“Not for the clean at heart”
Review of A-1 Motel

A-1 Motel
Ranked #90 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Ok the manager tries...I will give them that but...I had to have them come in and wash out the tub as it was filthy with a ring around the tub from other people's showers. The rug wascovered in big stained areas. The paint on the bathroom walls and ceiling was peeling off and the room itself had water stains on the ceiling. The room itself smelled like the bottom of a cigarette bucket and we had asked for a non smoking room. The place could be nice if an effort was made to clean the place but they do not even change the trash bags when they so called clean the rooms. The manager said they hire a company to clean the place and I will just say if I was paying to have the place cleaned and that was the result...I would fire the company and get my money back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank jellebear

Reviewed 29 August 2010

I was afraid to stay hire after reading the reviews. I thought that I would give it a chance and I'm happy that I did!!! When you want to travel but your on a budget it is sometimes scarry to stay in a "cheep" motel. But my moto is "If it is clean and comfy, that's all that matters". Chances are, if you are going to Niagara Falls, you will only be in your room to wash and sleep. So you don't need the ritz!

Good points: The room was clean, the beds where very comfy, the staff was friendly and helpful, the price(50$ a night approx), the pool was fun, small play ground for kids, the BBQ, internet(wireless), TV with cable, the a/c worked great (our room was cool when we got in, they turned it on for us, bonus!), it's a one level hotel so not lots of stares(I think 4), mini fridge, microwave(but you have to ask for it)****If you book online you get free coupons for some of the attractions(well we did), lots of attraction coupons in the office., FREE PARKING

Bad points: No phone in room(but you can use the one in the office for local calls), No clock radio(but the man was nice enough to let us use his), the room was outdated, old wallpaper, old lamps etc...(but it was clean, and I think that is the importent thing), no coffee maker in room(but there is coffee in the office, and a Timmys down the street), Not walking distance to the falls(but just a short easy drive).

I would stay there again. We saved money on the hotel and had more money to do the fun stuff, like Cliffton Hill and MarineLand.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank travelgal2284
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We went on the long weekend where everyone was sold out - we paid ahead and got a reasonable price. All the staff was very nice. The room was clean. Don't expect a Hilton Here. It gives you the basics and that's it. It is a good place to sleep. As a note - the walls in the rooms are concrete and keep out noise - but concrete also cracks. We didn't care - it was only the bathroom area - we had two nights of decent sleep .... Nice Pool ...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2010

It was the cheapest place i found during weekend in Niagara falls, ON. If you're looking for just a place to spend night and no luxury, this is a good place. They also have swimming pool. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Worth the price paid ($50)...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rutansh
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Location of the Motel is very good. Cleanliness in the room & washroom is ok. T.V. is very small size.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Yes this was a last minute budget hotel choice. Yes we were influenced by the AAA/CAA Diamond award advertised and displayed in the office. No we did not inspect the room before accepting it.

The rugs and bathroom tiles were littered with the corpses of about 200 flying ants and a few still standing. The shower was moldy. The TV remote did not work. No telephone.

Without hesitation I proclaim it the worst hotel room I have ever seen.

Terrible on every level.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobOttawa
Reviewed 21 August 2009

my husabnd and i along with our 9 year old son, my father ( a senior) and my 25 year old niece and her boyfriend stayed here one night.
we had made reservations a few months in advance and needed to change some things, the owner was AMAZING in accomadating us in the changes. we arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in , and all 3 of our rooms were ready.
My husband, I ,our son and my father were crossing the border to go to a fair and we were very happy that we could unload all our luggage before heading out.
upin entering the room we found a clean, nice smelling large room ( we had a double)
the other 2 rooms were clean and nice as well. when we returned from our trip across the border , we went to the pool. very clean, really is heated ( not just by the sun) and the deck was clean and well maintained. the staff was very accomadating to all our needs. the only thing i would recommend is that you have a cell phone with you. the rooms do not come equipped with phones for whatever reason. the water pressure was fine in the bathroom in the double room but my fathers room did have somewhat lower pressure than what he is used to, but it was fine enough to take a shower. i would definitly go back again this hotel had a very "homey" atmosphere and for $39 a night we got more than what we expected to get in a big touristy city

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family