“Nice and not too busy”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #61 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice motel that is not right in where all of the commotion is. We stayed here because we had our dog with and has a nice place to walk dog along the river. Everything was what you would expect at a super 8. Room was clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Perry B
super8NiagaraFalls, Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thanks for choosing super8, North of the falls. We are really very happy to hear that your stay at super8 was a pleasant one . We will see you soon. Thanks

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at this Super 8 after Christmas with my girlfriend, and the trip started off bad with them not allowing us to check in early with a completely empty hotel after an 9 hr drive. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite with an out of date tv and a falling apart bathroom. I booked this using my points and chose this over the other super 8(big mistake). The breakfast selection was not to par with little me and my gf wanted to eat and instead went out for breakfast. Iv had good luck with Super 8 in alberta and in my home town Sault Ste Marie. Hopefully my next trip back to Niagara will involve a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory G
super8NiagaraFalls, Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thanks for staying at Super8, North of the falls. Thanks for taking time out to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the bad experience you had during your stay. We are upgrading our rooms, which includes new Plasma TV, new beddings, heating and cooling system etc. Please give us one more chance to serve you better. Thanks Ben Somal

Reviewed 17 February 2014

As a person who stays at hotels frequently on a budget, the most important features to me are that the room is clean and comfortable. I've been to this Super 8 a few times now, and I can say the room has been both clean and comfortable each time. I've never had to worry about it being too cold in the winter. And the person cleaning the rooms does an excellent job.

My only complaint is that the breakfast selection is very meager (toast, juice, coffee, tiny muffins... can't remember what else, if anything). But I usually don't choose a hotel based on the availability of breakfast, so this is not that important to me.

However, my girlfriend doesn't sleep well with noise, and the heater is a tad bit too noisy for her. I, on the other hand, sleep better with a little white noise. I guess if the sound of a lightly humming heater is problematic to you, keep this in mind when staying here. I don't find it bad at all, but I understand this is a matter of personal preference.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
super8NiagaraFalls, Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thanks for staying at Super8, North of the falls. Very soon, we are replacing most of our heating units. We are really happy for you that you did enjoy most of your stay. Hope to see you soon.
Thanks Ben Somal

Reviewed 12 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8NiagaraFalls, Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room needed swept when we arrived. the ceiling in the bathroom had what appeared to be black mold on the ceiling. when we went to breakfast the family before us has taken all the muffins and when we asked for more it took 15 minutes to get then replaced. then on the last day I found a roach in the bathroom. we have stayed here many times in the past but I can say it might be the last--we need a place that accepts our dog but I truly think that a few things need to be fixed--the wallpaper is peeling in the corners and as mentioned before the carpet needed swept when we arrived and just a general feeling of dirtyness. we were only given 1 washcloth also.there is not enough parking and we had to park at the total opposite side from our room.and we had to constantly reset the inside of the toilet from where it stuck every 3-4 flushes..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a couple that were more interested in our self-guided wine tour in the Niagara region, this hotel provided a great amenity for the money. We upgraded to a room with a Jacuzzi style tub and fireplace for the sheer romanticism. Although the hotel could definitely use a bit of polish around the edges, it provided all that we required during our stay. Everything functioned as advertised, the room was quiet and the bed comfortable. We especially enjoy the fact that when you pull out of the driveway you're not far from the downtown core, or minutes away from the wine route. A little "sprucing up" and we'd likely have to fight for reservations next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

BAD AWFUL! After driving 8 hours from NYC to Niagara Falls, only to find out that the room reserved for us was a smoking room. We walked in and the smoke was intense! So we could not stay there. Arrived at 2am, attendant was RUDE, and IMPATIENT! Said we had to hurry because he "wanted to sleep, because I have to wake up at 5am". I'm pretty sure he gets paid for his shift! He refused to give us the only non smoking room available unless we paid extra. of course we refused. He took our credit card number and refused to give it back and eventually asked us to leave while we were on the phone trying to get expedia to rectify the issue. Yes its a super 8, but everyone deserves respect and customer service and this attendant had none of these to offer

Room Tip: SMOKING ROOM stinks of smoke!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
super8NiagaraFalls, Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thanks for choosing Super8. Please accept my apologies for the bad experience you had so far with the property. You booked through Expedia, and they reserved smoking room for you. I completely understand your concerns. Night clerk offered you upgrade Non- smoking for some nominal fees. Hope you understand that having smoking room is all between you and expedia. We tried our best to accommodate you.