“Both good and bad”

Victoria Motor Inn at the Falls and Casino
Ranked #72 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were two families so we booked two rooms. One was good and clean (room 11). The other room (10) was horrible. Everything in the room smelled of smoke. It was so bad that the next day our hair and clothes reeked smoke. If you call to book, make sure to ask for a smell free room. They were fully booked so they could not change our room.
The location is great. Close to everything. We were very happy with the location.
In general, it was an OK place for the price paid. But we would not stay for another night. I would recommend it to people who are not too fussy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank m_ghafoori

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here one night, being that it was a Saturday and most all other hotels were outrageous in price. It was pretty much all that I expected. The location was good, but being so close to Clifton Hill it was very noisy all through the night, I mean until 5:30 a.m.

The room was spacious and I didn't want to look too hard to notice if it was clean or not. I would say about 80% of amenities did not work: light fixture busted, plugs didn't work, remote control, bathroom fan falling down, AC unit jimmied up, etc. There is no phone in the room to call the front desk, so you have to walk there any time you need something. For example, we needed ice. We had to have the gentleman at the desk get it for us (a couple of times).

Good things: the bathroom was clean, free Wi-Fi that worked and that's pretty much it.

All in all, I've seen a lot better in NF but I've also seen a lot worse. I prefer staying at Inn at the Falls MUCH better and it is usually the same average price. I'll go back to staying there.

Room Tip: Try and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Love2Vaca
Reviewed 23 August 2013

When in Niagara Falls we park the car and walk everywhere. Since we dont spend a lot of time in the room , we only need bed. Great service from the whole family, easy to appoarch. There is nothing bad about this place

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendi O
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This Inn is perfectly located in the heart of all the tourist activities in Niagara Falls. A short walk to the Maid of the Mist, Ripley's museum, restaurants....etc..The rooms are plain, basic cable T.V., no fridge, no phone, air conditioner was too loud to keep on all night.
If you are on the cheap, this offered a good deal for the location.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and try for a room on with a street view for the fireworks
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife & I took the kids here in June 2013 & I was a bit unsure after reading reviews. We would normally stay at The Hilton, Embassy Suites, Sheraton or such but we seen a deal for this & got 2 nights for $89 which included various vouchers. When we arrived we were early & they had a room for us & to be honest, it was just what we expected & I mean that in a good way. This place is well worth the money. You are literally 1min walk to Clifton hill & if you go out the back way you are 1-2mins walk from the Greg Frewin theatre. What more could you ask for?. We normally pay $200+ for The Hilton & it is far from everything & means a lot of walking for the kids. At the Victoria Motor Inn we could stay 5 nights for the same price!. Obviously this is what we took into consideration when we were to judge the place. The verdict- this place is well worth the money, it is (I think) a family run motel & they are very helpful. Seriously, where could you stay for that price next to everything?. When we were there we seen a few families staying there & their kids seemed to be enjoying it too in the pool. Give it a try, even if it is for 1 night just remember what you are getting for the price. We slept well, everything overall was average but why expect more. Buffet breakfast is a couple of steps away & only 7.99 at Montanas We will go back there

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank jazzee01
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I'd reserved online and requested a fridge for 2 nights. When we arrived, the fridge wasn't in the room yet!.....they had it in a different room UPSTAIRS, but also, i'd reserved a room on the GROUND floor, i'd called ahead a week in advance to confirm that I was getting a ground floor. It sure wasn't your standard room size fridge it was more like a cooler. I'd spoken to someone before we'd arrived about the parking and fridge for the 2 nights and I was told fridge is $10/night and parking was $5/ wkday and $10/wkend...when I got there (Monday), the parking was not the $5 but instead $10. When we got to the room, we'd asked for another chair, the guy said "sure"...it never came. No phone, no clock, no shampoo/cndtnr, a nail pointing upwards was found (looked like it came off a piece of furniture) thank goodness we kept our shoes on. Not much of a front office as well, it's less than 1/2 the size of our room (2 dbl bed). The ONLY positive thing, it is walking distance to everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiss6996
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed there for one night over the weekend - we didn't really spend much time in the hotel. It looked clean/nice at first glance, but if you gave it a stare, things seemed a bit dirty and old. It was okay for one night - definitely felt a bit ripped off for having to pay for parking, on top of having to pay for the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends