“Amazing afternoon!”

Bird Kingdom All Day Admission Ticket
Ranked #10 of 145 things to do in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take an unforgettable journey through the world’s largest indoor, free-flying aviary! Experience the enchanting splendor of the Lost Kingdom where guests have unique opportunities to interact with spectacular birds and animals from around the world in our accessible, multilevel rainforest. A soaring adventure for the whole family!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As soon as my 6 year old and I walked into the Bird Kingdom we were greeted by beautiful birds and a wonderful greeter! My son loved that the birds and reptiles were out in the open and that we could touch animals that we otherwise would never get an opportunity to interact with! The employees showed great care and knowledge about all the birds and reptiles! The main aviary was amazing! It was like walking into a hidden paradise . The look of astonishment on my sons face was priceless! We also really enjoyed the kids scavenger hunt that was included . We learned Lots and enjoyed the afternoon thoroughly. We would (and will) definitely go again!

1  Thank DaneenME
Write a ReviewReviews (2,867)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"other attractions"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was an unexpected pleasure. Although we noticed mice in the small bird exhibit, the large aviary more than made up for it. We spent a long time watching the Egyptian fruit bats in the nocturnal exhibit. They were adorable, with one posing as Stellaluna for the entire visit. Though most people were creeped out by them, we found them to be cute and social. But we were blown away by the aviary. The birds are accustomed to people, and I was easily able to navigate with my walker. Throughout the levels, there were interesting and colorful birds. The ducks seemed to bond with my son, while my husband was impressed by the ibises. I found the lorikeets deafening, but I really enjoyed the rest of it. The fact that there are still portions of the museum that existed before was a plus as well.

1  Thank Batfan25
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my second trip back to Bird Kingdom and it was a lot of fun. It's not a typical tourist-trap venue, but offers some great close-up interaction with all kinds of birds. We were able to "talk" to some of the resident parrots and listen as they talked back! The bat exhibit is pretty cool. Most impressive is the giant aviary, complete with water-fall! We paid $2 to feed the lorikeets and I ended up purchasing the picture which was about $12 for two 4x6". We were able to finish the self-guided tour in about 2 hours. There is a small restaurant on the premises and a nice gift shop. Parking was $3/hour in they're little parking garage. Pre-purchase your admission tickets from the website to save some money, or look for coupons in the tourist brochures around Niagara Falls.

2  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful way to spend a few hours. Such an eclectic place. Much more than I expected. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank ivyjayne
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We loved, loved the Bird Kingdom. We enjoyed this the most of all the attractions. We did most of them! The birds are beautiful. We had our photo taken with 2 big beautiful Macows. The building is very clean. The birds look well taken care of. the one toucan looked a little sad but all the birds seemed content. So many gorgeous birds!! Must do! If I ever return to NF- I will do this again without a doubt. It's not a whole day event, and you can slide it in when you are tired of being out in the sun!

2  Thank Clooneydog