“Solid value for $'s”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We visited GWL in Niagara over the march break, and I think I would echo some of the recent feedback, like taking a cooler with food and beverages. However, I will say this, the food in the restaurant (at least dinner) was really good. Furthermore, the Chef personally came to our table when we mentioned our daughter's allergies, and she walked us through every food station. A big shout-out to the restaurant staff!!!

If you are with young kids, you'll want to wander up to story time in the lobby a good 20 minutes before 8PM, to get a good seat (on the floor).

The water was a little on the cool side, so I strongly recommend taking GWL's advice, and bring a cover-up or robe for your kids, or do what we did, and wander over to the kid friendly hot (warm) tub ever 30 minutes to warm up.

Really the only down side of our stay, is that we didn't sleep much the first night. The people above us were running around until about 3 AM, jumping yelling, etc. I think the hotel is made of all wood construction (and not concrete), and as such, it sounded like they were coming through the ceiling. So, my advice - if you have a choice, pick a higher room, with fewer people above you.

Otherwise, a great time was had by all. Thanks GWL, and an even bigger Thank You to your Chef's, who went above and beyond.

Cheers,
Brian

Room Tip: higher floors...are better...less floor noise
There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a great time in Wolf Lodge over the March break. Great spacious room - kids had a great time in the water work. I would highly recommend it. Although the water was a bit cold - but the kids overall did have a great time! We will book a return here soon!

1  Thank VermaToronto
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a great time at GWL. We were in a loft suite. Great layout for a family stay. Loft was great for grandma and grandpa! My grandson had a blast. Food plan and selection was awesome! I only have one complaint .....our room could have used new mattresses! The pullout was in terrible shape!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

While this place is no Kalihari (which is an awesome place), if you want to treat the kids but stay on the happy side of $500, this is your getaway. Either buy the mealplan or go to the grocery store with a cooler. The pizzas take 4 EVER, and feeding the family at the burger and fry places will bankrupt you. We've been several times and not gotten sick, but prepping and serving food in an area that humid and filled with stagnant air just seems like a loaded craps game. My only gripe is how often the adult indoor/outdoor hot tub is broken. Seriously, open a second one! Its the only escape we have!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful! It has everything u need to have a great family vacation! Kid friendly. Lots of stuff to do in the waterpark and outside of the waterpark too! The rooms are really great with their theme and also the restaurants too! Great wolf lodge is the place to be!

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank PhotoPage
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Not even a fair comparison. If a winter retreat and waterparks are your goal, Great Wolf Lodge wins hands down!

The waterpark for GWL feels bigger, and seems to have more things for the kids and my fav was the adult outdoor hot tub. I think the slides were steeper at Fallsview but my money is with GWL.

Food, get the inclusive plan. If you don't plan of leaving the facility it was great value for us. More variety and options at Sheraton, but I was pretty happy with the selection and quality of food at GWL.

Rooms, geared to kids. So they loved GWL. I liked Sheraton more, but the camp theme at GWL really does work.

Service was outstanding at GWL and we would go again in a heartbeat! Max is 3 days.....

Would highly recommend the Paw Pass.

1  Thank mklsim
Reviewed 12 March 2014

great wolf lodge was the best trip of my life I loved It so much I returned a second time. great wolf lodge is worth the money and the wait. :-) there was pen all over the walls in my room and there wasn't lots of room in the beds they were to small

Room Tip: I went with the wolf den and it had pen all over the walls and the beds where tiny
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family