“Perfect place to stay in Niagara Falls!”

Villa Alexandrea Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect place to stay in Niagara Falls!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at Villa Alexandria June 6-8, 2014 with my boyfriend and friends of ours (Also a couple). It was easy to find, great location on the river parkway, walking distance to falls. Room was clean and had what we needed. Bed was super comfy!! Maria was amazing, accommodating and her breakfasts were AMAZING!! French toast, eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, juice, coffee. I mean you can't buy a breakfast of this quality for under $15. Definitely the place to stay. She has a nice area outside of the B&B with benches, chairs, table where we were able to sit and have a drink before dinner and lookout on the water. House is pretty cool too, great size - not too small and not large like a hotel. You will not be disappointed by staying here. Honestly don't waste time looking at other places! I rarely write reviews because I just don't have time, but I had to for Maria and her b&b cause it was that good!!!

Thanks again Maria!
Cheers,
Rita

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

You will not be sorry if you stay at Villa Alendrea! First, the location cannot be beat. It's an easy walk to the Falls, but it's also situated just far enough away from the madness of Niagara! We rented a car and drove to the falls, where we easily found parking by driving up (away from the falls) and parking in the lot that serves the movie theater and several outlet stores. Alexandrea is also near to Niagara on the LAke. We hadn't planned on visiting there, but decided to go, on a whim. Thank goodness we did! We loved it so much, we went back the next day!
Aside from location, Maria, the hostess, is fabulous. Her cooking is wonderful, and her breakfasts were the perfect beginning to our days (you could not eat again until dinner and be fine!). She was so was warm and inviting, it just felt very comfortable to be there.
The rooms were a touch on the small side, and slightly dated, but given all the positives, we were extremely pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a short mid week trip to Niagara Falls. We had never stayed at a B &B before, so I was a bit worried of what we would encounter. We were both happy we did. Maria is an excellent host. Breakfast? You mean dinner!!! The breakfast was awesome! She sent us on our way every day very happy. And my wife loved her coffee. The room was very nice. It is a short walk to the falls, although we drove and parked a bit closer. Highly recommended. Thank you Maria!

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Home away from home doesn't do Villa Alexandrea justice; when we walked in the door we felt like family, not customers. Maria is genuine and a wonderful cook who really cares about providing a delicious breakfast as well as your well being during your stay.

Located in the quiet part of town but only a 10 min walk to Clifton Hill and the falls. The house is beautiful and very comfortable. One added bonus about the location is that you are right across the river from the USA so if you have a phone from there, you will get US cell service (it worked with both our AT&T and Sprint phones with full 4G).

I can't say enough about this place other than to book early; I'm sure glad I did.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room a the front of the house and loved it.
Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I visited Niagara Falls as our one-year anniversary trip. If you're looking for something a little more authentic than the super touristy hotels in Niagara, we would recommend a B&B. If you're into B&B's this one is beautiful. The host is very nice. It's best to let her know your schedule in advance, if you have one. If she has a full house she may give you a time for breakfast. We didn't have too much of a schedule so that worked out fine for us. The breakfast was HUGE and SO good. We've stayed at B&B's in the states before and this one blew them all away. She has SO many brochures and travel guides to recommend options for you. Free bottled water in the fridge upstairs was a nice touch. The property is an easy walk or drive into the main parts of Niagara. My husband had a broken foot, otherwise we would have walked everywhere. The location is right on the water and a pretty walk, should you choose to do so. Most B&B's we've stayed in have been more privately located, but this was still a quiet and peaceful area. There are several B&B's on this strip, but I think this property was a wonderful value and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I started staying at this Bed and Breakfast from 2008 and have continued to stay here. Maria is simply the best, her breakfasts are simply amazing, meeting new guests from all over the world is the best. I hate the hotels in niagara, though they are still nice and u see the falls, you will be expect to pay $300 plus. I have stayed in all the rooms tha Villa Alexander has to offer, but my favourite is the largest room called the Gorge View Room with King size bed and jacuzzi tub. Maria is considered part of our extended family, so when we get the chance to visit Niagara Falls......her place is the one we stay at.

Short 10 min walk to the falls area, my car stays parked for the duration of our trip. We hop on the People Mover for a discounted rate, and it's worth it. It takes u to all the major attractions, Clifton Hill.....save money on parking which isn't cheap.....$20 for the day.

It's beautiful any season staying at Maria's.......you will be happy with this B & B.... It's a 10 star rating in our books.....

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. I've never been to B&B before. But the prices at NF hotels forced me to look for smth cheaper.Beautiful, cozy and quiet villa. Maria made very delicious breakfasts. Oh..those pancakes with strawberry!)) It's not that far from the falls but in a peaceful and quiet area. The only thing there is no WiFi, but we were so close to the American border so that we could use internet in our cellphones without of roaming.