“Terrible manager to answer”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #57 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I saw to this motel web site by chance, so,I want to reservation to this motel for long weekend as Victoria day. so, I called to 905-356-0131, hotel manager receive my call,
I ask to reservation for for long weekend .but, I disappoint to him, and blamed to the manager who say to use unkind manner, talking,etc....
whenever I ask something ,he said NO,NO, NO............ NOTHING without sorry .
He is very serious person. he said to me "If you want to use this hotel for long weekend, You need booking before one year. But I checked web site as hotel guide, I found it, this hotel room situation, still available room is there. so I call to manager again and ask him, Reluctantly, he said I have three room is here. etc.without sorry.
I never use this motel, and If someone want to use this motel, I'll never let you do not use to this motel, and I will announce to my country travel site. If he is there, everybody, please do not use this motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank uville

Reviewed 21 April 2011

Excellent place, the stuff are very friendly, the room was very clean and we had a great time. And best of all their rate are very affordable. I really recommend that hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zou123
Reviewed 18 April 2011

overall i found the staff to be very unhelpful and rude, one in particular thought he knew best and didnt bother providing any help. The wireless internet did not work at all , only at the lobby and the guy at the front made me call the internet company because he said i should be getting a strong signal even though it was only 2 bars on and off. I tried contacting the internet people and they never solved the problem so the guy at the front desk told me to go to the lobby to use the internet and that my brand new apple mac computer was old lol he also said he will solve the problem and never even called me back!,..whats the point of adversitsing free wirless wifi? the room was very dirty i found peoples hair on the towels on the bed and it was overall very uncozy, the area was also so far from everything and the so called free breakfast was nothing but some cheap cereal and bread...overall i would never ever come back ...only positive was the free parking but rest....horrible along with the tv quality, glad i purchased the stay at a discounted amount on a dealfind voucher.

Room Tip: there is way better out there!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alinab333
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We were booked into room 103, we unpacked, wife went to the toilet but it did not flush.
Went to reception, he said oh I forgot I will move you to room 104
We came home went to sleep, and was disturbed by a man late in the night. We were extremely shocked and he had a key to get in
Went back to sleep got a call from reception got a call demanding that I went to reception
Not happy then he asked me what I was doing in the room
I told him because that was what we were booked into
Got up in the morning cereal dispenser empty, coffee pot empty
Response from reception regarding this was oh sorry about that, but blamed someone else

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank barker9
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I just returned from a weekend @ a winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake. We had reservations @ a local hotel, but they fell through. I called the Super 8 since we had stayed there previously and had found it to be reasonable for the amount we had paid. I was so disappointed though this time around. Upon entering the room it smelt of mildew and another odour which I haven't found a name for. The air conditioner is very loud and very outdated. The breakfast in the morning which was complimentary was basically coffee and orange juice. The bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable. I think its under new management but they really need to upgrade this site because it is on a main road where numerous hotels are featured and they are very close to the Falls. I forgot the most important thing........... the outdoor pool had a colour of day old soup and we noticed children swimming in there with there clothes on. I guess that explains the milky coloured water!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank wrongpick
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed at the Super 8: North of the Falls.

-- Location --
This is probably the most important aspect of Niagara Falls, as there is not a lot of free parking anywhere. The Hotel was a decent distance away from the Falls/Downtown area. There is a People Mover stop by the Whirlpool/Aero Car, that you can use from 9AM-10PM for $7.50pp CDN, which is really convienent. If your planning on going downtown at night then you will have to find parking or take a cab. The Cab was $12CDN. There is a shuttle listed on TripAdvisor and the Super 8 website, but we found out the hard way there is no shuttle.

-- Room --
The cleanliness of the room was average. The Bathroom was brand new, and clean. We asked to check-in early, so whatever the reason we we crammed in the corner of the hotel, with no view. But we didn't mind because it was just a place to sleep. There is a list of TV channels you are suppossed to get, including HBO, I believe we received about 1/2, which didnt include HBO.

-- Parking --
There are not enough spots for parking as there are rooms. We had to park at the restaurant by the hotel overnight.

-- Service --
We didnt have too much interaction with the staff. We asked if we could check-in early on Fri, and the first lady didn't want anything to do with us. The second guy, the owner I believe, was nice, and gave us the corner room. We don't feel like wasting the cleaning ladies time cleaning our room, so we told her not to bother, and she was polite and said she would give us clean towels...no towels, not a big deal. And when we came back at night around 2am, there was no parking so we asked the second guy (owner?) what to do, and he politely offered the next door restaurant for parking.

-- Breakfast --
Continental breakfast was a joke. It was the standard cereal and milk, with gas station donuts. BUT, the restaurant next door had decent breakfast. It was among the cheapest restaurants in Canada. $5.99CDN will get you a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Based on other web site recommendations, we selected Super 8 North of the Falls. Our first observation was that an employee was using a leaf blower to clean the concrete and parking areas out front, so it must be clean. Wrong!
Our room had not been vacuumed--very dirty floor--we had to go back to the desk to bring it to their attention. The manager promptly followed us back to the room, as he wanted to see for himself (don't think he believed us). I also pointed out that the table tops were spottily cleaned, and the wall leading to the bathroom was dirty. He checked with a housekeeper and told us she was vacuuming all rooms at one time, instead of one at a time, and would take care of it. A number of items in the room needed minor repairs.
The breakfast room was also dirty. Spills down the front of cupboard doors had not been cleaned from previous days. Table tops were not cleaned, and previous guests' breakfast remains weren't removed, except by guests who were sitting down.
We had wanted a quick lunch before heading downtown, so went into the hotel restaurant (Rivers Edge). Most tables in the place hadn't been cleared. Our table was cleared after we sat down, but not wiped--we had to make a special request. Kitchen prep area appeared to be very dirty and unkept. (The restaurant was not busy.) We lost our appetites and left.
Soda machines in parking lot and ATM machine in hotel lobby were both "Out of Order."
For the price, definitely not a good place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple