“Stay somewhere else”

Ranked #114 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Stay somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

The only reason I stayed at this place was because my friend from England was staying at this motel and I wanted to be near her.

The Good: The staff were very friendly and there was a microwave and mini-fridge in the room.

The Bad: Check in was disorganized and I had to come back to the front desk to check in and pay after I had already been to my room; I asked for a room with a king sized bed and was given one that also had a jacuzzi tub in it which didn't work; There was no remote in the room and the phone didn't work.

The Ugly: The room stunk like mildew, The carpets were disgusting and I refused to take off my shoes, There was a huge party going on in the courtyard and it appeared people were living here; as someone mentioned before there were hairs on the towel/on the bathroom floor; the room my friends were staying in had a huge burn hole in the curtains.

I think the biggest downfalls of this place were the smell in the room and the nastiness of the carpets.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anonsmellycat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

This is just to save a few of the last minute travellers thinking they're getting a deal on a half decent motel. You're not! First off I'd like to say that I don't know whose family member reviewed that it was only two minutes from the falls, but we had to take a 25$ cab from the train station when we arrived and almost another 20$ to get to downtown niagara the next morning.
When we first arrived,there was a man out front of the place cooking his food on a fire in the lot as if we were in the ghetto. The phone in the room wasn't even hooked up, no dial tone, so we couldn't call the "front desk" and we couldn't figure it out even though we're young and understand higher technology than a 15$ GE phone, I'm guessing it was for show. Not to mention that the toilet shifted when you sat down making you think that you might just break it.
You want to upgrade to a jacuzzi "suite" DON'T, it takes forever to fill up, almost a half hour.
I would recommend pitching tent out back, seeing as there is trailer camp there anyways, and those guests looked cleaner.
Also if you thought you would be able to have a drink to relax and have a laugh, there's no ice machine to be found, so good luck.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lindseybee

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Niagara Falls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

We rented this room for our anniversary and it was appolling. The carpet was so dirty we were afraid to step on it. The bathroom was filthy, and the jacuzzi looks as if it hasn't been cleaned since it was installed. There were so many spots on the mirror that you couldn't see your own reflection. Upon bringing this to the managers attention, we were told quite curtly " oh, sorry". Can't say that I would ever be motavated to stay there again for any reson, or recomend to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honeymooner003
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2008

This was the worst motel ever ... and unfortunately we were there for 2 days. When we arrived, the manager tried to rip us off by charging my credit card twice. I had to get out my laptop, log onto my online banking to show this idiot that yes, he had already charged my credit card for the room. Then he tries saying that I made a mistake when I placed my reservation. I'm glad to see now that I'm not the only person who has had this issue with that motel.

We stayed in a jacuzzi room. The first one they gave us was DIRTY! Spiders and cobbwebs EVERYWHERE! When I went to ask him about it, he said they had just finished cleaning it. Not sure what housekeeping codes he's going by, but definitely not Canadian standards. I had to argue for him to give me another room ... which thankfully was a bit cleaner ... no signs of cobbwebs which makes me wonder if it was previous guests who had cleaned it up themselves. We checked for bed bugs and thankfully our room did not have any.

We left for a few hours and upon returning, the parking lot was filled with police vehicles. Hrmmm ... makes you wonder what kind of shady business these people are running.

Do not waste any money on this motel ... I wouldn't stay there again even if they gave me a room for free. Also, staff is very rude.

• Disliked — Everything!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank paulom81
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2008

This is a horrible hotel. The only reason we booked was because it was supposed to be affiliated with the Thriftlodge. We get there and the staff speaks very poor English and made us pay for the room in full with cash before giving us the room key. We go to the room and they key wouldnt work...we jiggled it for a good minute before getting the door to open. When we walked in the room reeked of body odour and smoke. The floors had not been vacummned and were covered with dirt and filth. I immediately went to the beds and opened up the covers...there were pubic hairs on the one bed with human ejaculation spots. On the other I opened the bed to expect the same to find BED BUGS!!! Huge bed bugs!! We immediately left the room and did not come back!!!!!!!!!! When asking for our money back, they gave us only half of it back. I will never ever return to this location again!!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank am_preston
GTA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2007

My friends and I stayed at the Caravan and received 5 star hospitality from the manager Ghandi (?). We liked it so much, we came back the next day! The rooms are decent, fully equipped with the necessary appliances and the beds were comfortable, in case you bring back some sharameet. Walking distance from adult entertainment establishments (although save your money and avoid rip-off massage parlours). We were provided with complimentary ice and bottled water for the drive home. All and all, we would do this all over again. Tell Ghandi that Joseph, Frank, & Steve from TO sent you for the best rates. Long live Abyeed.

• Liked — Ghandi, the manager
  • Disliked — Ghandi, (when he was drunk)
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
Akron, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2007

I thought I was booking reservations at a Travelodge...a chain I have stayed at previously and not had problems with. I arrived to a THRIFTlodge (the person on the phone failed to inform me that I was not booking at a Travelodge). The best way to describe this place is a Cockroach Motel - it was like something you would see in a movie - I have never in my life seen such a disgusting motel room. Ripped lamp shades, stained floors, lingering smell of urine...I would imagine that the accommodations could be equated to that of a prison cell. The Indian family that owns the motel first could not find my reservation, then ended up charging me $270 for two rooms for one Friday night. When I spoke with the "Manager" the next morning, he gave me a $50 refund after arguing for 30 minutes and trying to preach to me about God and how he has to support his family, who appeared to be living in the back room. Never again.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family