“So Much Fun!!!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Visited for the first time in Feb, 2014. It was so much fun! My kids had a blast and so did I. We got the kids cabin room, it was so spacious it was just awesome. We had a gas fireplace which was so nice to have.
They had this magic quest game where you buy a wand and the quest and go around the hotel finding things to complete your quest! Super fun but.......extremely pricey. 2 kids, 2 wands, 2 quests $120.00..ouch! There
Now the hotel was crazy busy , kids running everywhere with wands so you have to have a lot of patience.
Food is price. There is only one restaurant and you can only get buffet at it, that is pricey. The food at the buffet, some of it was really great and some mediocre, better than most buffets. There is a pizza place which was much better priced, although the pizza is very dry, was able to feed the 4 of us for $22.00.
The slides are the best part, and it's not to big, so if you let your kids run around a bit you shouldn't loose them :)
Con...drunk people at the water park, not cool in a kids atmosphere.
Con.... There were some really pushy adults. There were these 3 adults there without kids, and they were budding in line, it was really weird, not quite sure why they would be at a hotel with all kids.
One more Con- it says on the site the pools are heated to 84 degrees, uh sure didn't feel like it. The pool water is chilly and so is the air in the watermark.
Other than that all in all had a great time with the kids and definitely hope to return next year.
Almost forgot, the staff is absolutely amazing!!!! Staff service gets 5 stars. I can't say ever in my life have I had such great service overall. Front desk, lifeguards, cleaning staff, everyone was awesome. This lodge is doing something very right with their staff, I cant emphasize enough on the great service, which in this day and age seems very rare anymore.

3  Thank Janet J

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I hope this is not a sign for our upcoming trip to Disney in the fall. Way way too expensive. We were warned long lines, bad food, and average hotel...we found just that. Terrible bed, little pillows very uncomfortable. Could they put the TV on the wall so we could see it. I think they make the room so uncomfortable so you spend more time and therefore more money in the lodge. Everything had a price and expensive price. I paid $15.99 for a buffet that my kid ate nothing. Not a bite but she was there so had to pay. I was very disappointed. The trip ended with a kid taking a poop in the kids wading pool. Perfect!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Great facility and friendly staff but unfortunately the water and air temperature in the water park is too low. Everyone is walking around with their arms crossed, shivering.

I also wish they would enforce a their own rule with regard to people leaving their stuff at tables all day. Abandoned trays of food on the tables, piles of running shoes underneath, and heaps of used towels are quite an eyesore, not to mention rather unsanitary.

The arcade is great fun and you can actually win something decent without spending a fortune.

Room is equipped with a fridge, microwave, and safe, which is great. Placement of the TV is awkward for viewing from the couch.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank kataboon
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our fourth year going to GWL and it never gets old. Love the Spa - I've done it all over the years and have never had a bad service (this year did the sugar scrub - wow!). The water park is always a blast, the kids are in there from when it opened until it closes. It is worth spending the extra to get the larger suite. It's nice to have a little extra room and privacy from the kids. The breakfast bar Island and bar stools make a great spot to eat: so you can keep the cost down by bring some drinks, breakfast, fruit & veggies & snack food for the room. Although the food in the water park is a great way to go too. GO & HAVE FUN!

2  Thank Kathryn A
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Food was good, could have provided sanitizer to customers using the buffet. There is a lot of people in this hotel and many of them are children. The kids had their little fingers in everything. I also thought the place was over crowded. Too many people everywhere. My three girls ages 2,4 and 6 we're not able to share story time or any of the games/activities throughout the day as the bigger kids would take over.. My 4 year old ended up getting the flu on the last night and they made us rush out at our checking time. My daughter was still throwing up while we were leaving. Probably won't return anytime soon.

1  Thank tamster7
Reviewed 13 February 2014

When I booked it I was certain the kids would enjoy it, what I didn't expect was how much my husband and I would love it! We were able just to sit back and watch the kids have fun. It was an excellent trip and surprisingly relaxing. Not as many people in the morning and the very end of May it didn't seem crowded. We were able to enjoy everything. The only thing that could be better for the price is what the rooms looked like inside. Looked a little cheap, but we usually stay at higher end hotels so I may be picker. At least it was very clean!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is our 3rd time staying at the Great Wolf Lodge. This is probably going to be a yearly tradition for our family. The waterpark is huge and they have a great arcade and a small bowling alley. You need to take a break from the waterpark because of the chlorine. That is my only complaint is that they have to use so much chlorine that it makes your skin crawl. We brought special skin cream this year and it really helped with that. Otherwise, I really recommend you visit Great Wolf at least once. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family