“My favourite by far Bed and Breakfast”

Villa Alexandrea Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I started staying at this Bed and Breakfast from 2008 and have continued to stay here. Maria is simply the best, her breakfasts are simply amazing, meeting new guests from all over the world is the best. I hate the hotels in niagara, though they are still nice and u see the falls, you will be expect to pay $300 plus. I have stayed in all the rooms tha Villa Alexander has to offer, but my favourite is the largest room called the Gorge View Room with King size bed and jacuzzi tub. Maria is considered part of our extended family, so when we get the chance to visit Niagara Falls......her place is the one we stay at.

Short 10 min walk to the falls area, my car stays parked for the duration of our trip. We hop on the People Mover for a discounted rate, and it's worth it. It takes u to all the major attractions, Clifton Hill.....save money on parking which isn't cheap.....$20 for the day.

It's beautiful any season staying at Maria's.......you will be happy with this B & B.... It's a 10 star rating in our books.....

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. I've never been to B&B before. But the prices at NF hotels forced me to look for smth cheaper.Beautiful, cozy and quiet villa. Maria made very delicious breakfasts. Oh..those pancakes with strawberry!)) It's not that far from the falls but in a peaceful and quiet area. The only thing there is no WiFi, but we were so close to the American border so that we could use internet in our cellphones without of roaming.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first experience staying at a B&B as well as visit to Canada. Maria is such a loving, caring and very helpful owner. She took extra care of each one of her guest, making you feel right at home. I traveled alone but certainly didn't feel like I was set apart. From the moment she opened the door, her wonderful sweet spirit and welcoming attitude certainly beats a hotel front desk agent. I had the cutest room, which was at the end of the hall. Although it was next to the door to exit to the parking lot, the guest foot traffic was not loud at all. She has some really cute rooms and if you can get the room with the jacuzzi tube, bonus!!!!

Maria, was very helpful with suggestions on activities. The walk to Niagara Falls was really about 10 minutes away. You are really very close to all the tourist options, just up Clifton Hill. I felt very safe walking even at night.

Maria's breakfast are delicious and filling. I promise you won't walk away hungry and if you don't like something, she will get what you want. I felt very special and extremely pleased with her hospitality. You really would never get this kind of service at a hotel and I must say, the price was just as sweet!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I wanted a quiet place out of the tourist strip and this place is perfect. It's close enough to walk but we had a car. The room was very clean and spacious. It was a little warmer than we prefer, since we sleep in a very cold room at home ...all in all I recommend this place. It's comfortable and the breakfast was a delight!

Room Tip: The King Jacuzzi room is lovely
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in late May, and it was a great start to our honeymoon. It was only a short walk from the B&B to the falls, and the accommodation was fantastic. Maria made us feel very welcome, and showed us exactly how to start the day with her fantastic breakfasts! We would definitely go again, and recommend it to everyone else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

we spent 6 nights at this bed and breakfast and found it very welcoming, maria was fantastic, breakfast was great.only a short walk to the falls, maria was also very helpful in recommending restaurants which were very good, we would highly recommend villa alexandrea.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Just outside the dense downtown falls area is this great little villa with an absolutely charming host. You'll go back again just to stay with Maria. What a breakfast! Enjoyed the company of her other guests and it was just a flew blocks walk till you are right there in the midst of everything. Or you can turn left and drive right to the Botanical Gardens and on to Niagara on the Lake with it's two forts for the guys and dozens of shops for the ladies.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple