DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 December 2013

i came here for a coupes getaway and my hubbys birthday we checked in the hotel looked awesome coming in the so called warm cookies were hard as a rock unedible that was first bad sign , next we went into our room it was poorly lit most of the lamps barely worked , the cleaning staff obviously take shortcuts found used Kleenex in the desk drawer and around the whirlpool dust seemed to be a dirt film so we tried to look past that and explore the hotel all the vending machines except lower level take credit cards so that means if you want to use change you gotta go all the way to bottom floor just for a snack also no free local calls cost you a buck a call both these things completely were unacceptable to me what am I paying for, later that night we decide to try whirlpool tub at first jets shot out some old flower petals and some dirt first sign tub wasn't cleaned right so we emptied and refilled it hoping it was cleaner after all I paid extra for whirlpool room so after using whirlpool we were itchy and rashed all night and next day totally awful then at bedtime we realized the whole hotel uses feather pillows so we asked for alternative and were dropped off one foam pillow that smelled like gym socks also the sheets and duvet had blood stains all over them very gross also duvet was also feather we cant use feather but didn't want to ask for another stinky alternative, upon check out I was not asked how my stay was instead was rushed through and barely talked to overall I will never be back again I left feeling rashed itchy and dirty came home had a shower and thoroughly washed all my stuff still a bit rashed as well

Room Tip: the view on 18th floor is awesome but the problems are not worth the price
2  Thank crystal2422
DoubletreeNiagara, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We're sorry to hear that we didn't provide you with the rewarding experience you deserved during your recent stay. Due to overwhelming postiive resonse from guests, Hilton Family of hotels all feature down blankets and pillows. Upon request, in advance via our prior to your arrival tab on the email confirmation or while at the hotel, the hotel can provide non-feather blankets and pillows. We know how important a good night's rest is while travelling and we regret this was not your experience.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night. It was a very pleasant experience. We upgraded to a suite for an extra 20 bucks, $129 per night plus tax..Great corner room with partial falls view. Comfortable and clean beds. Meet all my expectations.

Only one minor complaint.. There is a $12 parking fee ( $14 with tax). There are other similar category hotels in the area like the Holiday Inn with free parking.. Not a big deal but just a thought..

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Nirmalya M
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

When visiting Niagara Falls, we booked this hotel for one night via booking.com for CAD119. It's only a ten minute walk from the Falls & Clifton Street, but it is a very quiet street with almost no traffic. Parking is on site, costs CAD12 per day (Niagara Falls standard prices) and there's plenty of it. Our arrival was 1h30 before checkin, but the helpful and polite lady at the desk checked us right in, with complimentary cookies! She was also keen to answer all our questions about the area, providing maps and coupons. Our room was on the tenth floor and was advertised as "river view", which we had (No Falls view). Spacious and clean, just perfect. Bathroom seemed brand new, plenty of towels. The baby bed we asked for arrived 15 minutes later. The pool area is not very big, but perfect for a quick swim after a long day of walking around. Clean and modern equipment. We didn't have breakfast included, but the possibilities in town are endless. We liked the hotel so much, and decided to stay another night. The lady at the front desk offered a room at the same rate, but this one had Falls view, which we really enjoyed especially at night.
I find it hard to find a negative point here, and would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RoelR
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed on the 18th floor which has great view of the falls. Room was clean, unfortunately heating cooling system did not work well and room was far too hot, also fridge was not working. No bath robes which would have been a nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Leonard W
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We had a 2 day stay at the hotel just before Christmas. Checkin was easy. The falls view room is directly in front of Americal Falls. Location is nice as all attractions are within walking distance. Staff was very nice and pleasant to talk to. Reception area ambience is nice. Rooms were nice with good quality linen. Our bathroom exhaust cover was a bit wobbly but it was just a minor nusance. Breakfast was really nice however, they just provide you with $7 worth of coupons per guest to be applied against any item on the menu. So, you may end up paying despite breakfast being included in your package. Another odd thing i found was that the hotel will charge you an extra $100 on your card as a deposit for any incidental expense. They say it will be refunded within 5 businessd days. Other than that, i would say it is a good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I checked out on 23rd Dec from the hotel with not so good memories. From a comfort perspective, the experience was good but yesterday, my bag containing perfumes and cosmetics went missing from the room. I was away from the morning on one of the days and was back at in the evening when I realized that my bag of cosmetics and perfumes was missing. I reported the same to front desk but was informed that since housekeeping and Lost/Found was closed for the day, I need to check next day morning. In the morning the next day I was told that the items were not in List/Found. What I couldn't understand is that I did not report the missing due to my negligence but from my room itself when I was away. How could it possibly land in Lost/Found? Secondly, there were no valuables in it and I couldn't not carry my perfumes and cosmetics in my pocket for the fear of them getting robbed. All that the front desk informed me was that the hotel is sorry about it. That's it. In short, it means the hotels trusts their housekeeping 100% and not even 1% their guests.
Sorry but I am not going to recommend this hotel to anyone now nor am I going to come back to stay here again. I want to suggest people to carry their luggage out with them every time they leave the room.
I had checked in with my two other friends and their families. And one of the friend also reported his watch missing the same day; all three families left the room day day same time for Niagara Falls Water park and were back 7PM in the evening. This couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Also being a popular hotel, the staff could have very well extended the courtesy to offer some compensation (not necessarily monetory but in some way) but all that came back was a SORRY.
This was my first stay (and certainly last) stay at Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 809vishalp
DTFallsview, Manager at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the situation quickly. I was very disturbed to hear of your situation, and assure you this matter has been investigated internally with no foul play found. The incident is not typical of our hotel or staff. Our hotel staff are known to bring all articles found in the rooms to the manager on duty and have even reported large tips to management as they do not want to take something they are not sure was left for them. Upon hearing of your concerns the front desk left a message for the housekeeping team to investigate upon their arrival the next morning as they had already left for that day. The executive housekeeper and her team checked the garbages, laundry, lost and found and even read the lock events from your rooms to be certain that nobody else was able to enter your rooms. Nothing. We have had incidents in the past where the guest then finds the item in one of their other guestrooms or realize the item was in another location, or even at home after the fact. I hope by this time you have found your lost item, but as well, the hotel has your contact information on file and will keep looking.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I were blown away by the warm reception and the 'lodge' feeling of the lobby. We also enjoyed the salt water pool and hot tub. The view from the Hilton Honors 15th floor was phenomenal! We will go here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton