“Weekend retreat”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great hotel with helpful and pleasant staff. Our very spacious room came with a beautiful fireplace and wonderful king sized bed. The steam shower, spacious bath and wet bar area helped to make our stay even more comfortable. In addition to all of this, we we served a delicious breakfast in our room each morning. The Sterling Inn is clearly one of the nicest places to stay in Niagara Falls. Can't wait to return next year.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sterling Inn & Spa

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I took a one-night getaway at the Sterling Inn and booked the Escape Package. Our room was very large and very nice. The king-sized bed is on an elevated level and is super comfortable. The bedding is lovely. The room is so big there is room for a table and chairs, a desk and another armchair. There is a kitchenette with sink, mini-fridge and cabinets. It was more like a studio apartment than a hotel room! The bathroom was gorgeous. The jetted tub is enormous and so is the multi-head shower. We were thoroughly pleased with our stay including the delicious three course supper at AG, the on-site restaurant.

Room Tip: Our room was 208 and we didn't hear any noise from neighbours. This room is very large.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa B, General Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

I'm so happy to hear you getaway was a success! We truly feel we provide the ultimate romantic getaway and I'm thrilled we were able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa Baumgartner

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent 2 weeknights at the Sterling Inn and had an amazing time! We will be back for sure! The breakfast in bed each morning was wonderful, the jacuzzi tub was perfect, and our time at the spa with Tim was excellent! Our only regret was that we didn't make it to the restaurant for dinner, but next time for sure! We wouldn't change a thing...event the shampoo was amazing lol
I saw a few reviewers saying how far this hotel was from everything, but it really wasn't far at all. We walked to the falls several times without any problem and I'm 5 months pregnant!

Room Tip: We choose the jacuzzi tub option and loved it! The only slightly weird thing was figuring out how to...
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

What a great stay. Our room was so large and the bathroom was to die for. The shower was awesome and the jacuzzi tub was exquisite. Loved the robes. Loved the fireplace but sadly ours was not working. Make sure you have a working fireplace before you unpack. The best was breakfast in bed. Yes, they have the same menu but it was sufficient for us for our two day stay. The hard part was trying to find it. Its located on a side street away from all the touristy stuff which was just fine with us. It felt more private and romantic than the big named hotels. Glad we chose this place.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our second time staying here (the first time 5 yrs ago). The ambiance is what sets this hotel apart from the others...large room, large bed and very large shower with rain head , the size and the decor is the real plus.

Dinner at AG we think it was even better than our visit 5 yrs ago. The first night we went to the bar for a late evening drink and were impressed the bartender (Nancy) remembered our names when she saw us arrive for dinner the following night. I had the Surf and Turf (not your standard fare) and my husband the lamb both were spectacular.

There are a couple of little things this time though...disappointed we did not have robes, did not like getting dressed for our breakfast in bed. There are some cosmetic issues that can be easily fixed such as a divot in the night stand, marks in the shower (my husband said maybe someone wore heals in there ;) and marks on the wall. Hope they don't let it get away from them.

Overall had a wonderful weekend away and will consider when coming back to Niagara Falls.

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd floor no noise and the beams are a nice touch
1  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We booked the Sterling Inn & Spa sight unseen based on the availability and price. It was definitely a smart move. The hotel is only about a mile from the falls parkway and just a block away it the pick up for the WEGO Blue line down to the welcome center. The room's laid out nicely and your in room breakfast is delivered on time and hot. My only drawback is the location for computer/cell chargers. There are plenty, but they are a bit inconvenient to access, unless you like to crawl a little. The place is on a quiet side street and easily recognized by the 3-story milk bottle entry(stay to get the full story)

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for one with the balcony for a "Sunny" brreakfast
Reviewed 24 October 2013

For our stay at Sterling, we booked the couples retreat package. We stayed for two nights.This included a room with either a Jacuzzi or steam shower - we ended up with a Jacuzzi; dinner one night (3 courses), breakfast and a 25 minute couples massage.

Our GPS got us lost, but we did manage to find the hotel. It is at the top of Clifton Hill and one street away from the main street that leads to Clifton Hill. For myself it was in a perfect location to walk to certain attractions and restaurants.

I am unsure of what room we had, but it was quite large! It appeared clean on our arrival and was not sore on the eyes at all.

I wish the darkening drapes closed further - the sun came in the room even with the blinds shut. For some reason the drapes were made to not be able to close fully.

I am a little skeptical of the cleaning service in general as there was a long red body pillow on our bed and it had quote a few white stains on it. I made sure not to lay on it. I realized our floor had not been cleaned after our first nights sleep as I had accidentally spilled granola on the bed. When we came back from being out it was all over the floor near the bed.

It was nice that breakfast was included. It was an 'upscale' continental breakfast. A very small amount of granola to share, two small quiches, two croissants, an apple and an orange, two yogurts plus drinks of choice. It got me through a couple hours, but for myself it is too much bread/carbs. Of course I could have chosen not to eat it, but it did taste good and I was hungry. There is no option to eat a hot breakfast in the hotel.

The Jacuzzi tub had small holes all around the bottom versus larger jets I am used to. It was nice, but I wanted more pressure. The dainty holes don't provide enough. Our cold tap also did not work until my husband put a lot of pressure on it - both to turn it on and off. I did not make the front desk aware as I did not want a maintenance person in our room while we were out.

Dinner at the AG was quite nice. The chef was able to accommodate my change in menu choice and I was not charged extra. The food was good. I probably would not eat at the restaurant again because for myself it was not something I would pay 'extra' for (taste was I mean..it was good, but would not be worth $100+ for my husband and I) - If I came back, I would choose a package that does not offer the dinner so I could eat elsewhere.

Our couples massage was booked for the morning we left. It was for 10am. I had ordered breakfast for 9:15-9:30 (to be delivered). It did not come until almost 9:40. I called the front desk letting them know I know had to stuff my face and run to my massage. They did not offer any compensation. I was disappointed in this. I ordered breakfast to have enough time to eat, not dash and dine.

For us this was a first year anniversary trip, and overall I did enjoy it. I probably would not go back to this hotel, but I would tell any reviewers to try it once. Your tastes may be different than mine, and your faucets may work as well. You never know until you try!

1  Thank Mandy S