Let me start by saying we come to Niagara 5 - 10 times a year. This is our first time in five years staying here; we usually stay at the Hilton, the HoJo or Marriott hotels.
I was surprised with a weekend here for my birthday, this hotel was always on our bucket list but we could never find a good deal for it. We had a package with dinner. breakfast in bed is included and we also had a room with a large 3 person Jacuzzi.
- the room we had was HUGE. We almost had to shout to each other if we were on opposite ends.
- The Jacuzzi was so relaxing, had so much room to move around in as well.
- The rain shower....I did not want to leave it. I now require one at home, I have been spoiled.
- The staff were always pleasant, kind & helpful
- The room was beautifully decorated.
- Something that amused me was their pop machine accepted credit cards, which is great because it's hard to amass a pocket full of change in this day.
- We had dinner at the AG, it was delicious!!
- the "breakfast in bed" was the same thing everyday. Looking through the instagram hashtag #sterlinginn it appears to be the same breakfast they have been serving for over 60 Weeks!! We would have liked a little variety. The food is sparse, I was very excited for this part of my morning as I'm a breakfast addict....it was so very disappointing.
- the bed is SO HARD. My boyfriend enjoys firm mattresses and even he had problems with this one. My hips and neck were stiff after two nights of trying to sleep on this bed. The Howard Johnson across the street has better mattresses.
- the room itself has clearly seen better days. Deep scratches on the floors, severely warped floors, lampshades that had been turned so you couldn't see the damage they have sustained immediately. The bar fridge is a nice touch but we had to use the freezer portion to keep anything remotely cold. Your first impression you feel like this room has been modernized and spruced up....it's when you settle in you notice all the little details.
- hair. there was hair in our bed, in the Jacuzzi, on our breakfast tray, rolled into our napkins.......could have just been a one off or maybe their staff needs to invest in better hairnets.
I would come back, I would not splurge for a package and I probably would just refuse to get the breakfast - I'd really only come back if I could be guaranteed a softer bed. It really is a gorgeous place with such nice people. It's the inanimate things that need a bit of a renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls