“job done, OK for the price”
Review of A-1 Motel

A-1 Motel
Ranked #113 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brussels
“job done, OK for the price”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

It's was indeed chosen to be close to Niagara falls but out of tourist path in order to be on the spot early the next day. The hotel is in medium condition and amenities still basic such as clealiness. Netherlessless nothing to say for such flat rate even it's next to a bit noisy main road.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexdiver

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Keswick, Ontario Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My friend & I stayed at the "motel" March 2nd & 3rd 2013. Firstly I had asked for extra pillows and towels. We didn't get them! And the towels we did get barely covered hair once washed.

The carpet was so disgusting we had to keep our boots on the entire time we were in the room
The front desk manager was not welcoming at all.

When we arrived, the bed covers were not on the bed, so we had to wait while two teenaged boys went to the room next to our assigned room and removed the covers from the beds to then place them on the beds we were to sleep in.

The walls and the washroom looked like they had been through a war!
They were disgusting and dirty and beat up like someone had thrown large sharp objects at them.

The room did not have a phone.
Internet was in and out.

Overall, we needed a place to stay that was reasonable.
This was reasonable but I think I would pay extra to stay in a place where I did not feel as though I had to throw away everything that I brought into that room.

Not a family friendly place at all!
No coffee in winter months?!?!?!

This place should be condemned!!!

It's disgusting, old, dirty and not worth any money to stay there!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Pay extra so that you can actually take your shoes off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! I can't see any of the rooms being any different from the next. Filth! Dis...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Joanne476

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. Not only was the carpet stained, the sheets were stained, the curtains were falling off the windows, there was hair in the sink and tub, mold around the tub, and the lamp shade duct taped to the lamp, the service was HORRIBLE. We went and complained immediately after checking in and at first they refused to refund (we went in the summer and so they took the first night's room and tax immediately after booking). Finally they agreed to refund us one night but would keep our deposit from when we initially booked. Since this hotel is cheap, we ate the charge and went to the Holiday Inn right up the hill from the Falls, where we showered and threw the clothes we were wearing in the A1 into plastic bags (I almost considered throwing them away completely - that is how disgusting this hotel was). I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and those of you rating this place as amazing were obviously either high or drunk when staying here because no person in their right mind would ever rate this place as fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Erin H
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband, mother and sister booked two rooms and paid for 5 nights in advance. That was a mistake. There was a sign at the desk that read no refunds after check in. Now I understand why. The room was dirty. The bathroom was gross. The whole motel needs to be renovated. When we checked out I commented to the owner that I learned two valuable lessons; never pay in advance and always check the room first.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank jeannette d
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The bedding was clean but everything else was pitiful.........the door barely opened and once inside the horrors were endless.....bathtub had no enamel and a poor attempt to paint it white had been done.......the toilet refused to flush completely........took 3 tries. The bathroom door would not stay closed or open. The remote did not work for the 13"tv that was there. The rooms was big enough for the bed, a night stand and the desk.....the chair would not fit so it was by the window. There was no coffee maker, no kettle, no ice, no phone, no phone book, no nothing. There are permanent residents there that rent the rooms on a full time basis.......and they are scary at best. The noise from the adjoining year round rented room made sleeping nearly impossible and I was almost coma bound when I walked in. The photos must have been taken 50yrs ago when the place looked newer and was kept up. Payment is expected upon check in before you get a key to look at the room. I stayed only because I was too tired to drive home but I wish I had slept in my car. I would have felt less like a cave dweller taking a sleep at the city dump.

Room Tip: just don't rent here........go to the comfort in or any place that has a vacancy but ask to see...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Nikki M
Lebanon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

False advertising... The pool wasn't up and running when we were there. The pics are much better than it looks. The showers are gross, I'd never let a child take a bath in there. There ar no clocks or phones in rm. Our room smelled like weed. The sheets were stained. NO ice machines, you do not control temp in your rm. the restaurant next door is pitiful. We had a blk beetle in r rm. Screaming kids in the early morning.... Some were guests there some were I believe the owners kids, they appeared to live in the office. On the plus side, it Was cheap, when we did ask for ice they gave me there ice outa there own freezer, and gave me air fresher for the weed smell lol. You do not get refund after checking in so beware!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless u r traveling with no kids and want a cheap place to sleep
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Alexis Roxanne T
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Overall you get what you pay for but the service is horrible. I asked for a microwave and it took 4 hours my room was freezing and there was a horrible smell not to mention they have not renovated since they have been open. I would never come back.

• Stayed February 2012