“my sons 9th birthday trip”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #4 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We went for my sons 9th bday with another couple. There were 4 boys between 8-10
I don't much get in the water. But I spent plenty of time on the slides here. The outside adults only hot tub was a nice break for the eyes.
My son loves wizards and Harry potter so I never thought we would get out of there with out spending a fortune on those wands. But he was so busy he never even asked. Yay pocket book.
Kids loved it. I loved it. Will go back.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Melissa F
Write a ReviewReviews (6,822)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have been to Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls,ON three times and have had a blast at this amazing indoor waterpark. First of all, the second you see the place from the outside you start to get excited and when you walk in you get even more excited!!! Since the place is called “Great Wolf Lodge” you would assume that the place looks like a lodge and it does!!! The entire place is decorated like a lodge with logs,bears, antler chandeliers and a GIANT talking bear, moose and a tree that you can talk to.

Every time I went, the rooms were amazing by their size and look. The rooms had a mini safe, fridge and depending on the size one or two washrooms with everything you would need. The first time I went I was going with a lot of people so we got a really big room and our room has something that I have never seen before because I normally do not go with many people. Our room had a second level with another closet, bed and bathroom!!! The rooms were very clean and each room that I was in had a sofa bed too which meant extra room. After we went to our room we went to the waterpark and the place is breathtaking!!! The waterpark had parts for all ages and some of the most fun waterslides I have EVER been on. There was also an outdoor pool and there were occasionally fun contest that would happen that were free for everyone to join. After a long day of swimming we had to eat and the restaurant at the lodge was amazing. The restaurant was a buffet and sometimes had a theme and this time the theme was mexican and there was a big selection of food for everyone.

Besides the waterpark there were many more things to do like go to SCOOPS which was the spa for kids or go to the arcade where there were many games to play. Great Wolf Lodge also has something called MagiQuest where you go to the special part in the gift shop, buy and personalize the parts of your very own wand, choose your gamer name and go on quests around the hotel.The wands were amazing and worked just like wands in fiction movies!!! I do not recommend doing this on your last day because each quest takes a while to complete. Something I did notice was that not all of the lifeguards were as aware as they could be because once I was going down a slide, took a big gulp of water and started to choke and all the lifeguard did was say “Be careful next time.”

Overall Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls,ON had great service, was amazing for all ages and the perfect place to go to if you are looking for a place to have a blast with your family. I had a great experience and hope to go again soon

Room Tip: To choose a good room keep in mind that most of the rooms have sofa beds (or a least all the ones i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lul509
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Really expensive for the average Canadian Family.

The staff are all very nice. You will have a blast in the water park, on the tubes, in the wave pool and getting soaked.

$750 gets you:
- Accommodation for one night's stay
- Free parking
- Free water park passes
- Limited food and soda pop but not all meals
- Magiquest for two kids
- $60 worth of tokens in the arcade
- Two premium coffees

Wrist band policy in effect and it gives you access to your room and ability to pay for everything you purchase. It is definitely convenient but costs add up quickly and by check out expect a bill of hundreds of dollars. For us it was over $400.

Lots of junk food everywhere. Restaurants are expensive and what you do find healthy is too expensive and in one size only. Small.

I recommend you skip Magiquest due to the expense plus you need four days to finish the game. Cost for two children is $65.

If you don't want to break the bank then bring food from home like cereal, bread and make your own sandwiches. Bring canned tuna, salmon, peanut butter & jam, cheese, crackers, pickles. Pack fresh fruit, pop, juice boxes. You can even make spagetti at home, pogos too and reheat everything in the microwave in your room. Room also has mini fridge with plenty of space. Don't forget the margarine, mayo and bring paper plates and plastic cutlery. You can heat water in the coffee machine provided also in your room for tea and water for making hot oatmeal. Purchase milk at the Bear Claw Cafe.

One thing is free at this place. It's the dust and plenty of it in your room. The drawer handles and mantle top full of dust. On the main floor, look up high to the rust colored ventiliation system and see caked on dust; an eye sore literally for us allergy sufferers.

Room Tip: Avoid the third and fourth floors as a lot of kids are playing Magiquest game, plus you always need...
1  Thank Onegreatmomanddadof2
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our family vacation was suppose to be Canada's Wonderland, but with 80% chance of thundershowers, we changed our plans and booked at Great Wolf. Our family included myself and my husband, our two boys (ages 2&3) and my mother and father, my father being 65 years old. My dad was a little bit hesitant about going to a waterpark for two days, but when we got there, he was the biggest kid out of all of us

We had seen the commercials on television, as well as reviews from family members, but nothing prepared us for the fun we had while we were there.

It was very convenient to have a hotel in the place where we would spend the day. When the boys got cranky, up to the room we went for nap time and didn't even have to pack the children back up in the car. When we were hungry, it was easy to order something from a restaurant right on site, rather then again, packing up 6 people to go out and eat. My 3 year old loved the water slides (even went down the family one), and although my 2 year old is a dare-devil he was just to say to small for the water slides, but enjoyed getting soaked with water everywhere else.

The only downside about the hotel is the price. It is rather pricey, but I'm okay with having to pay a little bit more to have things within walking distance. We plan to bring our boys there at least every 2 years.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank staceylwhy
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just got back and can't say enough good things. Some tips...get the 4th floor to eliminate hearing little feet all night long. We ate at the buffet for breakfast and dinner, it was easier and pretty good overall. Lunch was pizza from the Northwoods. Service is slow at times and the front desk check in process could be improved but overall they do a really nice job.

Room Tip: get the end of the hallway away from the lobby
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We decided to head to Great Wolf Lodge for our second time this past January. We do go mid week when the lines are shorter for the slides and the pools less crowded.

We had an amazing time except on our second night, the heater in the room broke. At first we hardly noticed as we were so very tired from such a busy day, but by 8am the next morning the room was frozen (-25C outside). One phone call and about 2 minutes later a mechanic was at the door. He was so very polite, friendly and very helpful. When he determined that he'd have to install a whole new system, we were moved, and upgraded to a new room.

The customer service is tremendous. We also received a letter in the mail the next week making sure our stay turned out to be a great one.

Everything else was terrific as well, the food, the kids entertainment, etc. We did more this time by going to Scoops Spa, the new (to us) bowling alley and Cub Club. We packed our days, and didn't go outside for four days! Talk about all inclusive.

Great Wolf Lodge Niagara is definitely on the top of our list for family getaways.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom level are so much better than we thought - close to the pool/water park and arca...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great Wolf Lodge is a destination by itself.
The Good: Whole family had a great time at the water park. Kids had a good time with the Wolf Walk (morning show) and Bed Time story. They were disappointed that they could not take part in the face paint.
The Bad: It's tough to get out and see anything else. Access to the Niagara Parks WeGo bus takes a little effort. GWL has priced the hotel right at my price point. Any more and it would be a bit too expensive.

There are lot so free things to do that come part of the price of the hotel. Watch the daily schedule.