We had a first floor regular room with a steam shower. The room was good-sized, modern, and very clean. Nice romantic feel for a couples getaway. Everything in the room was well done, from the art to the beautiful bathroom sink. The steam shower was great after a long day on the road. The side jets didn't seem to work, but they weren't really needed, so we didn't mention it. The rainshower fixture and the steam were heavenly.
The location was an easy walk to the falls, while still being a little out of the way and quieter than being in the Clifton Hill area.
We were not able to visit the restaurant during our visit, so I can't comment on the food, but the menu looked wonderful. The free breakfast was good, nothing spectacular, but it was great to have it delivered to the room, and it was exactly on time. Overall, it was a much better experience than I expected for such a reasonable price. Really lovely.
A few cons (and all these are super picky)--the wood floors were beautiful, but a bit noisy and creaky. It would have been nice to have a rug under the bed area. (I had read from other reviews that floor noise from the 2nd floor might be a problem, but we didn't hear anything.) The bedding (comforter, not sheets) had small stains on them. This wasn't particularly noticeable, since the room is dark--but it seemed out of place in such an impeccable room (and easy to fix). We could have used accessible outlets closer to the beds. Also, the bed was a little hard for me, but this is a personal preference. Also, water was available in the room, but priced at $4 a bottle, which seemed a little steep.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, and we'd definitely consider staying there again, for longer next time so we could experience the restaurant and spa amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls