Ways to Experience Niagara Glen Nature Areas
from US$140.35
More Info
from US$148.94
More Info
All reviews great hike hiking trails rock formations huge boulders beautiful scenery gorge hiked picnic bouldering terrain niagara trees rugged shoes fall
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2016

An amazing chunk of almost unspoiled nature along the side of the cataracts below the Falls. Well worth a walk on a hot day as it's cooler and shadier (and much less busy) than the surrounding commercial tourist traps

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places in the world because it's got so many trails and things to see. When you go down there it's like your in a whole different biosphere. Been there many times in the past would recommend to anyone who can handle all the ups and downs and stairs.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Anyone travelling to Niagara Falls should take some time to visit Niagara Glen and other areas of Niagara River from Fort Erie to Niagara on the Lake. Take a self guided tour and stop at your convenience.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 6 September 2016

This hike makes you realize how out of shape you are. Really! Wear good tennis shoes, no sandal's.and take your time.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

My husband and I have been to the nature areas three times now. Its very nice to walk through but it is certainly for people who are in shape and do not have walking problems. I wouldn't suggest elderly people or young children hiking down.

The hike starts off down 5-6 flights of see through metal stairs - not a great start for someone who has a fear of heights. Once down the stairs you can go 1 of 2 directions. There is a map at the top of the stairs that I suggest taking a photo of because when we got down there we forgot what colour path we wanted to take!

Its very nice and breezy walking through the woods and great scenery along the blue path at the river. You can watch the jet boat go back and forth through the rapids.

I couldn't help but laugh at the many women coming down the trail in skirts and dresses with sandals on. Its NOT a path for that type of attire and I strongly suggest a good pair of shoes, as the rocks are often slippery.

We often seen amateur rock climbers, so I presume its a good spot to try that out too. Overall, its a great hiking location that we will keep coming back to.

1  Thank Delaney77