We visited GWL in Niagara over the march break, and I think I would echo some of the recent feedback, like taking a cooler with food and beverages. However, I will say this, the food in the restaurant (at least dinner) was really good. Furthermore, the Chef personally came to our table when we mentioned our daughter's allergies, and she walked us through every food station. A big shout-out to the restaurant staff!!!
If you are with young kids, you'll want to wander up to story time in the lobby a good 20 minutes before 8PM, to get a good seat (on the floor).
The water was a little on the cool side, so I strongly recommend taking GWL's advice, and bring a cover-up or robe for your kids, or do what we did, and wander over to the kid friendly hot (warm) tub ever 30 minutes to warm up.
Really the only down side of our stay, is that we didn't sleep much the first night. The people above us were running around until about 3 AM, jumping yelling, etc. I think the hotel is made of all wood construction (and not concrete), and as such, it sounded like they were coming through the ceiling. So, my advice - if you have a choice, pick a higher room, with fewer people above you.
Otherwise, a great time was had by all. Thanks GWL, and an even bigger Thank You to your Chef's, who went above and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls