My husband and I stayed there for three nights, this past August. We loved it! I had done a lot of web searching to try and find a great place for us to stay in the Falls - that didn't kill the budget! I had also checked out Niagara-on-the-Lake for something, found one place but even it could not match the Sterling. (I compared apples to apples)
Love the website for Sterling - was a great way to get a "feel" for the place - virtual tours are awesome way to show this! I always look for a virtual tour or a gallery of photo's. I also do a check on TripAdvisor for reviews and other photos.
Then --- I took a look at what was being offered in the price (compared to other hotels) Free parking - bonus!! (considering it is $20 - $25 everywhere else) Free wi-fi all the way through the building! Other places were charging for internet (and these extra costs really DO add up!) "Breakfast in bed" - this they do need to improve on - great touch - just a tad sketchy! But it also saved us money - but made for a nice start of the day.
LOVED the bathroom - HUGE! Loved the steam shower - was the first time I had ever seen or used one! After walking all day and evening, hiking through the Gorge and Niagara Glenn, doing wine tours, and countless times up and down Clifton Hill - the steam shower (and a glass of wine) was a godsend! The water was always hot, the shower area itself is amazing - all glass and glass door - ceiling to floor! The products they supplied for toiletries were from the Spa - wish now I had of taken advantage of the $25 Spa Certificate! (another freebie and perk included in the price)
Another plus was that it is close to everything and we loved that fact - especially in the evening!) We could walk down to the Falls every night! We could walk to restaurants for lunch and dinner - without the hassle of trying to find a place to park (and the extra costs for that as well).
Concierge service is part of the package and don't be afraid to use this! It is located in the main lobby opposite the front desk. Hotel staff are amazing!
Our room was beautiful! Set up perfect - very clean (except for the stray dust Bunny under the bed) King size bed, working gas fireplace, two sitting areas, ample dresser and closet space, Coffee/beverage area: small fridge to use, sink and counterspace, coffee maker, and all the fixings! Lots of towels and toiletries - and best of all - geared to adults! My husband said it was the most comfortable bed he has ever slept in! Dark wood, hardwood floors, comfortable couch in the one sitting area, and comfortable leather chairs and small glass table in other sitting area up near the window. Nice desk area for laptop - near window as well.
The Inn itself was different - it is a remodled and revamped Milk dairy. Original beams! Original milk bottle as front entrance! (you have to see the pictures!) The restaurant (AG Cuisine) down in the lower level, and attached to the hotel, is cool! Red, black, and silver! We went for drinks on our last evening there. Next time we will have dinner there as it is rated the TOP restaurant in Niagara Falls and region! We will definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls