“Unique, Romantic, Gorgeous, Contemporary, Fun!”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We haven't been to the Falls in 10 years, and I found this on Snique Away last summer. We didn't care if we had a view of the falls, but I wanted some alone time with my husband. This is by far the best place we could have chosen. It was off the main strip, but within walking distance to everything. Even though it was February, we walked to Niagara Casino and everything else around Clifton Hill, including the falls. We did upgrade to the Deluxe Room, and it was the best $25 I ever spent on an upgrade. The room was huge and spacious, the fireplace at the foot of the bed was amazing, and the jacuzzi and huge shower were unbelievable! And to top things off, we were served an amazing breakfast in bed each morning. The staff was extremely helpful and everyone was very friendly. We will definitely be going back!!

My only complaint (if it's even a complaint) - the bed was very firm. I'm a soft mattress kind of person, but my husband loved it.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a bad room in the place!
2  Thank CleveburghFan
Lisa B, General Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

I'm so happy to hear you getaway was a success! We truly feel we provide the ultimate romantic getaway and I'm thrilled we were able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa Baumgartner

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have been to many hotels in the falls and stayed in "romantic" rooms with whirlpools before but none of the falls view hotels can even compare to this one!!! By far the most amazing room I have ever stayed in! We were looking for a romantic weekend in the falls but didn't really care if we had a falls view room as we planning on going to walk and see the falls anyways. I am so glad that we didn't let a falls view room change our mind because this room was spectacular. We stayed in the deluxe room and it looked just like the pics the hotel posted on their website. Open concept and breathtaking! The two person jacuzzi was by far the biggest jacuzzi I have ever been in,tons of room left even with two adults in it. The shower was huge,you could fit 5 people in there if that is your kind of thing ;) it had a rain shower head and jets that came out of the wall...best shower of my life!

The hotel is soooooo close to all the excitement of the falls, just a street away from the main strip. We chose to have dinner at The Keg in the courtyard Marriott and walked there in less then 5mins. We wouldn't stay anywhere else now that we have experience all the romance at The Sterling Inn and Spa! I have seen many deals on Wagjag and such for hotel packages but if I were you id spend the extra cash and really blow her away with a fantasy suite :)))

This hotel is only 4 years old and is very contemporary,its no wonder why The Sterling Inn and Spa is ranked the most romantic in the falls. Cant wait to come back next year for another great Valentines Day weekend!!!

Room Tip: Look at the pics posted on The Sterling Inn and Spa website! They are actually accurate,unlike many...
2  Thank Katie R
Reviewed 12 February 2012

VERY IMPRESSED.The Sterling Inn was fabulous..quiet, chic, clean and efficient. We had probably one of the easiest and quickest check-in's I've ever had, which was nice after driving three hours in a snow storm. We were surprised by an upgraded room with a two-person jacuzzi and gorgeous glass shower...extra sitting room and tons of storage. Everything was so spacious..clean..modern. Great decor, and other reviews may turn up their noses at the location, Niagara Falls is well..a sleazy sort of town so it's pretty much all like this. It was Steps away from The Keg..Clifton Hill..etc. Everything is just a short walk away.
We enjoyed their homemade tirimisu and drinks in our room. Room Service was quite reasonably priced compared to other hotels. We also visited the spa and had two very relaxing pedicures..also reasonably priced. The fitness room was also a nice feature, as I felt guilty for stuffing my face with so much tasty tirimisu and wine:) So yeah, that treadmill came in handy.
Ive read some reviews who complain about their FREE breakfast delivered at your preferred time. Now I've stayed at some of the best hotels in the world..Ritz Carlton..4 Seasons..and I've never..ever had a free in-room breakfast. Great coffee, juice, granola, croissants, quiche and fruit. Who can complain? Delicious and much appreciated. Free Internet and parking too? Bonus. The only downside was that I had to go to Toronto the next day and stay at the Marriott and the whole time I was comparing it to the Sterling Inn and it made my overpriced "suite' at the Marriott in Toronto absolutely suck in comparison to the Sterling :(

3  Thank NiagaraK8
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Sterling Inn and would recommend it to others . My only complaint would be the same one others have mentioned ,the hardness of the beds . We stayed two days and I must have gotten used to it though because I did sleep on the second night .The free breakfast was great just enough variety. The room was spacious and I loved the modern decor and colours . Most of the attractions are an easy walk. Staff were friendly and helpful. A great deal !

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank timelesstart

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa Baumgartner

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We went to this hotel this past weekend, I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and they were positive for the most part, plus it was listed as a four stars.

