“Decent stay for one night”

Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #77 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I thought this place was alright. The best thing going for it is the value and distance, about a 10 minute walk to the falls (you can't really beat that for the price this hotel offers). It can use a little clean up and updating. The staff were super nice and friendly. I would highly recommend this place if you are staying one, maybe two nights, just to rest your head.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HawkeyeCubs34

Reviewed 6 July 2014

You pay for what you get!!! We were there for a dance competition and thought we had found a deal at $55.20 a night, who could complain right? Well I just need to be honest. This place lacks in customer service, cleanliness and updates. We were without water on 2 separate occassions and were told that if we had complaints to take it up with the city of Niagara.
Bedding was gross, carpets were disgusting (black feet within 5 minutes)! I had to clean the bathroom floor from the previous people because housekeeping couldnt do it well enough. When someone elses pubic hairs are on the floor its disgusting. I also cleaned the pool for the kids to swim in. It needed to be skimmed badly! Lesson learned I guess.
I would not reccommend this hotel even for the price!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank newflyer00
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin? It is in desperate need of an upgrade and it is literally falling apart!! The water was shut off due to a water main break for hours at night and the following day. Not only did the hotel fail to warn us this was going to happen - they did nothing to accommodate us during the time and refused any type of discount!! In fact they offered some guests the use if the washroom facilities at an even shadier hotel next door. Disgusting!!! When asked for any compensation the next day after all the inconvenience the extremely rude and unhelpful staff that always seemed to be working was totally unsympathetic and simply replied "absolutely not, it's the city's fault not ours!" Way to look out for your customers!! Terrible, Terrible...shame on you Days Inn!!! Never again will I stay at ANY OF YOUR HOTELS - EVER!! They disgusted a whole group of parents from a dance team that stayed there - not one person had a positive thing to say about this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Readmymindflamingo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We choose this hotel based on the reviews that the location was great but I don't agree. Although it is not far from the observation level of the falls you have to walk all the way around (or pay for a ticket on the incline railway) to get to the main area of the falls. Also Clifton Hill was a bit of a walk away so it was a bit hard for us with our 2 young kids. The hotel itself wasn't so bad especially for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good hotel in a great location. The girl at check in was very welcoming. The room for the price we paid was very good, it was clean as was the bathroom. We had a good night on the very comfortable beds. We will be returning twice more this summer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. That is where the joy ended. I was disappointed that they charged $10 for parking. The fee that I knew I would be paying for my cat was $30. I might expect to pay that if there was damage, but really! I chose this motel because it was the only one I could find in my budget that was within walking distance of the falls that took pets at all.
The room was a basement room, not a first floor room as I had requested. It felt dark and damp with only one window located up high that had a view of the backs of cars in the parking lot. The room was clean and inviting with a Jacuzzi tub in the room as described. The problem with the room was location. It was next to some sort of laundry room and evidently the place all water goes whenever a toilet is flushed or a shower is on. The noise from the pipes was one reason I did not get a good sleep.
The conversations from somewhere outside my door, maybe in the next room, maybe the room across the hall, went on and on until 3:30 a.m. They were not loud or boisterous, but I could hear them clearly and it kept me awake.
The continental breakfast the next morning was humiliatingly accessed through a steel door at the back of the restaurant across the parking lot. The door was locked until 7 or 8 a.m., I do not recall. I just knew I had to wait for it and wanted to get going. The breakfast was pathetic; basically small muffins, juice and coffee in a cafeteria setting.
So, paper thin walls, no insulation on the water pipes, robbery for having a pet, charging for parking in their open lot, getting a basement room and being humiliated at breakfast made for a sad end to my cross-country trip. (BTW, I think that that the name of the motel is a strange choice for a motel that has no view of the falls.)

Room Tip: Not in the basement!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo