Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Decent”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Upon check-in the gentleman at the desk was not exactly friendly. He wasn't rude, but you certainly didn't feel welcome! Since the time of booking, parking policies had changed and they now charge for parking. He wanted to charge me but in the end didn't. I chose a smoking room for my friend but won't do that again!! It reeked so bad that even my smoker friend was disgusted. They do have an indoor and outdoor pool to choose from which is nice but didn't have time to make use of. Motel is very close to Clifton Hill and Niagara Casino as well as WeGo transit. Will I stay again? Maybe....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your review and hope you will return soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed a few nights here in 2007, and found it well serviced with no pretensions. Breakfast was a light affair but there was no shortage of eat as much as you want establishments nearby. Oh and the falls were pretty good too and a trip on the Maid of the Mist is a must. hang on to your plastic mac too as mine has proved to be very handy on several occasions.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
South Fork, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

For the money you cannot beat this inn. The room was clean and fresh smelling. There was no musty smell to the air conditioner like we found in other motels. We walked down to the falls and the other attractions. There were two swimming pools and a nice light complimentary breakfast in the morning. We even had a hot tub in the room which was great. Staff was very friendly and I know if coming to this area again, we will book the same place. Great find.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne L
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is greatly appreciated. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again.
Jackson
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Overpriced, and added $50 deposit....on my card. Makes me nervous, I will dispute it if I see it on my Visa bill.

Tub & floors were dirty.

Very basic room. TV only has 25 channels, 10-15 that actually work.

Don't expect cartoon channels if you have children, and don't ask for the cheesy heart-shaped tub...couples-only, even if you're willing to pay.

Staff was probably nice. Being used to Southern Hospitality, everyone up here just seems rude, so I'll let the next guest judge that.

112, 212, & 312 face the sunrise. For a morning person, it's great. Bright by 5:30 am. If you're not a morning person, ask for any other room...especially the building with the lobby. The sun peeks through the blinds no matter how you close them.

The price is the big turn-off for me.
It should be $20 cheaper (even for the location) if they want better reviews.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank SingleMama3
I am sorry you were not impressed with your stay with us. Unfortunately when you visit Niagara Falls in the summer you pay a premium to stay as it is the busy season. Our Jacuzzi suites only have one bed, and therefore are reserved for couples, there is also a safety concern for children in these tubs. I am sorry that you had issues with the cleanliness of the room, I hope that you told our front desk about this so that it could be rectified the moment you notice any problems. We can't fix problems that we are not aware of.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Spent 5 days in the two room suite with my husband, and 3 children.
The service was excellent here, the staff is super friendly. The hotel is a 2 minute walk away from all activities for the children, restaurants, and gift shops. From our balcony we were able to watch the fireworks that go off on Fridays and Sundays at 10pm. They also have a continental breakfast in the morning which was great. it was an amazing trip to Niagara Falls, and an amazing stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashley E
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we hope you stay with us again.
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2014

5 days with wife, 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. Stayed in 2 room suite and very pleased with accommodations and staff service. Great balcony for viewing sunrises and fireworks. Location away from crowded area and great for walking to all activities. Would like to see more variety with continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Johng1438
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again.
Erie,PA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Found this hotel from a Niagara Falls website. reservation was made though Niagara Central Reservations. No problem with hotel as we found it convenient to all attractions and within walking distant to them as well as many restaurants and gift shops. Staff very friendly, rooms very clean, no problems with hotel and will recommend it to all my friends. My complaint is with the reservation company called Niagara Central Reservation. When I did the reservation and confirmed I noticed that I had in error booked a smoking room. Tried to make a change and could not find what they said was a modify button. Couldn't cancel because it was within three day of the stay. Tried sending email through the "help" button. no response. Tried another email though another help with no response. The website also states that a confirmation will be sent within 24 hrs. Never got one to this day. My option was to call the hotel direct to make the change from a smoking to a non smoking room, which was handled with no problems from the girl at the hotel. Was very polite and even though they hadn't received their confirmation from this company made a note to change to the room type I wanted. They call me back with 1/2 hr and had everything straightened out. So again no problem with the hotel direct but with the third party reservation company.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ODAerie
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that we were able to assist you despite problems with the booking engine.