the falls, you can either right walk out the front door, past the casino and down the road. It probably takes about 20-25 minutes. Alternatively, you can walk round the back of the hotel and the incline railway is directly in front of you. This costs $2 each for a one-way trip down to the Horseshoe Falls. A side note here – they only accept cash, not credit cards, and we had no Canadian dollars at this point. Luckily, they accepted US dollars as an alternative (on a 1:1 basis). It saved our embarrassment!

We arrived by car, which was left at the front of the hotel to be dealt with by the valets. For approx $20 per day, the car was taken about ½ mile away to a large car park presumably used for valet parking by a number of the hotels in the area. When we left the hotel, we got straight onto a free shuttle bus at the front of the hotel which took us to the car park. We were glad we had a GPS/Sat Nav, because we didn’t know exactly where this car park was, and we had to use the GPS to point us in the right direction for our onward journey. If you don’t have a GPS, be sure to ask for directions when you get dropped off. I believe there was another option, possibly for $30, where the car would be brought to you at the hotel rather than having to use the shuttle. You may want to consider this.

Check-in was very quick, and the room was available for us even though we arrived early at 1.20pm. We were given 4 vouchers for breakfast at TGI Fridays (at the hotel) and 2 alcoholic drinks at that evening’s Manager’s Reception.

The suite’s door led to a first room with table, chairs, sofa bed, side chair and TV. From there, you walked through past the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, bathroom (with Jacuzzi, even though we didn’t expect or pay for one) into the main bedroom which had two double beds, a further TV, and huge windows looking directly onto the falls.

The décor was very nice, and well maintained. The bathroom was spotless, and had a good supply of towels and toiletries for our group of four.

To be balanced, there were a few minor niggles: the sofa bed in the first room wasn’t particularly comfortable, and that room itself is quite dark with no windows. Anything in the mini-bar was typically outrageous price, but easily avoided, as were the tokens (at $3 apiece) that you can use in the hotel vending machines.

The breakfast was in TGI Friday’s on-site, which seemed a much less hectic option than breakfast in The Keg or in the lobby. It was a good buffet with help-yourself cereals, toast, muffins, etc. Hot items such as sausage, bacon, egg, potatoes, French toast and pancakes were handed on a plate to you on request by the chef.

Out of nine places we stayed, this was the second most expensive hotel after New York. The advertised rate was CA$235, but after adding the $50 for two extra persons (there were four of us in all) and numerous taxes, it came to CA$322. This was a Sunday night, during the last week in June, and I watched this price for 9 months – it didn’t move! Other room prices (for different dates) went down nearer the time, so I think it worth while booking early but continuing to check the rate on their web site. If you see it cheaper, you can easily amend your booking yourself, or contact them and ask them to do it. I think the reason our price didn’t move was because it marked the start of the school holidays and was the nearest weekend to Canada Day.

Despite the expensive price, it was totally worth staying here for a short time. All staff were very friendly, the check-in and check-out were very efficient. The breakfast was excellent, and the room and view were superb. What more could you ask for?

A side note: Stand on the right (starboard) side of the Maid of the Mist boat, if leaving from the Canadian side, for the fullest soaking! It’s got to be one of the best priced, dumbest and most incredibly entertaining experiences ever!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank reddiguy
Reviewed 15 August 2009

The view is spectacular from the suite on the 17th floor. Ignore the times on the breakfast buffet card. Go early, can be very busy. Buy the package for the Maid of the Mist, walk behind the falls, river walk, people mover etc. . Use the incline cart to get to the falls, the package will save time. The mist and spray can be heavy. Usually did not need any rain gear to view falls; cover-ups provided where definitely needed. Consider driving North to Niagra-on- the-lake for shopping. If room is on lower floors, the other elevators can be used. Wednesday seems to have more bus tours into the falls, very busy on the Maid of the Mist. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We arrived at the hotel to be told that our Fallsview room for the first night was not available and that we would need to switch rooms after the first night. I had made the reservation for the fallsview room months ago so talked to the manager. They finally agreed to provide complimentary valet parking for our inconvenience. So, don't count on getting the room you reserved. The housekeeping was very poor. Drink glasses were left in the room, the table was not wiped off. I think they made the beds and provided clean towels. I thought the breakfast was good and did not wait very long in line. I also did not have issues with the elevator waits and time needed to provide our car. We were upgraded to a whirlpool suite. The view was very nice from the room but could not see the fireworks. Most of the wait staff for breakfast were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family