“Every Year our "Family Must Do Trip"!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Fairport, New York
“Every Year our "Family Must Do Trip"!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our fourth year going to GWL and it never gets old. Love the Spa - I've done it all over the years and have never had a bad service (this year did the sugar scrub - wow!). The water park is always a blast, the kids are in there from when it opened until it closes. It is worth spending the extra to get the larger suite. It's nice to have a little extra room and privacy from the kids. The breakfast bar Island and bar stools make a great spot to eat: so you can keep the cost down by bring some drinks, breakfast, fruit & veggies & snack food for the room. Although the food in the water park is a great way to go too. GO & HAVE FUN!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathryn A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Food was good, could have provided sanitizer to customers using the buffet. There is a lot of people in this hotel and many of them are children. The kids had their little fingers in everything. I also thought the place was over crowded. Too many people everywhere. My three girls ages 2,4 and 6 we're not able to share story time or any of the games/activities throughout the day as the bigger kids would take over.. My 4 year old ended up getting the flu on the last night and they made us rush out at our checking time. My daughter was still throwing up while we were leaving. Probably won't return anytime soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tamster7
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 February 2014

When I booked it I was certain the kids would enjoy it, what I didn't expect was how much my husband and I would love it! We were able just to sit back and watch the kids have fun. It was an excellent trip and surprisingly relaxing. Not as many people in the morning and the very end of May it didn't seem crowded. We were able to enjoy everything. The only thing that could be better for the price is what the rooms looked like inside. Looked a little cheap, but we usually stay at higher end hotels so I may be picker. At least it was very clean!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is our 3rd time staying at the Great Wolf Lodge. This is probably going to be a yearly tradition for our family. The waterpark is huge and they have a great arcade and a small bowling alley. You need to take a break from the waterpark because of the chlorine. That is my only complaint is that they have to use so much chlorine that it makes your skin crawl. We brought special skin cream this year and it really helped with that. Otherwise, I really recommend you visit Great Wolf at least once. You won't regret it.

1 Thank John M
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great Wolf Lodge is a Perfect Place for a Family Vacation!
The waterpark is great for all ages.
The buffet is delicious, with something for everyone.
We bought a Paw Pass this time...it had a lot of great deals!
Loved the late check out!
Kids loved the new bowling alley and the arcade.
The kids can't wait to go back!

1 Thank WhiskeyWizer
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We went overnight from a Friday to a Saturday. There were a LOT of people. I likened the clientele to cruise type people.
Check-in was fine except for the fact that they advertise "Going Green" but the front desk clerk emphasized the need for a "hard-copy" of my wagjag coupon.

The waterpark was immense and the kids thoroughly enjoyed (3.5/6.5). The place was freezing. The windows don't seem to be insulated so when you walk by it's quite cold.
I was told to come prepared with food, which we did for the kids, but there aren't many healthy options. I was surprised by the reasonable cost for food and even merchandise.

The kids had fun at the Arcade and there were enough games for both ages.

I liked that wristbands were your room keys, you don't have to worry about losing the key and the kids can open the door.

Our room was one of the cheaper ones I guess because it was two double beds. The kids were very close to us so they didn't go to sleep as readily as hoped.
A baby cried in the middle of the night but it's to be expected since this place is all about family. However, I wouldn't recommend bringing a child younger than 3.

Overall, I accepted it for the kids and they had a blast. We will probably go back with another groupon on wagjag.
It's a fun getaway that's not too far and the kids have fun.

Room Tip: 4th floor is probably best. Look for rooms that include a sectioned off area for the kids.
1 Thank TL75
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our stay at Great Wolf Lodge was amazing!! My 3 year old loved Scoops Spa :)The girls treated her like a Princess! Big Thanks to Linda and Jen. Lacey had so much fun! MagiQuest was tons of fun and she loved Cub Club. We purchased the Little Miss Great Wolf Lodge and Paw Pass packages and were so happy we did. My daughters best memory is Wiley coming to our room and playing with her and taking pictures :) We stayed in the Family Fireplace Suite and it was clean and very comfortable and ready by 2pm when we arrived. Food was excellent and the staff was amazing! We are local and will be coming back soon :) Perfect Family Getaway!!

• Stayed February 2014