“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #9 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Longmont, Colorado
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the first couple of nights of our honeymoon and were highly impressed. We want to reiterate all the previous positive reviews and comments about the delicious breakfasts and hospitality of the hosts. We really enjoyed our stay in the Prince of Wales Suite - especially having our breakfast brought to our room and being able to enjoy it on the attached balcony.

The location is walking distance to the Falls and to the Queen Street district where we had a great dinner at the recommended Paris Crepes Cafe.

We would highly encourage anyone visiting the area to try to stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I've never been to a B & B and wanted a nice way of celebrating out third wedding anniversary. After doing some research and reading some reviews we chose Park Place. It’s a very beautiful home. The exterior of the building is unique, which iis one of the reason't why we chose it It has a large wrap around front lawn with lots of plants/flowers and a few water features.

We stayed in the Prince of Wales suite, the room was big and had a very masculine feel to. The room came with a larger bathroom, it had a Jacuzzi, sauna, and his and her sinks. It also has a private balcony overlooking the rear of the house.

The King size bed was very inviting and comfortable, which was very importation as my wife is pregnant. We were able to just get away and relax. I just remember the room being very quiet, even though its right off River Rd. Both mornings we had breakfast in our room, it was delicious, filling but not too heavy. Try the stuffed French toast and the muffins.

Both Carolyn and Gary were just wonderful, they answered all our questions and even recommended great place for dinner ‘Paris Café’. We will be going back to Park Place..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first time staying at any bed and breakfast, ever. We were unsure what to expect. Now that we have stayed at Park Place Bed & Breakfast, this is the way we are going to travel from now on!

Park Place had all the convenience of a hotel, in that our room (the Queen Anne suite) had it's own entrance, so that we could come and go at any hour that we pleased. We also had our own bath, which I might add, was one of the most luxurious bathrooms of any place we have ever stayed. Gary remodeled the bedroom and bathroom himself, with spectacular results. The pictures do not do it justice.

Besides being a beautiful home to stay in, you will have every attention to detail taken care of by your hosts. They have thought of everything for you, before you even have to ask. But if you do have questions, ask away, as they are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and will assist you the best they can with any special requests and suggestions.

One of my favorite things was the ability to have breakfast delivered to our room. We like to take our time getting ready in the morning when we are on vacation, and it was so nice to sleep in and not have to get dressed early for breakfast. The food was delivered on a tray outside our room, and there was a bell rung to let us know it was there. Service was never intrusive and we had complete privacy to enjoy our breakfast and enjoy our luxurious room. I might add that our breakfast was delicious. I recommend the stuffed French Toast, and be sure to also try the muffins and the croissants. The muffins are made in house, and the croissants come from a bakery but were served warm and were flaky and delicate as they should be. They were accompanied by local made Greaves jam, which in itself is a delicacy that you must try.

We are so glad we stayed at Park Place Bed & Breakfast and hope that we can return again before too long. It was a real pleasure and was one of the highlights of our visit to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake.

Room Tip: I do not know about the other rooms, but we stayed in the Queen Ann. Look at the pictures online to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was wonderful place with most careful, hospitable and helpful hosts. My thanks are beyond words. The hosts cared for my every need and did their best to make me feel home. Carolyn told me interesting stories about her recent holiday. On top of excellent breakfasts, Carolyn gave me a muffin and croissant so that I could eat them when I felt hungry. Park Place is conveniently located near bus stops and there are restaurants nearby. The room was large and my bed was big and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends if they go to Niagara Falls. If I revisit the Falls, it must be due to my happy memory at Park Place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Noel L
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the B&B. Our whole family went. All of the rooms were fantastic, and the breakfasts were outstanding. We had breakfast as a family in the dining room. The stuffed french toast was very good. Carolyn and Gary were great hosts and were very accommodating to our needs. We highly recommend Park Place Bed and Breakfast, and we would most definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Our trip started out a little rough since our flight to Buffalo was cancelled due to a snowstorm. I called Gary & Carolyn on Wednesday, March 12th in the morning to notify them and we were on a standby flight. Later that day all flights to Buffalo were cancelled but we were ably to fly out the next day. I called Carolyn and the room was still available so we arrived on Thursday, March 13th. They were so understanding.

Gary greeted us and showed us to our room, The Queen Ann Suite. He explained how everything worked. He told us he could book a reservation at various restaurants. We picked Canyon Creek and he also called a cab for us.

As we walked into Canyon Creek we were talking amongst ourselves about the reservation being under our name or Gary's. The hostess heard Gary's name and confirmed our reservation and mentioned what a pleasant couple they are. They were very speedy and gave us a table with a view of the falls. We had dinner and went back to the B&B. I took advantage of the bathtub. It was amazing! The heated floors are a huge plus. The room was nice and warm. Being from sunny L.A. We thought we might be chilly but that was not the case. I loved the doorbell to notify us that our breakfast was ready. Breakfast was delicious!

This was our first time staying at a B&B. My husband was a little hesitant at first but was very pleased in the end. After all those cancellations it was nice to spend a night in a cozy room. Gary, Carolyn and Brandy the dog were so sweet!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Midland, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I traveled with my wife to Niagara Falls in March for a business meeting. Park Place was conveniently located near the old downtown and directly across the road from the magnificent Niagara Gorge. There was ample parking for my truck right at the door!

After a long drive, Gary and Carolyn were welcoming hosts who sat and shared coffee and conversation with us. They described their over 30-year love affair with the yellow-brick mansion. The Burke’s are only the third owner of this amazing 130-year-old mansion built by one of Niagara’s prominent founders. The finishing and attention to detail in restoring, maintaining and enhancing the character of the home is evident in every room. They are continually updating and modernizing, without jeopardizing the original character of the house.

All the bedrooms are spacious with king-size, four-poster beds. The bathrooms are huge with heated floors and a Jacuzzi tub as a centrepiece. The tub in our room faced an environmentally friendly and safe fireplace to augment the romantic setting.

We were the only mid-week guests at Park Place so we had a relaxed breakfast with Gary and Carolyn in the dining room - all exquisitely prepared with attention to every detail.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we wanted to book for the following night, but they were booked from Wednesday right through the weekend! So call and book early so you can experience the hospitality of the owners and the historic charm of the surroundings.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious, clean and quiet..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business