“Do not stay in this place, is horrible”

Niagara Falls Courtside Inn
Ranked #111 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This kind of places do not to be alow to work, we rented two rooms and both were to dirty, they first showed us nice and clean room, but the rooms that they rented us were totaly dirty.

Pictures speaks by it self

You can find better place for same price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank eduardo v
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Courtside Inn

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of their jacuzzi rooms. It was cheap and I expected cheap. What I did not expect was the wet caved in ceiling. Or the inability to contact the front office about it because it was closed after 8pm with no employees on the premises. Also could not contact them because the room had no telephone and my cellphone has no canadian service. There was a door to an adjoining room which obviously wasn't secure because there was a desk without a chair pushed up against it and it was duct taped shut. In the AM when I went to the office to let them know and ask for some sort of compensation for the ridiculous state of the room. The woman was very rude and really didnt care that there was a possible flood in one of the rooms upstairs. I left and immediately called my credit card to double check since now I didn't trust that establishment. Come to find out my receipt and my card were charged two different prices. There was a $160 difference in what they said I paid and what they ran through my card immediately timed for right after I left the hotel. I even called the health department to inform them of the flood and that they didnt seem like they were going to fix it. They didnt. 5 days after when the inspector arrived the ceiling was still wet and the property had been repossessed due to $75,000 in unpaid rent. I have stayed in hotels across canada from Yukon to ontario. This one located int he middle of civilization was enough to make me sick. Do NOT stay here. Even if your room is okay, your bank account may not be.

Room Tip: The people associated with this hotel also own the Fallsview Inn.. the paperwork listed both.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Simple accommodation at affordable price.Not as clean as our homes and no room service, but we've got what we pay . Hopefully, next visit will have a much better a/c as noisy come out when it's on.The pool is not open early in the morning, but still acceptable as the water is clean and also have a nice view.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank joeunt
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I found a good deal for a room at this motel, so we booked it. The location is decent, not far from the falls or the Clifton Hill attractions. The place looked rough on the outside at first glance. Half of the doors were wide open, and an odor eminated from the building. Some shady characters were gathered in front of a few of the rooms (and they were still there hours later when we drove by). We had an event to attend, so we arrived an hour early to see if we could get into our room early and get changed. I would estimate that I'm 10 for 10 in getting early check in at all the other hotels/motels that I've ever requested this. My streak ended here. The woman in the office said that she didn't know if any rooms were ready yet. We asked if we could see a room while we waited. The woman rolled her eyes and said "I don't even know what's open or clean yet!" in a demeaning tone of voice. We walked out of the office and peeked into a couple rooms and decided not to stay. The photos of nice, clean rooms on their website are definitely fake. We had already paid for the night, but it wasn't worth the awful experience we knew we were about to endure. We walked out and paid more for a nicer hotel. I'd recommend going anywhere else but this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jcode8
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We chose this motel at the last moment just a night before arrival (July 2013). It was this or another motel in Saint Catharines that would still be available and accept pets.
The price for a night was huge as for a motel ($240 plus fees/taxes/parking), but we justified that family suite with two rooms, each with two double beds, would give lots of privacy and space for three adults and two kids.

Upon arrival, we were really scared to see how dreadful the motel property was. Pictures from internet do not resemble the room nor motel premises, or were taken 50 years ago when it was newer.
Well where do I start? I remember when I got to the suite I really though to sit down and cry "what we do now, go back home or stay in this hell....my poor little kids in this horrifying place...."

- The hotel was the dirtiest we have ever been to or heard of, and not maintained for years.

- the room smell was horrible - it smelled like alcohol and sweat, although the incredibly noisy AC was on it was very warm inside
- very dark and dingy rooms with two 15W lamps
- the carpets were frayed, gross and damp, stains and pieces of dirt all over
- the sofa in first room smelled as if wet dirty dogs have been sleeping on them since ever
- dirty windows (in first bedroom did not open), too short curtains, all doors (inside/outside) were dirty and scratched
- dirty walls, not painted probably since constructed, covered with scotch tape here and there (leftover from parties I suppose), nail holes and dirty marks
- inches of dust and dirt coating lamps and surfaces
- drawers and furniture dirt-sticky as if covered with maple syrup
- the ice bucket was so dirty inside and dirt stubborn-dried that I could not remove it with a wet towel
- only one TV and remote not working
- AC only in first bedroom. As we came back from supper at 11pm we realized it was not cooling just blowing hot air from outside
- in the second bedroom no AC, a little window 20x20cm (8x8in) and no window net to stop insects
- in both rooms temperature reached 38oC (99F) plus humidity factor, felt like in dirty smelling sauna, we had to half-open entrance door for the night to get fresh air, thanks god dog was with us to protect
- there was nobody at the front desk to assist at that time

- the bathroom was gross: dirty grout and calking, badly stained toilet bowl,
- because of the very tiny bathroom, where one could hardly squeeze in to close the door, the sink was placed in a corner alcove in the first bedroom without any light above it and there was so dark you could not see anything, and drain was constantly plugged so you needed to wait 30 min before next use
- in bathroom did not provide a garbage can and not even a toilet paper holder, just a roll on the back of the toilet, two tiny shampoo pouches, no soap
- provided 2 dinky sized towels (for 5 people) so old you could see through them
- the curtains were barely hanging up on the rail and were disgustingly dirty
- the tub/shower switch did not work properly, you had to "take shower" on your knees from the tub facet

- you could hear every noise from the outside
- did not feel safe, not a family-friendly place, actually not friendly to humans and animals

To summarize: Absolutely disgusting !!! I am shocked that places like this are even allowed to operate in a civilized country...rust, mold, dirt, bad smell, no AC in summer, unsafe and unsanitary. I wish I had read the reviews before booking, they are all very true. We have no words to describe our disappointment and suffering for almost $300/night.
This is a 0 star motel - if possible rebook your travel to stay away from this MOTEL FROM HELL.

Room Tip: in another hotel/motel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Andrzej_Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I found a groupon for this hotel back in 2012.

Pros
- Not a far walk from Niagara Falls
- 50 bucks a night for a relatively touristy location
- Decent beds

Cons
- Hot water didn't work correctly
- Room wasn't cleaned, holes in the walls
- Neighbours had party till 4am and there was no reception staff to tell them to quiet down
- Blinds didn't cover the entire window

Overall, its what you might consider a semi-shabby budget motel where you would simply go to rest your head like something you might see in a movie. If you're OK with this I would go here. Think of it like a single use hostel room with two double beds.

If you want a lot more comfort, I would recommend the Ramada just up the road which is about 40 bucks more a night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Absolutely disgusting !!! I am shocked that places like that are even allowed to operate in a civilized country...rust, mold, used linens and towels. There is no words to describe this place. They tried to double charge my credit card.

• Stayed: July 2013