This was our first stay at a B&B.
The 3 best things I liked about it:
1. The owners. Ann Marie and her husband Pierre are full of stories.
2. The decor. Vicotorian rooms with modern washrooms, and quiet gardens. Great place to read.
3. The breakfast gatherings with interesting conversations with people from all over the world.
The 3 worst things...
1. We had a queen bed. Too small and needs to be replaced.
2. "Sticky" doors... but maybe that's part of the charm.
3. I don't believe it's 15 minutes to the Falls... maybe if you run.
But overall, it was a nice experience. We'd go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant Victorian Heritage style home is situated on a quiet street and just 12 minute walk from the Falls and major attractions. Four large bedrooms, all with ensuite bathrooms, original hardwood floors throughout, stained glass windows and trim. Jacuzzi tubs for 2, some fireplaces, access to fridge, TV/DVD, A/C, three rooms have private balconies, all amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Large front verandah, perfect for relaxing, back deck overlooking our half acre of organic gardens (an oasis right in the city!) and a gazebo. Our small orchard provide fruits and vegetables for breakfast. We source locally and follow green practices where possible. CAA/AAA rated, 2 diamonds. Seniors & singles discount. ... more less