“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Canada
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wasn't expecting much when we booked in for one night over the Victoria day weekend, however, it surpassed all our expectations. We kept waiting for something to disappoint us, but it never happened. The water park was really clean and lots of fun. There were slides for all ages. The lifeguards were attentive. Staff was friendly, food was good, room spacious and clean. I would certainly recommend purchasing the meal plan, as it was a good deal, and there is no where else close to the hotel anyway. There is a fridge , so you can stock up on drinks .Mind you, there are no outside food or drinks allowed in the water park. There were lots of activities for the kids. Only being there for one night, we didn't get to do everything. All in all a great time at the lodge...can't wait to go back.!!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is immense, so if you want to be close to everything, pick a room close to the lobby. Howe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wellandport, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We had my son's birthday party at GWL so we went for a bigger room that gave us extra passes so the kids could use the water park. We had a great time and because it was close to Halloween GWL had activities for the kids which included trick or treating and a dance party. My kids were dressed up as Despicable Me Minions and had the time of their lives taking pictures with kids.
We had a couple of small issues. I visited GWL in person to book the rooms but still had some issues once we arrived. Once we arrived and checked in one room was ready at 1pm and the other next door wasn't ready till 4pm. When checkout time came they put the receipt under the door of the second room only so it wasn't till I checked my credit card that I noticed I was charged for an extra water park pass. After a couple of calls the charge was removed but it would have been nice to know right away so I could have fix it at the hotel and save the phone call time. I talked to someone from GWL and they were very apologetic about the issue. All on all we had a great time.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We go here every May for our daughters birthday (3yrs old). My parents love it, as does my daughter. Great arcade, small pools for toddlers and activities.

Sure it's a little pricey, and the food is OK but the kids will love it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannon M
Richmond Hill
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After several failed attempts to visit, we finally booked one night at the GWL. The kids had a great time at the water park and the outdoor pool area. No complaints about the service or food. The arcade was the main sore spot as we spent too much time and $$ and ended up with cheap toys and junk candy. We actually thought that we could avoid "video" games for the weekend. Thanks GWL. It is a noisy environment but that was fully expected, but the noise didn't last too late. It is not too difficult to get the kids to bed after a busy day splashing around.

The water park area was well staffed and we found the three licensed snack bars very handy. The food pricing was about average and relatively good for what it was.

The overall experience was good and I would recommend the GWL to families with children ~4 - 14 year's old.

1 Thank JamesRichmondHill
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you can book with a large group, you get a great discount. We booked with 23 families and our room fit 6 people.
Came with Microwave, Coffee Maker, mini Fridge. Room looked over the gorge of Niagara Falls.
When you arrive you are able to have access to the water park at 1pm. They will give you a wrist band that is your room key. They will text you when your room is ready and which room you are in. If you request it you can use your wrist band to purchase anything in the room and it will charge it to the credi t card you booked with. The atmosphere is wonderful lots of things do to for the kids. The Magic wand you can get which is an interactive wand for children. There are many cafe's and a buffet restaurant which I would give a 10/10. There is also an arcade and a spa. Prices are relatively decent. Waterpark is very good, indoor and outdoor and even a adult hot tub.

Room Tip: I would suggest Top floor your close to everything but you can get a decent sleep for little ones.
1 Thank Hollie S
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

They said our room was ready at 12:45 bonus normally there ready till 4 wished it had been ready at 4 then maybe they would have cleaned it properly, we left our luggage and went in the watermark "AMAZING" went back to our room which looked like it had been cleaned until we lookers closely towels we not changed left with brown marks in the face cloth, my son got into his bed and there was food underneath the blankets the room was not vacuumed because there had been chips all around the floors that could be clearly seen, when approached about they didn't look impressed to send ppl to clean it but at 259.99 a night I want my room cleaned especially with a child who has asthma !!! The next day to prove my room wasn't cleaned I turned my IPAD on video and sure enough no bed was made or my sheets changed or even shaken and my bed remade the same no vacuuming AT ALL my son got so sick with his asthma we had to leave early then normal and this was all brought to the managers attention and nothing was done.... Buyer beware it's great for kids but not the cleanest place when it comes to your rooms the restaurants are amazing !!! For the price you pay you should get amazing service

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Roneita
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a much anticipated holiday planned at the Lodge and we were not disappointed. The accommodations were clean and enjoyably themed. The entertainment was directed at school age children, but our family (baby of 16 months, parents and grandparents) enjoyed the experience. Even the baby felt the excitement in the lobby when we arrived. The food was surprisingly suited for all dietary needs. Quite impressive. I would definitely recommend the resort for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the lobby. There is quest game that seems to be played by children of...