“Lovely place to stay!”

Villa Gardenia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 68 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at the Villa Gardenia B&B in June for two nights and it was a wonderful experience! We were greeted warmly by Anna who couldn't have been nicer. She was most helpful in pointing out the best way to make the most of our stay. She recommended places to eat and where to catch the WEGO bus and her breakfasts were delicious!
Our room was large, clean and comfortable and we enjoyed watching DVD's in the evening which were provided in our room.
The location is ideal, just far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet of the area but close enough to catch a bus to anywhere you need to go
I will definitely stay here again if I am ever fortunate to come back to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ritabn
There are newer reviews for Villa Gardenia Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was our first experience staying at a bed and breakfast. Anna was great, the house was beautiful, the food delicious. We had fun breakfast conversations with another couple from Australia. Staying there was like staying at a friend's. We would highly recommend this location to anyone and hope to return soon again ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The room
This is a beautiful house with beautiful rooms! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Venice room for 2 nights and the room was gorgeous! The room was spacious, had great shower pressure, and the bed was really comfortable. Anna was really helpful and very nice. She even gave us free wine tasting passes to Niagara-on-the-lake (although we didn't go). There was a shared refrigerator outside our room so we can store our leftovers, but unfortunately, no microwave. The one thing I didn't like about our rooms was the lack of lighting. There were plenty (I think 5 lamps/lights) but they were all kind of dim. However, this is not that big of a problem because we didn't really spend time in our rooms anyways.

Breakfast
I have posted 2 pictures of our breakfast on tripadvisor so you can all take a look!

Day 1: 2 blueberry pancakes, 2 strips of bacon, fresh fruit, home baked baked banana-something muffin, tea/coffee, and orange juice

Day 2: (I took this picture mid-way my breakfast so forgive me if it looks half eaten). 2 scrambled eggs, 2 strips of bacon, toast with butter, fresh fruit, baked banana-something muffin again, tea/coffee. and orange juice

The breakfast in my opinion, was a little underwhelming. I did expect much more from the breakfast after all the rave reviews I've read on tripadvisor but I wouldn't say the breakfast was bad either. It was average mainly because I expected something more gourmet (like stuffed French toast, quiches, etc). However, I could be biased because my first bed and breakfast trip in Gananoque had an exceptional breakfast (I have also posted pictures on tripadvisor so you can all take a look as well).

Note: One thing I chose this bed and breakfast over others is that they don't have the traditional communal dining experience. Usually, all the guests sit together in a long table to eat breakfast together. Villa Gardenia on the other hand, have separate tables (of 2) for those couples looking for a more private dining experience. For those who don't feel 100% comfortable making conversations with strangers, I suggest you consider Villa Gardenia!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweetpinkvelvet
Reviewed 20 June 2013

What a beautiful location and perfect hostess! Anna, we loved your hospitality. Your background in tourism really helped to make our stay so wonderful. Your breakfast was amazing. Thank you for individualized care. The house is newly built and perfectly decorated. It is a wonderful alternative to the big hotel stay. We had everything we needed. There was even a refrigerator for the guests which helped us with storage for our medications. The waterfall outside the front door provided a refreshing white noise that we loved. We were close to the Wego bus that provided access to the local tourist locations. When we return to this area we surely will stay at this excellent bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: We had two rooms and both were good. Each had a sitting area which we loved. Each also had a very...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at this B&B with another couple. Both of the rooms we used were quite spacious. The rooms were comfortable & clean. Our room had a couch & two end tables. There was a bed bench at the end of the bed that was stained, but we put a suitcase on it, so did not take away from the overall cleanliness of the room. Could of used more lighting over mirror in bathroom, but the magnifying mirror was helpful for make-up. There is a small refrigerator in the hall we used and Anna was very gracious to store our ice packs in her own freezer because there was no freezer in the shared frig. Anna was a great help on directions, restaurant selections & site-seeing. She was energetic & fun to talk to. Breakfast was well presented & very good. Anna was very accomodating to our preferences. There is free wi-fi available. Besides the tables in the breakfast room, there is no "common room", but we did not miss it. After a full day in the area, we were glad to relax in our comfortable rooms! Would definitely stay here again if in the area & recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at this cozy B&B with my 3 friends. Anna was an excellent hostess, going out of her way to ensure that our stay was pleasant. From the booking to suggesting restaurants and activities to the complimentary wine tasting tickets, Anna has really perfected the art of keeping her customers happy. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone. This will definitely be my go to place for my future trips to Niagara.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Wonderful B&B. So warm and friendly. Rooms are spacious and comfy. Internet access available. Breakfasts were tasty and plentiful. Location is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle but you can access all via local transportation or walking. Anna made tour suggestions that I wouldn't have done otherwise. She knows the Niagara Falls area well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo