“Worst experience EVER!”
Review of A-1 Motel

A-1 Motel
Ranked #90 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. Not only was the carpet stained, the sheets were stained, the curtains were falling off the windows, there was hair in the sink and tub, mold around the tub, and the lamp shade duct taped to the lamp, the service was HORRIBLE. We went and complained immediately after checking in and at first they refused to refund (we went in the summer and so they took the first night's room and tax immediately after booking). Finally they agreed to refund us one night but would keep our deposit from when we initially booked. Since this hotel is cheap, we ate the charge and went to the Holiday Inn right up the hill from the Falls, where we showered and threw the clothes we were wearing in the A1 into plastic bags (I almost considered throwing them away completely - that is how disgusting this hotel was). I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and those of you rating this place as amazing were obviously either high or drunk when staying here because no person in their right mind would ever rate this place as fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Erin H

Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband, mother and sister booked two rooms and paid for 5 nights in advance. That was a mistake. There was a sign at the desk that read no refunds after check in. Now I understand why. The room was dirty. The bathroom was gross. The whole motel needs to be renovated. When we checked out I commented to the owner that I learned two valuable lessons; never pay in advance and always check the room first.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank jeannette d
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The bedding was clean but everything else was pitiful.........the door barely opened and once inside the horrors were endless.....bathtub had no enamel and a poor attempt to paint it white had been done.......the toilet refused to flush completely........took 3 tries. The bathroom door would not stay closed or open. The remote did not work for the 13"tv that was there. The rooms was big enough for the bed, a night stand and the desk.....the chair would not fit so it was by the window. There was no coffee maker, no kettle, no ice, no phone, no phone book, no nothing. There are permanent residents there that rent the rooms on a full time basis.......and they are scary at best. The noise from the adjoining year round rented room made sleeping nearly impossible and I was almost coma bound when I walked in. The photos must have been taken 50yrs ago when the place looked newer and was kept up. Payment is expected upon check in before you get a key to look at the room. I stayed only because I was too tired to drive home but I wish I had slept in my car. I would have felt less like a cave dweller taking a sleep at the city dump.

Room Tip: just don't rent here........go to the comfort in or any place that has a vacancy but ask to see...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed 29 May 2012

False advertising... The pool wasn't up and running when we were there. The pics are much better than it looks. The showers are gross, I'd never let a child take a bath in there. There ar no clocks or phones in rm. Our room smelled like weed. The sheets were stained. NO ice machines, you do not control temp in your rm. the restaurant next door is pitiful. We had a blk beetle in r rm. Screaming kids in the early morning.... Some were guests there some were I believe the owners kids, they appeared to live in the office. On the plus side, it Was cheap, when we did ask for ice they gave me there ice outa there own freezer, and gave me air fresher for the weed smell lol. You do not get refund after checking in so beware!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless u r traveling with no kids and want a cheap place to sleep
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Alexis Roxanne T
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Overall you get what you pay for but the service is horrible. I asked for a microwave and it took 4 hours my room was freezing and there was a horrible smell not to mention they have not renovated since they have been open. I would never come back.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Melba87
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We made our reservation for 3 nights. The staff was not so nice upon arrival, but at this time we did not care it. We just wanted to have rest. Well, I can not express the room we got! It was dirty and stinky, the restroom was old and poor. Just in case I took a few pictures and we told the manager that we want to leave ASAP and we want our money back because the place is disgusting. He was very rude as he told: "it is not a 5 star hotel, what did you expect? " Well, clean room, at least. Finally he has accepted our decision but wanted to keep one night fee because of late cancel - at that point I got really anxious. My husband called our travel agent and after a fight we got back our funds - I think it was the minimum we deserved. It was 8 pm at night and it took as another 4 hours to find a place to sleep after 10 hours of driving!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KrisztaV77
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The place is far from everything...cost u a lot to get to town (and back of course) and no bus stop close
Rooms are small and a bit dirty
No place for suitcases!!!!
Avoid stopping by unless you're forced to!

• Stayed: August 2011