“Okay stay”

Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Alberta
“Okay stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked here to save a bit of money. Room was clean and good enough for what we needed. Beds were very comfortable. However the hotel is located in a very noisy location. Two nearby bars have live bands playing on their outdoor patios until 11pm. Take earplugs if you plan to go to bed before early. Unfortunately the staff is not friendly or very welcoming, not unfriendly, just very hard to get smiles from anyone. Oh well, we didn't go for the hotel experience, just needed a place to sleep while we visited the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I came to this hotel as I am familiar with the "CHOICE" Brand and have often stayed at comfort inns in Ontario. I was a bit surprised with the mandatory $12 parking fee given that it is a ground parking area on hotel grounds. However this is high season for Niagara Falls and it appears all hotels in the fallsview area have a similar charge. I felt the same about the quoted price and the $10 fridge charge. The comfort brand generally has fridge and sometimes microwave included at no charge. The manager overheard my conversation with the front desk young lady so I was "upgraded" with a room with a jacuzzi(which I did not want) and a balcony but I was given a fridge at no extra charge. The room was adequate although I felt the mattress could have been a bit more comfortable (it was a bit hard). I was advised breakfast was 6-9 a.m and it has been my experience that it's best to come early for selection and seating. I went to the breakfast area at about 8 a.m and noted as others did that the room was exceptionally small for the amount of people. I did not have to wait but a short time later I noted a very long line of people waiting. The breakfast was adequate ( I have had better and worse) but it was so crowded and so many people were waiting I actually left early so others could sit and eat. i SAW PEOPLE who went away as they do not want to wait. I agree with other reviewers that they need a larger breakfast room and a greater variety. I did not use the pool so can not comment. I would have appreciated if they had a computer in a public area for those of us who did not have a laptop . All staff were polite and friendly. When I checked out the next day I noted a Fallsview charge which apparently goes to the city . I have seen this type of charge elsewhere and did not have the energy to dispute it as others did. the location was fantastic. The elevator was somewhat slow/busy but again it is high season and this happens at many hotels. I would consider staying here again but only at a discounted price

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room which may be on higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Montreal
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were placed on the first floor (which is actually below the Lobby) next to the pool. What's the deal with the tropical heat in the hallway? The room was very basic, old furniture...something I would expect from about a third of the price I paid.

After reading the other reviews, I was a little worried about the breakfast in that tiny room. I went at 7h30 and it was almost empty and it was better then expected. I returned with my family a little after 8h15 and it was about three quarters full, but no waiting. Pleasantly surpassed they had hot eggs and sausage along with the usual free breakfast fare.

Location location location. What this hotel lacks in quality, it does make up for it in location. We were able to walk to many of the interesting things in the area. The falls are close by, many restaurants in the area with live music and plenty to do. We were even able to walk to the part of town that has all the family attractions like Ripley's Believe it or Not.

I won't return to this hotel because the quality of the rooms was much too low for the price.

TIP: Parking is between $5 to $10 for the day in very convenient locations so if you decide to stay farther from the falls, you an park easily which would probably save lots of money. There is also a bus that is very affordable to get around town in.

Room Tip: There is live music on either sides of the hotel (facing the falls) so if you like peace and quiet...
Brantford
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed in room 609, the room and bathroom were very clean! The decor was a bit dated and the bed was a bit small for a "queen" but those things were easily overlooked by the overall cleanliness and value of the room. We were able to watch the fireworks over the falls right from our balcony, it was a perfect view! We could see the falls from our balcony as well but the mist from the falls does obscure most of the view of the actual falls. Breakfast was included and was very delicious! There is not a huge selection of food but it's hot and fresh and just what you need to start the day! The breakfast room is incredibly small though. We did read other reviews about the breakfast room being small but honestly I think our hotel room was larger than the breakfast room was! It is very very tiny! But again, the food is hot and fresh and the staff were very friendly! Overall we were extremely satisfied with our room and the hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Princeton Junction, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Problems with wifi, breakfast and hot hallways. There was very poor wifi access in the hotel and there was none in our room. Wifi was in the lobby but as you moved away from it to my room the signal faded. I called the front desk and he told me they would "reset the router". That did not help and couldn't do anything more to help. In this day and age of wifi, this lack of service is unacceptable. Second, I agree with other reviewers that the breakfast room is grossly undersized for the hotel. We showed up at 8am with a line out the door and up the stairs almost to the lobby. This is just poor planning and poor design. Then they have the nerve to post a sign not to take food from the breakfast room. We ended up going elsewhere for breakfast rather than spend our morning in line. Overall, rooms are basic and adequate, but with the issues with Wifi and Breakfast, I give this hotel a poor rating. I would find another hotel to stay when in the Niagara area.

Cornwall, Ontario
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is in a good location, but misses on the details. The dining room/free breakfast notion is a scam at best. We had to bail on this idea and go next door to the pricey buffet with the $4 drinks. The place has two buildings, so you may need to weather the elements to get to/from your rooms and the lobby. Ample free parking. Rooms/beds were clean and comfortable.

London, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The dining room is ridiculously small, so there was a huge line of people waiting for 'free breakfast'. Many people left and went elsewhere, even so we waited for about 45 minutes. The breakfast was below average. After breakfast we wanted to go to the pool but it was closed for cleaning until 10:30.
Also, I picked this hotel because rooms have balcony (I like to sleep with windows open and in many other hotels you can't open them), but somebody smoked nearby until late night and the room filled with smoke every half hour--very unpleasant for me, a non-smoker So, lots of disappointments.
The location was good (close enough to entertainment district and the Fall) but the name of the hotel is somewhat misleading, you can't actually see the Fall itself, only a bit of a mist on some days.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family