“bad service and dirty room”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #52 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“bad service and dirty room”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

overall i found the staff to be very unhelpful and rude, one in particular thought he knew best and didnt bother providing any help. The wireless internet did not work at all , only at the lobby and the guy at the front made me call the internet company because he said i should be getting a strong signal even though it was only 2 bars on and off. I tried contacting the internet people and they never solved the problem so the guy at the front desk told me to go to the lobby to use the internet and that my brand new apple mac computer was old lol he also said he will solve the problem and never even called me back!,..whats the point of adversitsing free wirless wifi? the room was very dirty i found peoples hair on the towels on the bed and it was overall very uncozy, the area was also so far from everything and the so called free breakfast was nothing but some cheap cereal and bread...overall i would never ever come back ...only positive was the free parking but rest....horrible along with the tv quality, glad i purchased the stay at a discounted amount on a dealfind voucher.

Room Tip: there is way better out there!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank alinab333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We were booked into room 103, we unpacked, wife went to the toilet but it did not flush.
Went to reception, he said oh I forgot I will move you to room 104
We came home went to sleep, and was disturbed by a man late in the night. We were extremely shocked and he had a key to get in
Went back to sleep got a call from reception got a call demanding that I went to reception
Not happy then he asked me what I was doing in the room
I told him because that was what we were booked into
Got up in the morning cereal dispenser empty, coffee pot empty
Response from reception regarding this was oh sorry about that, but blamed someone else

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank barker9

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I just returned from a weekend @ a winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake. We had reservations @ a local hotel, but they fell through. I called the Super 8 since we had stayed there previously and had found it to be reasonable for the amount we had paid. I was so disappointed though this time around. Upon entering the room it smelt of mildew and another odour which I haven't found a name for. The air conditioner is very loud and very outdated. The breakfast in the morning which was complimentary was basically coffee and orange juice. The bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable. I think its under new management but they really need to upgrade this site because it is on a main road where numerous hotels are featured and they are very close to the Falls. I forgot the most important thing........... the outdoor pool had a colour of day old soup and we noticed children swimming in there with there clothes on. I guess that explains the milky coloured water!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank wrongpick
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed at the Super 8: North of the Falls.

-- Location --
This is probably the most important aspect of Niagara Falls, as there is not a lot of free parking anywhere. The Hotel was a decent distance away from the Falls/Downtown area. There is a People Mover stop by the Whirlpool/Aero Car, that you can use from 9AM-10PM for $7.50pp CDN, which is really convienent. If your planning on going downtown at night then you will have to find parking or take a cab. The Cab was $12CDN. There is a shuttle listed on TripAdvisor and the Super 8 website, but we found out the hard way there is no shuttle.

-- Room --
The cleanliness of the room was average. The Bathroom was brand new, and clean. We asked to check-in early, so whatever the reason we we crammed in the corner of the hotel, with no view. But we didn't mind because it was just a place to sleep. There is a list of TV channels you are suppossed to get, including HBO, I believe we received about 1/2, which didnt include HBO.

-- Parking --
There are not enough spots for parking as there are rooms. We had to park at the restaurant by the hotel overnight.

-- Service --
We didnt have too much interaction with the staff. We asked if we could check-in early on Fri, and the first lady didn't want anything to do with us. The second guy, the owner I believe, was nice, and gave us the corner room. We don't feel like wasting the cleaning ladies time cleaning our room, so we told her not to bother, and she was polite and said she would give us clean towels...no towels, not a big deal. And when we came back at night around 2am, there was no parking so we asked the second guy (owner?) what to do, and he politely offered the next door restaurant for parking.

-- Breakfast --
Continental breakfast was a joke. It was the standard cereal and milk, with gas station donuts. BUT, the restaurant next door had decent breakfast. It was among the cheapest restaurants in Canada. $5.99CDN will get you a decent breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Based on other web site recommendations, we selected Super 8 North of the Falls. Our first observation was that an employee was using a leaf blower to clean the concrete and parking areas out front, so it must be clean. Wrong!
Our room had not been vacuumed--very dirty floor--we had to go back to the desk to bring it to their attention. The manager promptly followed us back to the room, as he wanted to see for himself (don't think he believed us). I also pointed out that the table tops were spottily cleaned, and the wall leading to the bathroom was dirty. He checked with a housekeeper and told us she was vacuuming all rooms at one time, instead of one at a time, and would take care of it. A number of items in the room needed minor repairs.
The breakfast room was also dirty. Spills down the front of cupboard doors had not been cleaned from previous days. Table tops were not cleaned, and previous guests' breakfast remains weren't removed, except by guests who were sitting down.
We had wanted a quick lunch before heading downtown, so went into the hotel restaurant (Rivers Edge). Most tables in the place hadn't been cleared. Our table was cleared after we sat down, but not wiped--we had to make a special request. Kitchen prep area appeared to be very dirty and unkept. (The restaurant was not busy.) We lost our appetites and left.
Soda machines in parking lot and ATM machine in hotel lobby were both "Out of Order."
For the price, definitely not a good place to stay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 8samuel8
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2010

This is an older style motel. The entire outside was well kept and very clean. The inside
was as clean as you can get for an older building. The air conditioning was so cool we only kept it on low even though it was 34 degees celcius. The owner was very polite. This time we stayed 2 nights. We couldn't ask for or expect better service. We normally stay right at niagra falls but all the rooms were a bit more than we wanted to pay, and some wanted to charge parking on top of the room rate. We stayed here and drove within 5 minutes to the falls payed for parking and was still half the price than a cheap hotel at the falls. There is also the option of taking the people movers from right outside the motel to the falls but for 6.50 per person for the day it was cheaper to drive everyone to the falls and leave the car all day for 20.00 and return when we wanted without waiting for the people mover.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel over the fourth of July weekend. We chose this hotel because of its pet friendly policy and shuttle service to Niagara Falls. When we entered our room, there was a huge hole in the wall with wires hanging out of it. The remote to the TV was completly busted. I took the remote to the front desk and asked them for a replacement. They accused me of breaking the remote and advised me that the cleaning staff never reported this as broken therefore, it must have been me. I was offended. I then asked what time the shuttle ran (this is advertised on their website). I was advised that there is NO shuttle. I then asked where I could take our dog, the front desk staff told me to walk her on the street. I also asked if he could recommend any local restaurants. He pointed to a map and told me to read it. I was appauld at the customer service and false advertising. This is probably why this hotel was one of the only hotels with vacancy on such a busy weekend. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple