“Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms - No Complaints!”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms - No Complaints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I brought my family to this Super 8 location when we visited Niagara Falls. It was my second time staying there, the first I was with friends. Both times I had a great experience. The staff were very helpful with directions and recommending restaurants in the area.
You will be very happy with the quality and cleanliness of the rooms! I recommend it to anyone looking for a great price to stay in Niagara Falls. Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Diego S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I've stayed at the Super 8 River Road location for the last 4 visits to Niagara Falls, the rooms are clean and cozy, the food was surprisingly fantastic, and the staff was always friendly and ready to make your stay comfortable.
If you're looking for a comfortable basic hotel with a great location this is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Solange A
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here last minute after a shopping trip to the US. This is an old motel, and we booked it from across the street using our Playbook tablet so that we could get a cheap rate, so we didn't expect much.

Check in was smooth, though it took a minute or two for the reservation to show up on their system. Our room was had a very comfortable king sized bed and an older tube TV with a limited channel selection (no CBC). The room itself was clean though I did notice partially repaired ceilings and walls. They were patched, but not sanded or painted. The negatives were: a clogged sink, a noisy, hard to control heater/ac unit, and dated furniture.

The breakfast in the morning was sparse, cheap and not great, but it was included. Hampton Inn has a much better breakfast, but was also double the price.

The location is actually one of the best parts of this hotel. We arrived at night, so we didn't see where we were. The hotel is right across the street from the Whirlpool Rapids cable car. It is close enough to walk.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robertsky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

So my boyfriend and I stayed here Thanksgiving long weekend, from Friday to Sunday. Check in was quick, and Ben was helpful.

When I called to make my reservation, I spoke to Fred. I was told there were no rooms applicable to my dealfind voucher left on a weekend until 2012, and then I was told I could pay the difference and get a king bed room instead. The additional cost was $80 for both nights, and my voucher was $49... So, works out to be $129 for two nights. That really isn't so bad, considering it costs that much just to stay at a nicer place for one night. Additional bonus that we went on such a busy weekend too and only paid $129.

We got the corner unit on the first floor by the pool, which was pretty spacious. The room was clean, and most importantly, the bathroom was clean and looked like it had been redone recently. The bedding was alright, but I tore off that polyester cover because it feels cheap. The tv is the older style box, and had a few channels. We didn't go here to watch TV, so really didn't care.

The continental breakfast was open in the office area from 6-9, so that was convenient. Basic, but good offerings. Bread was available, coffee, hot water, cereal, milk, apple and orange juice and muffins.
Obviously you have to fix things yourself, but I prefer handling my own food anyway. Both days my bf and I ate toast with jam, muffins, had tea, and juice/milk.

I really liked the location of the motel, as it is tucked away from the downtown area. It's about a 5-10 minute drive to the Falls.

Annoying things about our stay was: heating unit was hard to get going, limited tv channels, dicey wireless internet and I think the continental breakfast ends too soon.

I have a few suggestions on how the motel can improve, such as updating rooms with more modern furniture, bigger towels, new tv's, get rid of that polyester blanket that's on beds because it's ugly and feels horrible, change the heating units and consider extending breakfast hours for the continental breakfast. :)

I didn't stay in all rooms, but my room was better than I expected, especially after reading so many so-so reviews. Nothing appeared to be missing in my room, and I half expected that the hair dryer would be. At the end of the day, it was a clean place to sleep at, and get breakfast at while my boyfriend and I got away and enjoyed a beautiful weekend at Niagara Falls.

Special thanks to Ben and Fred for wonderful customer service. :)

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Aproxy
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

it was a very good trip, indeed. I had the best meals in super 8. the atmosphere is very friendly and services are fantastic

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RavPuneet K
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

I had a two night stay on a Dealfind voucher and not sure if that was the issue, but found the staff VERY unaccommodating. When I initially attempted to book, during the summer, they could not give me two nights on a weekend. I finally booked two nights a couple of weeks ago (monday and tuesday) and explained that it was for a friend and I (i.e. needed two beds). When I arrived at the largely deserted motel, it was to find we were put in the WORST room in the motel (sandwiched at an angle, window looked out onto a grey wall) with ONE bed. I explained that due to an accident last year, I had a bad leg and would like a ground floor room with TWO beds. Was told, sorry, can't help- we're all booked. When we returned later that night there was a HANDFUL of cars there - so an outright LIE. When I complained on leaving, he said well, we only had that one Queen bed - nowhere does it say on the voucher that one Queen bed was the only proviso! Indeed, it says 2 nights accomodation for 2 people! Was very disappointed and would NOT RECOMMEND this place. Further, it wasn't particularly clean and the room was musty.

Room Tip: Don't - would not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank selkiem
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I feel bad leaving this sub-par review of this place because the staff and managment was SO very nice! But the rooms... OH THE ROOMS! First off I booked using hotwire.com... and apparently somehow indicated that I wanted a smoking room - GROSS - and when I asked if there was ANYTHING other than that the kind sweet desk manager told me no. So.. we tried to air out the room.. but that was to no avail. By the end of our stay (only overnite) all of our things smelled like stale nasty smoke. Ew. The room was like someone had been chain smoking in there for 2000 years. Again - gross. I don't really care what a room looks like - really - but this one even freaked me out. It was tired and worn out. This place is in DESPERATE need of a face lift! The nicest part was the continental breakfast - simple cereal and toast.. good coffee.. clean and decent place to eat it. And the location is very nice and lovely but far from the falls - just be sure you know. But also was very quiet compared to the party party place we stayed close to Clifton falls the next nite. Hate to say but I probs would not stay there again.

Room Tip: If they offer only a smoking room skip it.. gross.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends