My husband and I travelled with our 3 year old son to GWL this past weekend. While I cannot say that this was a relaxing vacation, it was definately a fantastic family getaway.
We arrived at the hotel around 2pm, along with what seemed like every other hotel guest. The lobby was absolutely JAMMED. Although our initial reaction was not a good onedue to the crowd, we were soon surprised by the GWL staff who entertained the kids while the adults waited in the check-in line by making balloon animals and setting up a face painting station! Our room was ready (although check-in time is not actually until 4).
The wristbands that you receive at check in are a huge plus. These act as the key to your room, as well as enable you to lock/unlock the complimentary lockers in the waterpark. You can also charge food/snacks to your room while within the waterpark using your bracelet, so there is no need to bring a wallet to the waterpark.
The room itself ( we stayed in the cheapest one) was great. It was roomier than your average hotel room. It was clean and well kept. The only problem we found with the room was that the heater/air conditioner was very noisy. Not a huge deal though.
There is something in there for kids of all ages starting with toddlers. There are also complimentary life jackets and towels when you enter the water area. Our son was a little timid at first due to all of the water spraying everywhere, but he soon got used to it, and had a blast. He especially liked the kiddy slides for those under 42" tall, and the wave pool. Even though the air temperature is kept at 82F, we did get a little cold after being in and out of water for hours, so we utilized the family hot tub quite often. It was not hot - just nice and warm. The outdoor (adults only) hot tub was a great place to escape and relax for a few minutes.
We ate dinner at the buffet. It cost about $24 for adults, but kids under 3 are free. There was lots of selection even for picky eaters. Salad var, Roast beef being carved, pasta station, pizza, mini buffet table at kids height, lots of desserts. We also ate breakfast at the buffet - again great selection, including an omelette station - adults were about $15 including a beverage, with kids 3 and under free. We ate lunch at the Pizza Hut on site. The prices were about the same as you would pay at any Pizza Hut location, except the soft drinks were quite pricey. The only downfall to the Pizza Hut was the seating - there were only a few small tables.
Since there are small refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, I would recommend bringing snacks and drinks if you don't want to spend $2.50 for a Pepsi or $2.00 for a tiny bag of chips.
If you want to get away for a couple of days, and you want your kids to sleep like logs, I would highly recommend GWL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls