“Great Service”

Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Kim and Ian Canada
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This motel is a jewel. A motor motel with beautiful rooms. Very clean. The owners go out of their way to make sure your stay is great. They offered to shuttle us to the falls (2.5 km away).at no charge. We would definetly stay here again. It is located in the beautiful town of Chippewa where there are some great little restaurants. Beautiful place for a scenic walk. Thank You Jolly and Sara(owners) for taking care of all of us

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Kimian_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com I like Hotels.com and their customer loyalty program. Now for this hotel. I booked the hotel with the payment to be made at the hotel on the day of the reservation. Of course to book the hotel I had to give a credit card. The credit card I use is a very safe card that I only use for internet purchases. In todays world that is life. So 26 hours before I was to check in they tried to charge my card for the room. I was not to pay for the room until I arrived at the hotel. My card was declined because I only use it for internet purchases and I hadn't loaded it up for this hotel as I was suppose to pay at the time of check in. The hotel called me. Actually the daughter of the owner called me and I told her that the deal with Hotels.com was that I pay when I arrive. She agreed and I told her I would be thereby 6pm the next day. The next day the day of the reservation the mother called me from another business they run and told me they canceled the reservation. WHY? Because they couldn't charge my card for the room. I told them they didn't ask for prepayment. I told her how the hotels.com agreement read and she said that's not how they do it. She was rude and told me she would call me back. She never did. I did. After I booked at another hotel that cost me over $80.00 more for the night. Then she said we still have a room for you. These people are worst business people I have ever dealt with. Even after accepting that they totally screwed me over they didn`t even want to say they were sorry. Why would anyone want to stay with such a horribly run motel. Thank you so much Niagara Parkway Court Motel for costing me $80.00 more dollars then I wanted to spend. You need to learn some customer service skills. AND if you are selling smokes and chips at another business don`t be handling the motel at the same time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank lazytraveller13
Amrit Jolly G, Owner at Niagara Parkway Court, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Sir,

In regards to your interactions with Niagara Parkway Court Motel, it appears that there has been further miscommunication if this is the way you recall our interactions. We informed you that we do not actually have any agreement with Hotels.com, and their offer was extended to you without our approval. All our interactions with them are through Expedia, a sister site. As standard practice, we charge cards as soon as the window to cancel has passed. This is for the same reason you have a card that you use specifically for online purchases: personal protection. Your card was declined, so your reservation was cancelled and the room was again available to be rented by others. Someone so concerned with security should be able to understand our stance on that. We can understand that you were frustrated by this, but your response has been both unproductive and retaliatory. That the room you eventually settled on was more expensive was not our doing, and assigning blame for it as you have done is in poor taste. Also, since you never did make it out to Chippewa your assessment of our rooms, cleaning, and sleep quality is speculative at best, though a more accurate word would be defamatory. The last little bit is really the cap on your juvenile behavior, though. In response we will say only this: Our personal lives are none of your concern. We wish you the best in the future and wish to offer you this advice: Something like Hotels.com’s no-charge reservations are the type of internet-only offer that is too good to be true without some large catch. If you are truly so concerned with security, it would behoove you to check with the hotels themselves prior to booking.

Have a good day.
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

In an area where value is hard to find this motel delivers. The room with one queen bed was clean and firm. The bathroom and kitchenette are dated but fine. Room had a large fridge, microwave, stove, couch and a lots of room. A very nice view of park out our window which was blocked by dated curtains. Door to a snow covered deck is locked and sealed with tape to block draft. No bugs and the room was dated but very clean. The owners were nice as we taked for a few minutes. Free wifi, no shuttle and breakfast is continental and included. We paid $58. The following night we went to a fallsview hotel for $200 a night. This is a pefect spot if you are looking to save money. You can walk to the falls from here it's a level hike but 3 or 4km. We arrived at 9pm and justed wanted to crash. Would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelinjack43
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Let me start that you get what you pay for. If you're looking a high rise hotel with a view of the falls, luxury rooms, spa, swimming pool, top of the line everything… then look somewhere else. You won't get that here. However, my husband and I booked this budget friendly motel for a weekend get-away before we have our first child. We paid roughly $200 for a stay from Thursday night through Monday morning and that was the biggest appeal. The following is an honest and accurate account of our experience here:

We arrived around 9:30-10 in the evening after a 4 hour drive. When we walked in the office, (I believe her hame was Amy) tended to us very quickly. Check in was a breeze; less than 5 minutes. Check out was just the same.

We stayed in room 102 on the main level. The room was pleasantly decorated. The furniture was more than the mass produced, commercial type; it appeared to be a bed set that anyone could have in their home. We had a single queen bed, 2 nightstands, a mirrored dresser, a coffee table and a love seat. The room was lit with 4 lamps that could have been better; it was slightly dark in our room. The only major complaint we had about the room was the bed. We both have back issues and woke up with a sore back every morning. The mattress was very uncomfortable; it was very firm.

The room, as advertised, had a mini fridge and a microwave. It also included a coffee pot, plates and bowls, glasses/coffee mugs, silverware and dish soap/towel. There was also additional cupboard space to utilize for storage. While we didn't use the dishes and the coffee pot, we take advantage of the fridge. We brought drinks and munchies with us to help save money and the fridge came in handy.

The bathroom was traditional - sink, mirror, shower/tub combo and toilet. It was clean. Upon arrival the toilet had a sticker across the lid stating that it was sanitized. It also included a hair dryer, bar soap, shampoo/conditioner and a shower cap. The shower was clean and the water pressure was great. The first night I took a long hot shower and the water temperature dropped before I finished. I didn't see this as a problem I just shortened the shower and turned the water temperature down.

They provided us with clean towels, hand towels and washcloths. Unfortunately, the towels were small. If you like to use a bath sheet bring your own towel. The only other complaint I had with the towels was when we initially arrived we had 3 towels. When they cleaned our room, they changed the towels but only left us 2. I use 2 towels myself. So some extra towels would've been nice.

Our room did not have carpet in it which was actually kind of nice because we tracked in a lot of snow and ice. Unfortunately, the floor was extremely cold after you got out of the shower or up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. (This was something I did a few times each night as I am pregnant!)

The temperature of the room was on the cooler side so we had to crank the thermostat up. But we actually like to the room cooler when we sleep so it wasn't an issue.

We did not take advantage of the free transportation that was advertised because we enjoyed being able to go where we wanted, when we wanted.

The advertised free breakfast was okay. It consisted mostly of pastries/ muffins. They did provide bread and bagels to toast with a variety of jams, jellies and cream cheese. They also had a choice of 4 cereals but were more "kid friendly" sugary cereals. Twice, they provided frozen waffles and syrup. The only protein they served daily was hard boiled eggs - no breakfast meats. Finally they had a nice variety of juices, milk and coffee.

Other reviewers mentioned the distance to the falls. The motel is a 5 minute drive to the Falls and tourist attractions. Initially I was concerned with this but it was actually a beautiful drive down along the river. You pass the ice dam, the power plants, Dufferin Park and plenty of beautiful sights to see.

They advertise as having free WiFi and we never had any issues with it.

This is definitely not a luxurious 5 star hotel in the middle of the action, but they never claimed to be!

I'd have no problem staying here again except for the uncomfortable mattress.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank 332Brittany
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a clean and serviceable motel - good value for money. Was a bit worried about the Emergency manuals being locked in a box in the foyer - funny! Can imagine the scramble to find the key in an emergency!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Toscanic
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The price was great and the room was clean and well stocked. The owner offered a free shuttle to the falls (which are very close by) and even gave us some of their homemade black bean soup. The breakfast had a lot of options. The service itself was above and beyond! Such great people running the place! We will stay there again whenever we come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank K R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I found Niagara Parkway Court Motel while roadtripping. We were on a budget and saw that the rates were affordable and the reviews were excellent. It was better than we expected. The location is convenient and there is a shuttle service. Jolly the owner will cordially drive you to the Falls and pick you up when you are finished sightseeing. We were only going to spend one night, but stayed two nights because we had such a nice experience, the continental breakfast is better than you would expect from a motel. There were hardboiled eggs, bagels, pastries, and a variety of cereals and juices to choose from. The rooms were nice, clean, and smelled fresh. The shower pressure is magnificent too. we had everything we needed and more, and the quality of the rooms and service were better than we would have expected if we were paying twice as much for a room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple