“Great value”

Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ottawa, Canada
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

This is an older style motel. The entire outside was well kept and very clean. The inside
was as clean as you can get for an older building. The air conditioning was so cool we only kept it on low even though it was 34 degees celcius. The owner was very polite. This time we stayed 2 nights. We couldn't ask for or expect better service. We normally stay right at niagra falls but all the rooms were a bit more than we wanted to pay, and some wanted to charge parking on top of the room rate. We stayed here and drove within 5 minutes to the falls payed for parking and was still half the price than a cheap hotel at the falls. There is also the option of taking the people movers from right outside the motel to the falls but for 6.50 per person for the day it was cheaper to drive everyone to the falls and leave the car all day for 20.00 and return when we wanted without waiting for the people mover.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel over the fourth of July weekend. We chose this hotel because of its pet friendly policy and shuttle service to Niagara Falls. When we entered our room, there was a huge hole in the wall with wires hanging out of it. The remote to the TV was completly busted. I took the remote to the front desk and asked them for a replacement. They accused me of breaking the remote and advised me that the cleaning staff never reported this as broken therefore, it must have been me. I was offended. I then asked what time the shuttle ran (this is advertised on their website). I was advised that there is NO shuttle. I then asked where I could take our dog, the front desk staff told me to walk her on the street. I also asked if he could recommend any local restaurants. He pointed to a map and told me to read it. I was appauld at the customer service and false advertising. This is probably why this hotel was one of the only hotels with vacancy on such a busy weekend. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Farmington Hills,MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

Not well kept at all. Cobwebs on ceiling,mold in bathroom , room not swept.didn't have housecleaning on Friday because they said room had been used as storage and no one told them it was being used as a room. Heard there was to be a dangerous snowstorm asked if we could leave a day early said we would pay the full price and forget the discount and was told we had to check with Trip Advisor. They said that because it was a weather problem we could leave if manager agreed. He said no and 2 ladies woke to over a foot of snow and there was no help in getting out. On New Years Eve because of free shuttle there was no place to park when we came back at 2AM.

• Stayed December 2009
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

Hubby and I spent 2 nights in room 107 & we weren't impressed. It's an old hotel and in need of some improvements. Bathroom had been redone but wasn't as clean as I'd like. Wallpaper in room peeling in a few spots. Spotty dusting job.

Positives: Desk clerks were friendly & lots of helpful maps/info about the area in the lobby.
Nice to be away from the busyness of the Falls & Clifton Hill district. Shuttle was convenient going but couldn't get on it after the Wed. fireworks & took a taxi instead.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

Free Wifi,
The room was ok, basic but clean. Had fridge, coffee making facilities, TV (signal not brilliant but who goes to Niagara to watch TV)
The staff were very polite and helpful.
Breakfast choice was limited.
There was a complimentary shuttle bus available to take you to the casino and other attractions but we didn’t use it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed at Super 8, North of the Falls which has a free shuttle bus to and from Clifton Hill and Casinos, they also rent bikes and have a free continental breakfast. There was also a restaurant, The River's Edge, next door which was a bit pricy but good and convenient, we ate dinner there, fish and chips and two beers, it was very good but was almost $40. The room was clean, and large with 2 queen beds although my only complaint was that the tub didn't drain very well and anytime you sat on the toilet or got off it, it bounced back at you. You could see its age, but the linen was clean and the bed comfortable. We didn't stay in the hotel very long and I don't remember seeing a refrigerator so I can't comment about that, the air conditioner was great and it was self controlled. Over all, it was inexpensive. Booked through Travelocity, final cost with taxes $87.64. This is my first time staying at a Super 8 and I was pleasantly suprised, also, the staff seems friendly, check in at 3 check out at 11 although we didn't check out until 11:30 but nothing was said. Side note: We took a cab from the Hill to the hotel twice, once it was $11.75 and the next it was $12.75. We didn't have a car so I don't know if parking was free but it seemed to be. There is also a neat place on that same road, its called Souvenier City, that has large displays and many stores like,glass blowing, a marketplace, chocolate factory, native craft store, really cool, a bit pricy (but everything over there is) and within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel gives you a shuttle card for the shuttle and on it is a 50% discount when shopping there. Also, the free shuttle is shared with some of the other hotels in the area, so if you walk up the street for whatever reason, there is a Days Inn, Hampton Inn, Best Western and many others. All you have to do is catch the shuttle from any of those hotels...its a snap, you don't have to walk all the way back to Super 8.
We did walk up to Simon's News Stand and Coffee for breakfast because it was so highly regarded by others posting here. All I have to say is that Rose and Pat are wonderful but....it was hot inside, it took over an hour for us to have a simple breakfast and Rose kept forgetting stuff. It is a great neighborhood place to eat and everyone seemed to know everyone and they ask you to sign a guest book which was nice. Don't get me wrong, the food was stellar but we just didn't have the time to sit around being as we only had 24 hours for our stay. Sweet Rose is getting on and needs help, she is cooking and serving on her own. The price is right, between $1 and $3 dollars for a meal, the people are great, the food is good, but the place is over run with junk.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

At first, I was skeptical about this hotel, The hotel was nice and clean. There is a small fridge and hair dryer inside the room, very basic cable TV. The staff was friendly. The pool was open but very cold. The best part.... free shuttle to the attractions at Clifton Hill. There is a restaurant rigth next door to the hotel that we didn't like it at all. Best breakfast in Canada at Simon's Restaurant. Never judge a book by its cover, inside it's piled high with bric a brac of anything and everything but this all adds to the atmosphere, best soup and food that I had during my stay at the falls and the service is very homely. Overall the hotel for the price was good, clean and most important close to the attractions, walking distance to the Spanish Whirlpool Aero Car and the Niagara Floral Clock is right behind of the Great Wolf Lodge Water Park Resort . Have fun !!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family