“Dated magic”

and up
Greg Frewin Wild Magic Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Greg Frewin's "WILD MAGIC" is a family friendly show featuring rare and majestic tigers, large parrots, and never-before-seen illusions which have astounded over a half million guests. Recently coined "THE BEST MAGICIAN IN THE WORLD"- World Magic Awards (Los Angeles). Greg brings his magic review show to the heart of Niagara Falls in his very own 600-seat Las Vegas style dinner theatre. Greg earned his title by winning first place in all the World's top magic competitions, a feat that has never been duplicated. He's appeared on the world's top stages such as The Flamingo Hilton, Caesar's Palace, the Tropicana in Las Vegas, & has been featured in over 50 TV shows worldwide. Enjoy the show and have dinner in our luxurious 600 seat Dinner theatre.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Greg's style of magic is very dated and long winded, the venue is nice though and the staff are lovely and really helpful but don't expect David Blaine, Dynamo or even Penn and Teller - Greg is definitely better at doing a Charlie Sheen impression than magic tricks nowadays!

2  Thank JBEddison
Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)
All reviews
"backstage tour"
in 19 reviews
"orchestra seating"
in 18 reviews
"highly recommend this show"
in 28 reviews
in 18 reviews
"front row"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of spending an evening at the Greg Frewin Magic Show in Niagara Falls, ON. We were able to take advantage of a special offer for Niagara Region residents that was advertised in our local newspaper. With this special deal, we saved a whopping 75% on each ticket!!

Our tickets were for a Friday evening, and we decided to purchase only the show tickets. Rather than spend and extra $25.00 each, plus tax and gratuity, for a buffet we didn't know anything about, we ate our dinner at home beforehand.

The theatre is located on a side street near the top of Clifton Hill, in the heart of the Niagara Falls tourist area. I would recommend that you arrive at the theatre as soon as the doors open if you need to pick up your tickets at the ticket windows. We had ordered ours by telephone, and had to use our credit card as proof of purchase. The line-up at the two windows in the lobby was quite long when we arrived, and I wished we had gotten there earlier. The earlier you arrive before the show, the better your chance of getting good seats. Try to sit near the front edge of your section.

The seating area covers a number of different levels, with a combination of long tables [which point toward the stage] and booths [which face the stage]. Eight people can sit at each long table. The VIP booths are quite spacious and comfortable.. However, the price per person for the booths appeared to be quite expensive, according to the website The tickets go up in price the closer you are to the stage, but seating at the long tables within each section appeared to be on a first-come, first served basis. When you get to the door for your ticket level, there is a hostess who will lead you to an empty seat. The show itself consists of a 45-minute first half, a 15-minute intermission, and another 45-minute second half. Photos and cell phones are NOT allowed in the theatre.

If you're not interested in the buffet dinner, you can buy snacks like candy, popcorn, and nachos in the lobby area. And, there are a variety of drinks available…water, Perrier, pop, coffee, as well as alcoholic drinks like beer and mixed drinks. I can't comment on the food or drinks, as we limited our spending to the show only. The buffet dinner includes one pop or one coffee or one tea…any additional drinks are extra.

Our tickets were for Level 4, and we were lucky to be seated in the front area of this section. Although we sat with strangers, no one blocked the view in front of us, as people in the next section were seated a step or two below us. Our view of the stage was unobstructed. Even though we arrived later than most other people [due to the line-up at the ticket windows], we ended up getting good seats because they appeared to be the last two seats available on this level.
My complaint with the seating is that rather than sit next to each other, couples were seated across from one another. It was awkward trying to talk to each other across the table. And, as the tables and chairs don't face the stage, you'll either need to move your chair when the show starts, or keep your head turned while you watch. I think it would be difficult to see the show properly if you sit right at the back of the theatre.

I have to say…the show was fantastic!! Honestly, how Greg Frewin did some of his feats was beyond comprehension!! He had a dog, three tigers, two parrots, a duck, and several other birds in the show, and this added to the excitement. There was fire and water and swords and a helicopter and card tricks and flashy outfits and talented dancers. The music was upbeat and exciting. However, the volume was much too loud for my ears; I wish I had brought ear plugs! Three large video screens show close-ups of the card tricks…keep your eyes on his hands! Mr. Frewin picks out audience members to participate in the show; so, if this isn't for you, don't buy tickets for Levels 1, 2, or 3!!

As with any Las Vegas-style show, you could spend a fortune on the "extras". The food, the drinks, the merchandise at the gift shop, photos with the tigers after the show, and/or the VIP Package Add-on all add up by the end of the night.

Mr. Frewin has performed in Las Vegas and in other major tourist locales, and his professionalism shows. He's witty and funny as well! There is not a slow moment in this show! I would see this show again, but will wait for the Niagara-residents discount offer if it's offered in the future.

6  Thank GMB54
hapygoluky, General Manager at Greg Frewin Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

GMB54... Let's be honest, the show was slightly shorter than the time it took you to write this review, correct?
Thank you for such an insightful and candid review of your experience here at the theatre! Very much appreciate ALL of your comments (and, I will say... there were a few... lol).
I pretty much think you nailed it, other than the fact that you never got to the "good looking manager" - part. Odd? I hope that you will take us in at our next locals special. YOU are always welcomed here!
From all of us at the theatre... have a great summer!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The magic are usually the ones you see performed on TV which is very common. You must be seated close to the stage (orchestra seat) to appreciate this. We are seated on level 2 (next to the orchestra) but still not as close. Further, the seats are on a first come first served basis but the hostess seat us to the very side of level 2 even though the center seating areas are empty when we arrived. We argued about it but they will say an excuse that the center seat is reserved. Reserved? How come it will be reserved when their policy is on first come first served basis? Then we realized it is because one of Greg's magic is that he will disappear on the stage and reappear at that central seating area. I find the show and the theater so-so, nothing extraordinary that will amaze you. The price paid-- I don't think its worth it.

2  Thank edgartraveller
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I went to the Caverners show this past Friday night as part of a customer appreciation event from my financial planner. I just thought it was spectacularly done, the way they tied in the history with some TV shows and commercials and did costume changes to reflect the time period was awesome. I didn't expect that. I did expect great music and good singing and that did not dissapoint. Each performer sang songs and all had terrific voices. Our seating was on the 3rd level and I have no complaints. I would choose a booth if you have a choice as that way everyone can face the stage (as opposed to tables where people sit sideways to the stage). They have waitresses to serve you drinks throughout the show as well. I'd say get there early as parking was at a premium, free but not enough of it. We ended up parking on the street right behind the theatre and that ended up to be a good spot. We got there about 25 minutes prior to the show. I would recommend it. Enjoy. I may try the actual magic show next time as I have heard nothing but good things about that as well.

1  Thank schamber21
hapygoluky, General Manager at Greg Frewin Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

5-STAR RATING! WE LOVE YOU... YEAH YEAH YEAH! And, with a love like that, you know it can't be bad!
Thank you for such kind words! We look forward to entertaining you in the future with our magic production... and maybe try one of our booths, as I think you may find that to be less Helter Skelter.