“Beautiful”

Journey Behind the Falls
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited later in the afternoon around 5:00. The crowds had died down and we were able to enjoy the experience. ( Tip: I asked when it is the least crowded and was told 3:00 is the best) The rain slicker is just like you get if you take the boat tour. I would not be comfortable bringing my big camera on the Horn Blower boat, but this self guided walking tour, you don’t have to worry about your camera getting wet at all. I have to admit that at first I was a little disappointed... you get to stare at water rushing down, almost like you are looking through a tunnel. Yes, you can hear the falls, but not much to see... until you go out onto the viewing deck! Then you know why your are there! You get a very nice view of the side of the falls and a beautiful view of the falls in front of you. We happened to have a lovely rainbow. You really are very close and it is quite the experience! I suppose if the wind is blowing in the right direction you can get wet, but when we went, I don’t think we got a drop of water on us.

1  Thank Julestwo
Write a ReviewReviews (8,658)
All reviews
in 1,330 reviews
"openings"
in 243 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This would have been an ok tour (especially since the price isnt as high as some other 'trouristy' attractions) but the wait was horrendous!!!
You wait outside for a security check, then go through to a stairwell where you get to wait while people get their photos taken, then get to go into a cramped room and wait in a huge, packed croud to get your ponchos and ride the elevator down. This was made worse by the fact that the tour groups come in through a different enterence, and you have to wait for them too. We lined up at 12.15, and got in the elevator at 1:05 (50min)... and were back lining up to leave again at about 1:25 (20min)...

Once downstairs, the view from the bottom is kinda cool but the tunnels were a waste of time (two little portholes with a white-wash of water going over the end hole).

Lucklily the long line to the elivators back up went reasonably fast and at least its nice and cool down there.

Would be interesting for some but certainly not worth the wait for someone like myself.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There is a slipper set of paths through the rock to outlook points on the side and behind the falls. You should wear your panchos for this. There is a wait for the elevator to go back up. This is more of an experience that an adventure.

1  Thank egbggill
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was one of the best activities that we have done in niagara falls. The tunnels were full of ppl and it was pretty cool to go behind the falls but our favourite part of this was the platform at the bottom where you are really close to the falls.
We really enjoyed it and it was a once in a lifetime experience for my kids (AGES 9,8,8,6)

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As part of our Niagara Falls Adventure Pass, we got the Journey Behind the Falls. As a frequent visitor of the Falls, its something I did ages ago, but wasn't about to do the touristy attractions again....until we had a family member visiting from Hungary.

Definitely interesting to see the joy from someone who has never visited the Falls. I thought the attraction was OK. You get on the elevator and descend downwards, and then walk the tunnel to under the falls (nothing to see really) and then outside beside the falls. Yes, it is a beautiful sight, but gets a bit repetitive (for me at least) after the first minute. Our visitor was mesmerized though and could have hung out there forever. He took pictures galore and videos....and the smile never left his face.

Maybe I am too spoiled by being able to visit the falls whenever I want, and take it for granted. Looking back on the photos to upload for this review, I believe it is the case - they are beautiful.

The line up to get back onto the elevator was huge when we got off. Thankfully it was extremely short when we wanted to get back on. Whew!