On the way home from a recent vacation, we went through Ontario because it is a shorter route back to Michigan than staying in the United States. We have been to Niagara Falls before but it was a good place to stop and the falls never get old, so we stayed in Niagara.
I thought my daughters would enjoy a falls view room so I splurged and spent extra to get a falls view room. Based on previous visits, I knew some hotels have better views than others but I could not remember exactly what view the DoubleTree would have. As it turns out, the view was okay from our 17th floor room but not as good as I had hoped. The view is okay for American Falls but almost non-existent for Horseshoe Falls. We were only in Niagara briefly for this visit so I did not have a lot of time to speculate what other hotels would offer a better view but I suspect the Embassy Suites would make a good choice. Either hotel will offer a good view of the summer fireworks displays done above the falls.
Would we stay here again? It depends on whether or not the view was important. If we want a good view, I will check out the Embassy Suites. If a room view is not important, I would consider the DoubleTree. We have also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in nearby St. Catharines. Unlike Niagara which can take on a circus type atmosphere because of the "tourist trap" attractions, St. Catharines is a really nice town. If you want to go swimming in Lake Ontario, check out Lakeside Park beach in St. Catharines.
By the way, another review mentioned staying on the 39th floor of the DoubleTree. The DoubleTree only has 19 floors so that was a typo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing, secure environment removed from-but still close to-the high energy pace of exciting attractions, the American and Canadian Falls (two short blocks) and the Fallsview Casino and Entertainment Complex (400 yards). Convenient on-site parking. Referencing the natural elegance of the Frank Lloyd Wright era and the rustic timeless architecture of a Grand National Park Lodge. Four diamond AAA/CAA award winner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort And Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort & Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Hotel By