“Romantic, nice boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
toronto
“Romantic, nice boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was mine & my husband's first time at this hotel. We decided to go on a weekend getaway before the birth of our 3rd child. I was 8 months pregnant and the location was awesome, we could walk everywhere. We had just a standard room but was it was huge, complete with a separate living area and a steam shower. Parking was free which is always a plus, and the complimentary breakfast in bed was a really nice touch.

Staff was nice & attentive. We had a couples massage done at the spa which was wonderful but their prices were a little more than other spas. We also ate at AG restaurant inside the hotel which was absolutely incredible!! That was one of my most favourite meals.

We are already planning our return at Sterling for the summer!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa B, General Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I'm so happy to hear you getaway was a success! We truly feel we provide the ultimate romantic getaway and I'm thrilled we were able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Lisa Baumgartner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

the room was nice and Modern. (some minor damage to walls and floors) the room had a steam shower and a fireplace. some minor touch ups could make this room perfect. the pillows were hard as rocks with no other options for those who like softer ones. (other hotels on our trip did this and I feel its a nice touch that costs next to nothing) the parking was Free and onsite (which was nice because it rained heavily on the day we arrived) the restaurant has a very high end menu, but didn't have much I thought I would like on it so I never ate there. a short walk to Clifton hill and many many restaurants. also the Falls. Usually my wife and I walk everywhere when we are here so it is not an issue that it is one street off the main drag. we are here to be out and about so the room view was not an issue for us. IF you want a falls view then stay in one of the hotels that are called "FALLS VIEW". the breakfast was ok, I assume it was a European style/Canadian? courteous staff and easy access.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the steam shower so if you have a choice ask for it! great after a long walking day
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here just after New Years and we had a blast. It was our first time at Niagara Falls and we loved it. Would stay here again In a heartbeat. The hotel is located about 2 blocks off the main strip of nightlife, dining etc but is a bit of a walk to the falls. The massage at the spa was nice. We did a couples massage and it just added to our relaxation level. Massage was a bit short for the price but it's a hotel spa so it's to be expected. We did a groupon deal so it included a voucher for the hotel restaurant and casino slot dollars. The restaurant was nice but the good was in a way too fancy for our taste but if you like trendy elegant food then you'd probably enjoy it. Rooms were amazing, the in room electric fireplace was heaven. We loved the room do much we stayed an extra night last minute cause we couldn't bare to leave. Service was great and every staff member was pleasant and helpful. Overall we loved it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic weekend at a somewhat reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Marcjenn0703

michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Sterling Inn. I have to say the place is still a gem. Check-in was friendly and fast. The room was clean. The jacuzzi tub was an added bonus this time. It was very large, my husband was happy, he's a big guy.

I wish they had a rug on the floor, the floor can be cold upon exiting the bed. I also wish they had a larger television with movies to rent. I got sick, and wish I had something to watch on tv.

This was my first visit to tge AG Cuisine. The atmosphere and food was great.

Overall my 2 night stay was great! The price was amazing, we got a deal from Living Social. Thanks for making my mini vacation special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Used a Living Social voucher to take my husband away for a couple of days for his 50th birthday. Arrived on a Wed afternoon and was immediately checked in. Niagara is a bit of a ghost town during the week it seems as many places to go out to get dinner and some wine were either deserted or closed. Our room was wonderful! Clean, spacious and dedicated to comfort. King four post bed (a little to firm for our liking) , fireplace, steam shower, balcony, breakfast in bed - what else can you ask for? I took him for his first spa experience and that too was great. Mud bath could have been much warmer but nothing bone chilling. Dined at AG for dinner - SUPER! Would definitely go back again for a get away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy G
Lisa B, General Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 17 February 2017
What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are elated to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We enjoyed our two night stay at Sterling Inn & Spa. Upon our arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful telling us about the area. Our room was clean, spacious and close to Clifton Hill with a short walk to the falls. A nice variety of soaps, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash and robes were available in our room. On the mini bar was a small sink, refrigerator, freezer with coffee maker. The fireplace was a nice touch to the room and it is temperature controlled which is always a nice feature. Our room had a nice size Jacuzzi tub which is self cleaning. Breakfast is delivered to your room at the time that you request and both mornings our was on time and warm. We were in room in 202 and the Inn was almost full and we did not have any noise issues and found everything worked properly in our room. Overall, our stay was very pleasant and enjoyable. Overall, the staff was very polite and always eager to assist us in our request and we were always greeted with a smile and a friendly voice.

Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and just spent the past weekend at Sterling, it's the second time we have been and we do enjoy, especially since it is a very close drive from Toronto. The service is excellent, with both the spa services as well as the room service, dining and resturant. I think we were in a mini suite, it was reasonably priced, but the room could use a few improvements. Firstly a few carpets or rugs would help warm up the room a bit more, the fire place is nice, but the lighting needs to be fixed. In our room the main light controls two different lights, they should add a second switch, same goes for the bathroom, it needs a second one for the dimmer lights. Unfortunately now it easily wakes up anyone already sleeping in the adjoining bed. One last thought, the pillows need to be improved, down/synthetic down that aren't flat, are much better. I hope they can make a few of the changes I suggest, and I do recommend staying there, as I'm sure we will again.