“A quiet retreat in the world famous tourist trap”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Orchard View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Clinton, Connecticut
“A quiet retreat in the world famous tourist trap”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

You cannot go wrong with a stay @ Victorian Charm. After a day of site seeing or activities you can relax & recharge in a quiet atmosphere. Your room, the gardens or front porch. The breakfast is homemade from scratch, fresh & creative. You will not be disappointed.

Anne Marie is an amazing women !!! We had the pleasure of breakfast with her one morning and a long conversation. Wow, this lady is an adventurous soul & very down to earth.

Anne Maire was very helpful with restaurant tips. She and picked us up & dropped us off @ the train station. We will stay @ Victorian Charm again.

Room Tip: NOT A ROOM TIP, BUT NOTEWORTHY: We did not have a car during our stay & did the "We Go&qu...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
victorian39, Owner at Orchard View Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of my bed and breakfast. I really appreciate the tip about the WEGO bus because it is not necessary to have a car and most of my guests leave their car in the parking lot. The bus takes you everywhere and is only a few minutes walk from my B&B and is accessible!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Berrien Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the loft room for two nights and it was a lovely little hideaway with plenty of room for the two of us to relax. Its a bit of a hike up those steep stairs but well worth it. When I was a kid I always dreamed of a room like this at the top of a house with gables and pretty charm and it was fun to finally indulge that fantasy. Anne-Marie works very hard to accomodate everyone's needs and provide helpful info about how to get around town, where the good restaurants are, and even has good suggestion about what order is best to see the sights. The breakfasts are marvelous and she includes lots of fresh herbs, fruits, and veggies from her own garden. The garden itself is a such a pretty relaxing place and seeing her rabbits hopping about and nibbling on the delicacies there just adds to the charm. Hard to imagine how it could possibly be better. The location is convenient, yet out of the mad bustle of the main falls tourist area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy E
Thank you for this informative review. I used to have a room like the Loft room when I was a teenager and loved the privacy and quiet I needed so I decided to renovate the upper floor and offer such a rustic room.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This was a wonderful birthday gift for me by my daughters. Anne-Marie was a marvelous hostess for us. The peace and tranquility of her back yard made all the work stress melt away. Her recommendations for restaurants were superb. The fireworks by the falls on our first night was highlight of the tourist part of our trip. If you decide to stay here be sure to take some time to talk with Anne-Marie. Her life has been and is fascinating.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about my bed and breakfast. I enjoyed your cheerful personality and would be delighted to meet your daughters sometimes! As a former farmer I love a peaceful place and my gardens are a retreat from our busy work day or sightseeing day.
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Incomparable. Anne-Marie is a joy to meet. Her easy manner and welcoming cheer make you feel as though she might be your own grandma. Her passion for her home and hospitality is apparent. She has created a modern and supremely comfortable establishment while maintaining the rustic beauty of an 1889 Victorian. Accommodations are immaculate. I stayed in the Canadiana room, which featured enough outlets to satisfy an Apple employee. And no need has been left unattended; towel racks, extra shampoo, and hangers are in abundance. Her gardens are spectacular and enhance her impressive cooking. There are even bunnies to pet! The walk to the falls is short, maybe 10-15 minutes. But the distance is noticeable if you are seeking a more calming Niagara adventure (as in, you do not require a Casino as your ground floor). Anne-Marie is knowledgeable about the area, and can assist you in anything you might need while here. In short, this is a must stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your kind review and your great sense of humour. I had a good laugh as I was reading it. I enjoyed your visit as well and hope to see you again!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Falls were spectacular, the Maid of the Mist was one-of-a-kind journey, the fireworks entertaining and the whirlpool jet ride thrilling but to top it all up, you must experience the charm and comfort of this B&B. And the house was home to my family and I for 3 nights really due to our excellent hostess Ann-Marie. She is so acknowledgeable about the area and was a big help in planning our things-to-do. We had 2 rooms and they came with their own bathrooms and were spacious and comfortable - there is even free wi-fi. The highlight for us has to be the daily breakfasts - a different menu each day. The home-made pancakes and waffles are a must even for diet-watchers. Overall a 5-star rating for us!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
victorian39, Owner at Orchard View Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I also enjoyed your company and learned a lot about Singapore! I hope you enjoyed the rest of Canada as you were going on to Calgary.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Anne-Marie was a darling and an excellent hostess. My family of 4 stayed at Victorian Charm for two nights and throughly enjoyed both our accommodations and Niagara Falls. The location was only a 15 min walk to the town centre, much prefered as the town centre tend to be very overwhelming and loud with the summer crowd. (A complete turn-off for anyone on a holiday retreat). The bus services were very conveniently located near the BnB too.

The rooms were clean and cozy with everything you could need. The three storeys of stairs were challenging for us who had way too much baggage but that is expected. The shower tend to tricky and the water flow was kinda weak. But Anne-marie's breakfast all but made up for these minor flaws. She served the best fritas and waffles with fresh fruits (from her gardens I think). Her gardens was very interesting to us (city-dwellers who grew up not knowing how fruit trees look like). Despite her busy schedule, still Anne-Marie took time to share with us her life experiences in Asia and was patient with my parents who didn't speak english very well.

Anne-Marie also helped us with tickets for the main rides and attractions, giving us advise on when and where to go to best enjoy our time there. The wine tour package she arranged for us was also great fun with a choice of some truly excellent wineries.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for your wonderful review of my Bed and Breakfast. I will have to explain further how the rain shower operates so that my guests won't be disappointed. I am grateful that you enjoyed my breakfasts as I try to satisfy everyone's taste by offering 2 or 3 hot entrees every morning. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Canadian Adventure!
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Niagara Falls, and in large part this was due to the hostess of Victorian Charm, Anne-Marie. We stayed in the Loft room just prior to the Canada Day long weekend, and We found Anne -Marie to be knowledgeable, friendly and extremely welcoming to her house. The B&B is spacious, beautiful and well located away from the hustle of the Casino's and tourist area of Niagara Falls. It's location is only 10-15 mins walk away from the bustle, so extremely easy to access all that Niagara has to offer.

Breakfast is lovely, and Anne-Marie, makes sure that you are well prepared for the days exploration of the region. The grounds are spacious and beautiful and is over looked by the dining area.

We recommend Victoria Charm, and will not hesitate to return next time we are in the region. Thank you Anne-Marie.

Room Tip: We had a look in the rooms and the Rose and Grande Rooms look amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am sorry to be so late responding but this Summer was super busy and I had my first day off Sept. 25th. I am very happy that you enjoyed your vacation and that you found it excellent. I also thank you for your recommendations.