We have just returned from Great Wolf Lodge - Dec 16-18. We are a family of 5 - two adults, a teen and 6 year old and a 2 month old. We decided this year instead of presents at Christmas, we'd take the kids to Great Wolf Lodge for some amazing family memories.
Check in was great. Quick and to the point. We arrived early and had enough time to tour the location before our room was ready - we waited approx. 1 hr to get our room. We right away noticed that this place was a kids playground - they got to run the show, it was great!
Room - was the average simple room. We had lots of space, the fridge and microwave came in handy. Most importantly it was clean and located somewhat away from the main entrance. The main entrance, staircase is very busy, I would recommend being as far away as possible if you don't want noise.
Service was amazing. All staff from maintenance crew to food servers were respectful and pleasant. They treated our kids very well - they made it all about them.
MagiQuest game - whoever came up with this game is a genius. For $50 your child receives a magic wand and a book of quests. These quests are to be carried out all over the lodge. Example - find the three fairies. They were located all over the lodge, and once found them you waved your wand at them and they'd light up. My kids spent hours playing this game. It was very cool to see kids in their pj's running around the lodge as wizards, exploring quests.
Food was average to good. We tried the buffet for all meals - they were quality meals - ribs, fajitas, salad etc but I didn't find there was a lot of selection. For $22 a person for dinner, I expected a little more. The snack shop food was average - fries/burgers etc...
The pizza (delivery to your room - great) was horrible - it seemed it was under a heating lamp for hours, very dry. I would not recommend it. Pizza at buffet was great.
Waterpark/Arcade - was a good time. Both my teen and 6 yr old had lots to do. Facility was clean, and fun. I would recommend more seating at waterpark. If you showed up at 9am (opening) you could get seats, but if you showed up anytime after 10am - ALL chairs/tables etc were taken. Makes it somewhat hard when you've got little ones that cannot enjoy the facilities as much and you need space to hang out.
Security - here is where our trip went from amazing to really bad fast. We were lucky to get parking for our 2006 Chevy Tahoe approx. 15-20 parking spaces away from the front entrance (front row). It was also just outside our balcony to our room - what a score I thought. Each day - we'd look out the window and see the truck. We only had to visit the truck once to get items. On Wed morning (up with our 2 month old at 4am) my husband noticed the truck was gone. After thinking we might be going nuts and my husband running outside to investigate - it was confirmed our truck was STOLEN! We notified the staff right away who were diligent in calling the police to report. Security guard (there is one) stated he saw nothing. I am hoping but it was never confirmed - that they have security cameras, that could maybe at least show the "robber". Police report was filed and we asked the resort to please give us some extra time (as we were to check out at 11) to get rental car (we live approx. 2.5 hrs away) and get insurance in order. They were more than happy to help - they extended our stay for the day. Once we found out we couldn't get a rental vehicle until later that day, we asked for a complimentary lunch - it was given.
While I found the staff helpful when asked (management kept saying - anything you need just let us know), I didn't feel they went out of their way to make things better. We had to ask for lunch, we had to ask for an extention. We totally understand this could have happened anywhere, and that company policy was probably not to accept blame, but I expected the staff/management to offer something to make our stay better - to bend over backwards as our $20,000 vehicle was stolen from their property. We didn't ask for much (as we were busy keeping kids happy and not seeing mom and dad panicked, getting insurance to help, tracking down a rental car when everyone was sold out etc) but I kind of expected they would offer a return visit complimentary to help rebuild our memories of a christmas vacation gone horrible or maybe reimburse some of our current stay.
While my kids had a great time, it was very expensive, we had our vehicle stolen, and we didn't feel the resort tried to help make up for our loss - we are not greedy people and understand they couldn't help with our expensive vehicle being stolen but the least they could do is make it seem like they were sorry and wanted our business again. We will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls