“ABSOLUTE FILTH.......NEED I SAY MORE”

Caravan Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #114 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Barrie, Canada
“ABSOLUTE FILTH.......NEED I SAY MORE”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Booked this room for my family and I. We walked into the room to be hit in the face with an awful STENCH. The room was scattered with a lot of GARAGE SALE furniture. I am sure this room has not been cleaned in a very long time. As mentioned before the carpets were GROSS. The beds were covered in 50 year old blankets which have never been washed in the half century. First thing we done was pull back the awful looking blanket to expose sheets that were covered in little black hairs......Truly unbelievable, how do these people think they can get away with this?? No one in their right mind would ever stay here... I am sure that even two dollar wh@&$ have higher standards than this.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT STAY HERE
On a good note the owners were very friendly and didnt hesitate to refund me my money,

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 12345678997

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I was going to stay here, I booked the room. I walked into the hallway to go to the room and first thing I noticed was the stench of ciggarettes and marihuana and who knows what else. Then I walked into the room and it was horridly discusting. The cheap indoor/outdoor carpets were stained and dirty (looks like someone threw up all over them) there was dirt all over the room. The beds were made up but the sheets were dirty. The bathroom was absolutely discustingly dirty. People, unless you like really dirty motels dont stay here, I was discusted and coming from me that is pretty bad because it doesn't take much to impress me. It's not even worth the price paid for it. I was in this motel room for a few minutes and I could not stay there, the smell of marihuana was going all thru the room, I'd be afraid of what I would catch trying to sleep in that bed. I wish I had taken pictures of this place. NOT RECOMMENDED STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank D101Canada
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The only reason I stayed at this place was because my friend from England was staying at this motel and I wanted to be near her.

The Good: The staff were very friendly and there was a microwave and mini-fridge in the room.

The Bad: Check in was disorganized and I had to come back to the front desk to check in and pay after I had already been to my room; I asked for a room with a king sized bed and was given one that also had a jacuzzi tub in it which didn't work; There was no remote in the room and the phone didn't work.

The Ugly: The room stunk like mildew, The carpets were disgusting and I refused to take off my shoes, There was a huge party going on in the courtyard and it appeared people were living here; as someone mentioned before there were hairs on the towel/on the bathroom floor; the room my friends were staying in had a huge burn hole in the curtains.

I think the biggest downfalls of this place were the smell in the room and the nastiness of the carpets.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anonsmellycat
toronto
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This is just to save a few of the last minute travellers thinking they're getting a deal on a half decent motel. You're not! First off I'd like to say that I don't know whose family member reviewed that it was only two minutes from the falls, but we had to take a 25$ cab from the train station when we arrived and almost another 20$ to get to downtown niagara the next morning.
When we first arrived,there was a man out front of the place cooking his food on a fire in the lot as if we were in the ghetto. The phone in the room wasn't even hooked up, no dial tone, so we couldn't call the "front desk" and we couldn't figure it out even though we're young and understand higher technology than a 15$ GE phone, I'm guessing it was for show. Not to mention that the toilet shifted when you sat down making you think that you might just break it.
You want to upgrade to a jacuzzi "suite" DON'T, it takes forever to fill up, almost a half hour.
I would recommend pitching tent out back, seeing as there is trailer camp there anyways, and those guests looked cleaner.
Also if you thought you would be able to have a drink to relax and have a laugh, there's no ice machine to be found, so good luck.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lindseybee
Niagara Falls
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We rented this room for our anniversary and it was appolling. The carpet was so dirty we were afraid to step on it. The bathroom was filthy, and the jacuzzi looks as if it hasn't been cleaned since it was installed. There were so many spots on the mirror that you couldn't see your own reflection. Upon bringing this to the managers attention, we were told quite curtly " oh, sorry". Can't say that I would ever be motavated to stay there again for any reson, or recomend to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honeymooner003
Toronto
Reviewed 12 September 2008

This was the worst motel ever ... and unfortunately we were there for 2 days. When we arrived, the manager tried to rip us off by charging my credit card twice. I had to get out my laptop, log onto my online banking to show this idiot that yes, he had already charged my credit card for the room. Then he tries saying that I made a mistake when I placed my reservation. I'm glad to see now that I'm not the only person who has had this issue with that motel.

We stayed in a jacuzzi room. The first one they gave us was DIRTY! Spiders and cobbwebs EVERYWHERE! When I went to ask him about it, he said they had just finished cleaning it. Not sure what housekeeping codes he's going by, but definitely not Canadian standards. I had to argue for him to give me another room ... which thankfully was a bit cleaner ... no signs of cobbwebs which makes me wonder if it was previous guests who had cleaned it up themselves. We checked for bed bugs and thankfully our room did not have any.

We left for a few hours and upon returning, the parking lot was filled with police vehicles. Hrmmm ... makes you wonder what kind of shady business these people are running.

Do not waste any money on this motel ... I wouldn't stay there again even if they gave me a room for free. Also, staff is very rude.

• Disliked — Everything!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank paulom81
Ontario
Reviewed 26 July 2008

This is a horrible hotel. The only reason we booked was because it was supposed to be affiliated with the Thriftlodge. We get there and the staff speaks very poor English and made us pay for the room in full with cash before giving us the room key. We go to the room and they key wouldnt work...we jiggled it for a good minute before getting the door to open. When we walked in the room reeked of body odour and smoke. The floors had not been vacummned and were covered with dirt and filth. I immediately went to the beds and opened up the covers...there were pubic hairs on the one bed with human ejaculation spots. On the other I opened the bed to expect the same to find BED BUGS!!! Huge bed bugs!! We immediately left the room and did not come back!!!!!!!!!! When asking for our money back, they gave us only half of it back. I will never ever return to this location again!!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank am_preston