“Quiet area, dirty room.”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #52 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Collingwood
“Quiet area, dirty room.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After a noisy stay in a hotel on Clifton Hill I decided to take the children and go somewhere removed from the karaoke and bustle of the tourist area. The quiet and safe area was nice. The price is also relatively inexpensive. I asked after the large room they offer which has 2 double beds and a queen suite on the phone and was quoted an amount. After I'd got there, I found out that the amount quoted was incorrect and had to pay an additional $50. It was still reasonable compared to other hotels in the area, so we decided to stay. The room was tucked down a strange little corner and had a nasty odour - musty and maybe mouldy? Maybe being semi enclosed in the little corner stopped the air-flow to the room, accounting for the musty'ness? The room itself was dirty (crumbs, dead bugs on floor and bathtub, body-fluid marks on the bedcover - (we put on floor; gross)) and stained and old. There were two old tv's for each section of the room (which was actually more like two rooms, only without a door and unfortunately the boys had to go through the queen bedroom to access the one bathroom.) but only one remote. I called the front desk (the quick send buttons on the phone didn't work, but I figured it out anyway) and asked for another. They said they'd send one right over. It didn't come. The room itself was big and plenty of space for the four of us. Apparently they served breakfast (as read on the website) but they didn't tell me the info about it, even when I asked and when I pointed out an area near check-in and asked if that was for breakfast, they said yes, but that was it.) Because of the dirt of the rooms, we decided to pay and eat elsewhere, ( the stairs would have made it difficult for my disabled child even if the sanitation was good.) I am not surprised that a motel would be in this state (smelly and dirty) but I AM surprised by the high rating others have given and that it can be affiliated with the Super 8 motels.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again...or keep socks on and bring a sleeping bag and pillowcase
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank m0m04
super8NiagaraFalls, General Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls North, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thanks for staying at super8, north of the falls. I apologize for the bad experience you had at our property, we are renovating and will make sure we don't disappoint you next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The room was dirty & smelly. Hotel staff was rude and not at all helpful. I have stayed at similar hotel in Niagara Falls before at similar rate and were a lot more happy with the stay. Would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple