“Beautiful and roomy for a family.”

DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huron Cty.
“Beautiful and roomy for a family.”
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We chose the Doubletree Resort due to pleasant experiences at another Doubletree hotel. This one exceeded our expectations. Easy to navigate to compared to other hotels in other cities. We also wanted a quiet hotel for ending our three day two night vacation after Great Wolf Lodge. We have three children (8 mths to 5 yrs) so we wanted a suite. We reserved and received a 2 Queen 2 Room suite River view.
Upon arrival the staff was great and offered many suggestions for our brief stay (one night). One recommendation we should have taken was to ask the front desk staff where to eat dinner since it was over $80 for our family to eat at a local chain restaurant (no liquor, desert, or appetizers purchased). It is expensive to eat near Clifton Hills - from our experience. Parking was good and had the regular $10 fee - but it was in the off-season so we parked "really close' to the hotel.
Upon entering the lobby we were amazed with the quiet atmosphere. It was in the off-season so it was exceptionally quiet in the room also. Amazing view of the south, east, and west since the room was on the end of the hotel (10th floor). Lots of room for the three children (including playpen offered by the hotel). We used the fridge since we packed food for breakfast and lunch. Even when we ate breakfast in the 2nd room we did not feel "cramped". We have paid much more for smaller hotel rooms in other cities. For the cost - great value just for the room. Other services were a bonus - the front desk lady got me access to the Business Centre for me to use the internet late at night (use it after the UPS Store closes) and the pool and hot tub were appreciated by the rest of my family.
Even the maintenance guys washing the windows in the morning entertained our 3 yr old while we were packing to leave. Good service, great attitude, clean, beautiful location & property. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank farmguyHuronCty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Booked the hotel based on the proximity to the Falls and splashed out on suite overlooking the falls. The view of the falls is good enough, Niagra itself is a bit of a dump. The extra money is worth it - you can sleep with curtains open overlooking the lights on the falls. The room was adaquate, probably needs a bit of an update. But its grand size and pretty comfortable. The air-con is a must and does make a strange nose. Its lovely view is obhivoulsy the main selling point of the entire property. My main criticisim is the hotel pushing you out of the room. You get calls every 2-3 mins around checkout time. think it was a bit overkill, but i understand they have to turn the rooms over. Another small critisim - when we were there the lifts were out of use. Had to use the old smelly house keeping lift. I know lifts need servicing but that is not the guests problem. Should really have been done out of hours. Plus i disliked having to pay for parking even though we were guests. This really should be included in the rate. But overall a good hotel in a strange place.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I booked this hotel through priceline and got a very good deal. When I arrived I was offered an upgrade which I negotiated down and I was booked on the 18th floor with a jacuzzi. Traveling solo I didn't care about the jacuzzi but I negotiated a great upgrade price. The view from the room was fantastic. The room voerlooked the falls and it was fantastic.

I said one complaitn but I actually have two:

1) This is minor but annoying. The vending machines for drinks (except the ones in the basement) only take credit cards. No cash or coins. But the card reader didn't work. Went to three different floors and each time it didn't work. I was thristy and all I wanted was a drink! I know it's minor but it's lame to have machines only take credit cards for a two dollar transaction.

2) So the room is great. The jacuzzi tub was nice but the showers are absolutely tiny. They are the plastic molded type showers and it was really tight in there. I am 5'6" and weigh 150 pounds so if it was uncomfortable for me, I can only imagine what it would be like for someone just a tad overweight.

So other than that it's a nice hotel. Crossing the border was a hassle but that's because I had California plates. But the hotels on the Ontario side were much cheaper for a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank bck62976
DTNiagara, Rooms Division Manager at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 30 March 2009
Hotel unaware of any card swipe issues, sales activity ongoing. By notice of this posting, checking all card swipes. Hotels are more and more moving towards cashless vending machines. Our hotel was a test hotel and now it is being implemented by Coke world wide. Another route which is what the Embassy Suites is doing is to have tokens which you buy via your in-room min-bar. At the Doubletree all rooms have a mini-fridge but it is not stocked, we find most guests prefer to put in their own items. The positive result of cashless is that it keeps away the thugs that break into vending machines, ultimately making it a safer environment for all. The Doubletree does have a pantry whcih requires a key card for access and it allows for cash payment on beverages or snacks, it also has a microwave and is accessible by hotel guests 24/7. Beverages can also be purchased from the gift shop, or take out from the lobby Starbucks.
québec
Reviewed 16 March 2009

After booking in another hotel(much cheaper), looking at that room and running away...we went to the Doubletree. Yeah, nice room, last floor with jacuzzi, great views and really comfy bed, we were happy to pay the difference. Loved the service, not knowing we couldn't get wine on a sunday night, staff was very helpful....It was a first for us also, vending machines take credit cards only...and the extra rates for parking ....could have done without, should be included. But LOVED the bed...

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tryin2
San Jose, California
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I'm a HH member so I chose this hotel out of many choices in the area and I'm glad I did. We got a king room with whirlpool / US fall view. Everything about the room was excellent. The concierge staff was very helpful, and the front desk was very kind. Very well-trained and accommodating. The location's a bit apart from other big hotels but we could walk to everywhere without any problems. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jessphi
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I booked this hotel through Priceline for one night on the town/romantic stay with my wife. I used the name my own price feature, so I didn't choose this hotel ahead of time, but I had driven by it before so knew it's location, size, etc ahead of time.

I have stayed in several hotels before, including the Embassy Suites down the street, but this is one of the nicest I have stayed at, especially for the price. The lobby is impressive, and the staff was very welcoming upon check in. They were able to upgrade me to a King Jacuzzi for an extra $45, which was still a great deal. Parking is $10 extra, but they allowed us to park our two cars for only $10 total, and I've seen steeper prices at other area hotels.

The room was absolutely immaculate. Not a speck of dust anywhere, and my wife is usually good at finding what the cleaning staff missed. The view from the 19th floor is great, but not as breathtaking as the hotels right by the falls. Can't see the Canadian Falls, but we had a full view of the American.

The quality of the room and staff at that price definately outweigh the fact that it is a little further to get anywhere. We took a cab for $6 to Clifton Hill, and could have walked the route in 15 minutes if the weather was nicer.

I think I have found my new favourite hotel in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tbstraveller
toronto
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I actually discovered this hotel a year prior while walking to a nearby 7 eleven. I was impressed by the exterior of the hotel with its stone walls and the overall architecture. Since then, I've always planned to stay in this hotel after my bad experience that time with another hotel. When the opportunity came during the long Family Day Weekend, it was really too hard to pass. We stayed for a night and it was truly worth the price. The expanse of its timber and stone architecture in the lobby was calming and cozy. there were no heavy traffic or commotion of guests unlike those of tall towered hotel. upstairs, the rooms were all on one side of the hallway. on the other side were just windows with views of the city and thought that a long sunlit hallway was unique. the room was bigger than where we stayed last (another hotel) and was very clean. the beds were comfortable, the shower room was clean and ready, and the tv line-up was decent. it also had a clean fridge which is a plus. the soundproofing of the room was good enough considering that we only heard faint muffled sounds of our neighbours at the height of family day weekend with kids and families abound. the gym had nice equipment and had this biggest framed mirror that I've ever seen. that room was also clean and ready. their pool was decent enough with a mini lap pool (was quite full of guests in the afternoon). I heard they had a great spa but I didn't had the time to check it. they also have an art exhibition, a great steakhouse upstairs, and a nice coffee place by the lobby. checking in and out was pretty fast with the concierge attentive and knowledgeable. this hotel was a place to unwind and relax away from all the chaos and traffic of tourists yet still close when you want to go to the attractions like the falls and the casino. I was very satisfied with the comfort and value of this stay. if they will continue to offer great rates like the one I had, I would have no reason at all to experiment with any other hotels in Niagara. For me, this is the ultimate place to stay in Niagara.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family