“Great Family Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
NY
“Great Family Getaway”
Reviewed 22 November 2007

This was our 2nd stay at the GWL and we had another wonderful experience. Our kids are in complete heaven while we are there. It's difficult to get them to leave for meals. There are a few food options at GWL but be prepared to spend a lot of money for o.k. food. We went to the breakfast buffet and my husband reminded me that my meal cost 14.99 plus tax while I was eating a bowl of cereal with some fruit. There are plenty of great breakfast options at the buffet but definitely not worth the price, we obviously paid for the convenience of eating there...oh well, it's vacation! The water park during our stay was not crowded at all as we stayed mid week during Thanksgiving(US). Since this is not a holiday in Canada at this time there were virtually no lines to wait to get onto the slides. It was awesome. We plan to return again next November and make this our family Thanksgiving tradition until our kids are too old to want to go.

• Liked — Water Park
  • Disliked — price of food
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Lynforde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2007

Our second time here, and loved it. The good:
- very family oriented, caters to kids of all ages
- food is reasonable for a family resort
- 1 bedroom suite was a good size for 7 of us
- staff in the Cub Club was outstanding
- everyone working there that we met was incredibly helpful
- wristband system for room charging and keys is great
- easy to get to, and near to other Niagara Falls attractions

the bad:
- lineups for the waterslides can get long in a hurry
- ask for a room near the elevators or it could be a long walk to the action
- heater in the room way too loud

• Liked — family friendly
  • Disliked — room heater noise
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Evan4120
Niagra
Reviewed 9 November 2007

I went With my family and we loved it!!
i loved everything the Heaters wernt loud which everyOne says..
we stayed in the " Kids Cabin Suite" Now let me tell yea..
It was suite!!! The washroom had a big mirror !! liked that
THE ONE PROBLEM IS:
If you have like 11 or 12 year olds then they might not like the sheets ** i hated the sheets** they were thin like you were stuck in a narrow box! for little kids its alright.
But besides anything els it was awsome!
i got the Plasma t.v in my kids cabin!! woah!! it was so much fun
NOW THE WATERPARK!!
Loved the waterpark
IF YOU LOVE ROLLER COASTERS THEN COME HERE THEY HAVE A ROLLER COASTER WATERSLIDE AND NO HUGE LINE UPS!!! AWSOME STUFF RIGHT THERE!!
and u can climb random stuff
theres outdoor pool
and theres a family waterslide for like 3 or 4 people
Thanks for listaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank CandyGirl10
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2007

Ok, this place even impressed me! The ambience is magical. My 9 and 6 year old were thrilled when they walked into The Great Wolf Lodge. The were gobsmacked! The look on their faces will stay in my mind forever!
Check-in was a breeze. Quick, courteous, and informative. We reserved on-line through the hotel website and got a fantastic rate!
Our room was immaculately clean. (I'm a clean freak and this place passed my test!) Your door opens magnetically with your wristband so you don't have to carry a card or anything. AND, you can charge anything to your room using your wristband. Adults only unless you specify your kids can do it. The beds were cozy and there were extra pillows...nice! Our room was furnished with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker. I brought alot of breakfast stuff and snacks, so we really didn't have to eat at the hotel. We did buy a pizza and wings from the Pizza Hut which was not great and SUPER expensive, and not to complain but the girl who was working seemed miserable and a bit rude:( Smile, there's people around! The other cafes and restaurants were ok. The buffet was $14.99 for adults and $7.99 for kids. We didn't do it, we usually went out.
The 8:00 pm storytime is great for the kids. They really enjoyed it. The Cub Club is awesome too. My kids did arts and crafts and a colouring contest (everyone wins)! The staff in the Cub Club are awesome. The Trading Post store is nice too. The prices aren't too bad, but some things were expensive.
Ok...The Waterpark...Holy Cow! My kids had a blast (so did my husband). There are so many waterslides and wading pools, and hottubs, and big and small will have fun. There are plenty of lounge chairs, and towels are available. Lockers are free, you use your wristband to open them.The waterpark is available to you even after you check out!
The arcade was really fun. The prizes are really good too, not like some places, you need 200 tickets for a pencil. My kids ended up with dinosaurs and iguanas and playing cards and a whole bunch of other things.
The Spa looked great, not busy, but we didn't take advantage of it...next time for sure.
I'd say, I would stay here again if I got the room at the rate I did ($149.99 internet special) I don't know if I would spend full price as their regular prices are very expensive for 1 night or 2 for that matter. I think if you can swing it, everyone should bring their kids here once just to let loose and enjoy.
One little pet peeve I have is the common areas like the hallways and lobby were freezing! It was uncomfortable if you didn't have a sweater or coat.
Great Wolf Lodge really lived up to our expectations!

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank cubamyheart
Toronto
Reviewed 30 October 2007

I stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls this past weekend and was very impressed. My expectations were high based on feedback from friends so I was coming in with the bar set high. From the time I pulled into the parking lot to check out it was clear that a great deal of time had been invested in making things run smoothly and the staff selected not only for their friendly demeanor and but also their commitment to customer service, all combining to making sure my stay was a pleasant one.
Certainly this is a case where it is the things that you don't notice that make all the difference. The entire facility and the rooms were spotless which is quite an achievement given that it is a family destination rather than a place to spend the night. Just think of the potential for crumbs, spilled juice and chaos that comes with a hotel catering to young families.
The rooms were large and well planned with comfortable furniture. Again, they were very clean.
The hotel was nearly sold out this particular weekend but it did not seem overwhelmed or crowded, in fact I think there were sufficient numbers to make some of the children's events/evening entertainment more fun based on bigger crowd and energy.

I would not hesitate to recommend to others.

• Liked — Customer service and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Long walk to the room
  • Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Abeyoyo
Toronto
Reviewed 30 October 2007

This was our second trip to the Great Wolf Lodge and in the year since we were last there the place has gone from very good to great. I still can not believe how good the indoor waterpark is. The whole resort is geared to kids of all ages and the mood of everyone there is very positive (guests actually say hi to one another in the elevators and hallways!). The food, which was disappointing on our first visit, has improved a lot and the buffet is excellent. All the staff tries and fore the most part succeed in making your time at GWL as pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone with kids looking for a highly entertaining and fun filled holiday.
John M, Toronto

Stayed October 2007
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 10 October 2007

We traveled to Niagara Falls for our summer vacation in June. We decided to stay at the Great Wolf Lodge for our two boys for two nights. It's not cheap but it's well worth the $$$. It wasn't crowded during mid-week when we arrived either. We LOVED IT. It was the best time we had while we were in Canada.

The hotel is beautiful! Very well maintained, clean and comfortable. The rooms are large and well appointed; we got great sleep there. The balcony is really nice to relax on. The food was really good and the arcade was huge. Almost every employee we encountered was friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. The indoor water park was AWESOME. The only staff we encountered that were rude, were the young girls/lifeguards in the water park. They seemed annoyed to load us on the slides but we just ignored them. And, the food/drinks are pretty expensive but at least it was all tasty & good! The outdoor pool was really nice and we loved the freedom we had to chill out while our boys played all day on the slides. We should of stayed there the whole trip instead of moving on to Embassy Suites for a fallsview room.

My youngest son (9) cried when we left the lodge! He is actually still wearing his arm band, since June and it's now October! That shows his love of the lodge. He liked it better than the Nick Hotel in Orlando that has the outdoor water slides.

We would all like to return there and wish there was a Great Wolf Lodge located somewhere in the southern U.S. We all highly recommend The Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara.

• Liked — The Waterpark
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank melissa40