When we arrived the neighborhood directly around the hotel was a little run down, to the point that I thought the Navigation system had made a mistake. We parked at went in to check in, the hotel itself was nice when you walked in and we were able to get our room keys quickly from a very helpful attendant.

We go to our room and it was good, a nice size, whirlpool tub and fireplace. They had put a lot of time and money into the hotel at one time but the down side was the little things. The wooden floor boards had been warped by people walking on them with wet feet, but instead of fixing the issue properly Sterling had screwed them boards down to the floor and it looked very bad and some of them were a hazard for hurting your toes. The bed was very firm, this could be just my preference but I had a hard time sleeping. The TV remote didn’t work properly, the channels and volume worked but not the power button.

The location was not what I had hoped for either because it was about a block from Clifton Hill. Great if you have children but I thought it was a bit closer the Canadian Falls and the Casino, but it was about a 10-15 minute walk though an iffy looking part of town. On the way back after dark we chose to walk down the hill, along the falls and up the hill again rather than walk that area at night. A shuttle service to the casino would have been nice.

In continental breakfast was included in our stay but it was pretty minimal and not done very well. It was a croissant, which was the highlight, good quality. Next was a yogurt, with cornstarch and a lot of added sugar. The eggs were listed as “Chef’s Choice” which was an over cooked hard-boiled egg. A weak and small portion of granola that tasted stale. Coffee rounded out the meal and it was good. To give some context, we ate the croissant had some coffee and then when out for breakfast. If this was any indication of the food served in the hotel restaurant I am glad we ate elsewhere.

The worst part of the weekend came when I went to check out. I booked the night before we left and I looked on at Sterling’s online site, which listed prices at $195 for a basic room and $220 for a higher-class room. I looked on some travel sites too and the prices were the same starting at $195. I called the hotel to make sure I could get a room on the second floor and the attendant quoted me price of $145 and I thought that was a good deal. I figured they were offering me this discount because an empty room doesn’t make them any money and I could book anywhere last minute. I walk up to check out and the bill listed the price as $245 as the price of the hotel room! I explained that I was quoted a price $100 less when I booked and there must be a mistake. The attendant told me there was no mistake and that was the price of the room, saying that I must have agreed to this price when I booked the room. I asked to speak to the manager but they were not in yet but I could come back later and he gave me their business card if I couldn’t wait. When we got back from breakfast, I went in again to speak to the attendant about the bill, explaining that on their own website it lists their most expensive room as $220 and online from third party sites I could book at $195, so why would I have agreed to pay $245? Hell for $245 I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel and room, with a great view of the falls! The attendant told me the manager had arrived to work and he when back to speak to them. The manager didn’t even come out to deal with me in person but instead allowed the attendant to walk back and forth between two different rooms several times before the agreed to lower the cost of the room to $195 and that this was an exception. What kind of manager can’t take a few minutes out of their day to deal with an unhappy customer? Isn’t that part of your job? Anyway I figured Sterling wasn’t going to honor the price they quoted me but it was the price I would have gotten had I book online and that was good as I was going to get.

Overall the room itself had some minor issues, but nothing that would have warranted a negative review in my mind. It was the service that we received, starting with the booking agent that didn’t enter the quoted price correctly in the computer system. The check out attendant that had no power to address the issue before the manager arrived. The absentee manager that couldn’t take two minutes out of their day to help resolve an issue with an client that assured me that I will never return to the Sterling Inn and Spa.

Room Tip: The floors are wooden and not well maintained in our room, I am sure the people on the first floor h...
7  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is the nicest hotel I have ever had the chance to stay at. The decor, the rooms, the service, the food, it was all superb.
We got a deal through steal the deal and upgraded our room to a jacuzzi suite. It was beyond beautiful! We didn't want to leave the room! In fact, we ordered room service from the AG restaurant. It was delicious!
We will be back :)

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I will preface this by saying I've been to Niagara Falls several times, so staying in a room with a view was not a priority. If you must have a falls view, keep looking. My husband and I stayed here back in September 2011. The room was phenomenal. We had both the steam shower and jacuzzi tub. After biking all day in Niagara-on-the-Lake, we took full advantage of both of them. Celebrated my husband's birthday at the AG Restaurant, which was also fantastic. The chef's tasting menu was to die for! My only knock on this hotel was the bed. It was the firmest mattress I've ever slept on. If you like softer beds, this hotel is not for you. If you don't mind or don't care, the Sterling Inn is a great value - huge rooms, close to the falls with free parking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple